Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-31-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Pats v Colts

What are Steelers fans thought regarding this match up?

The Colts have been mildly impressive in their opening 7 games - the Patriots have been up and down more times than King Koopa on gameday.

The Colts offense look to have a huge advantage over the Patriots D on paper - we have been weak against both the run AND the pass this year.

I think the Pats will put up some points on this Colts D - probably 25-30 - but without a healthy RB we will find it difficult to starve the Colts offense of possession.

The Patriots have traditionally owned the Colts - going back to the days when they were divisional rivals - and in recent years have given Peyton enough nightmares to last a lifetime.

The Patriots are also at home and there is a possibility if inclement weather conditions - Brady has been able to master these conditions in the past...Manning has not.

If this game was played on paper id take the Colts by about 7....but its not....my money is on a high scored shootout like the days of Bledsoe v Marino (most of them didnt turn out very well)

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Pats v Colts

After last night I dont think that you guys can hang with the Colts. The tackling was horrible, and don't get me started on your secondary. I will be cheering for the Patsy's but I just don't think that they will be able to overcome all their injuries, and E. James. Best of Luck! P.S. Whats the word on P. Pass?
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,531 Times in 3,969 Posts

the only thing i see going for the pats is past history. i dont think that will mean as much this year. going off of the past i wouldve expected the pats have an = or > record than the colts but that isnt the case.every game has been a struggle for the pats (except oak.) i really think this game could get away from the pats early and we see peyton manning resting on the bench in the 3rd quarter. the trend is win a game, lose a game, next week says a loss.

manning and harrison> holcomb and moulds.

i dont see the pats o-line holding up to the indy pass rush like it has in the past.

edgerrin james is totally healthy (i think), who knows whats up with dillon and zeoroue?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I would have to put my money on the Colts.
Their defense has steped up this year and the Pats arent the same team as they were a year ago.
However, as a steelers fan i would like to see the colts lose.
If Brady wins this game, it could be his opportunity to prove that he is the best quarterback in the NFL. Right now i think Manning hold the top spot....But Brady could prove that wrong this week
Old 10-31-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
After last night I dont think that you guys can hang with the Colts. The tackling was horrible, and don't get me started on your secondary. I will be cheering for the Patsy's but I just don't think that they will be able to overcome all their injuries, and E. James. Best of Luck! P.S. Whats the word on P. Pass?
No word on P.Pass yet....to me it looked like a tear rather than a slight pull of the hamstring....which would be pretty typical of the season so far.

I wont argue with anyone who says the Colts are favourite for this one...if they dont get it done this time...they never will.

The key will be the 1st quarter - if we can put some points on their D then get a turnover it may play on old weaknesses.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

When teams get a monkey on their back, it's hard to get it off...does anyone thing MSU is a better team than Notre Dame? But they own the Irish...

I think it'll be a closer game than they've played lately, but the Pats will take this one...plus the Colts have had a pretty easy schedule so far, and are due to come back to Earth...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

hey livinginthepast, why don't you keep my posting name out yo mouth, i hope the colts beat the hell out of the pats, on paper colts win by 21, but in real life they win be 28, final score 28-0

Last edited by Koopa; 10-31-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
hey livinginthepast, why don't you keep my posting name out yo mouth, i hope the colts beat the fuck out of the pats, on paper colts win by 21, but in real life they win be 28, final score 28-0
Tsk Tsk Koopa,

having a bad night again? Stop being such a cry baby - twas meant as a lite bit of humor.

NM
Old 10-31-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

no i'm having a very good day and night, i was just makin a prediction
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #10
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Right now I think the Colts will win the game, but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing them lose.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote