Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
polamalu82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8234
Default My First Mock Draft

Like said in the title this is my first attempt at a Mock Draft. Maybe a few surprises. Take it easy on me, but let me know what you think...

2008 MOCK DRAFT

1. Miami- Chris Long /DE

2. st. Louis- Jake Long /OT

3. Atlanta- Matt Ryan /QB

4. Oakland- Sedrick Ellis /DT

5. Kansas City- Ryan Clady /OT

6. New York Jets- Darren McFadden /RB

7. New England*- Vernon Gholston /DE

8. Baltimore- Leodis McKelvin /CB

9. Cincinnati- Glen Dorsey /DT

10. New Orleans- Mike Jenkins /CB

11. Buffalo- Limas Sweed /WR

12. Denver- Keith Rivers /LB

13. Carolina- Kenny Phillips /DB-S

14. Chicago- Jeff Otah /OT

15. Detroit- Derrick Harvey /DE

16. Arizona- Phillip Merling /DE

17. Minnesota- Malcolm Kelly /WR

18. Houston- Aqib Talib /CB

19. Philadelphia- Early Doucet /WR

20. Tampa Bay- Gosder Cherilus /OT

21. Washington- Kentwan Balmer /DE

22. Dallas- Rashard Mendenhall /RB

23. Pittsburgh- D.Rogers-Cromartie /CB

24. Tennessee- DeSean Jackson /WR

25. Seattle- Felix Jones /RB

26. Jacksonville- Calais Campbell /DE

27. San Diego- Brandon Flowers /CB

28. Dallas- Devin Thomas /WR

29. San Francisco- James Hardy /WR

30. Green Bay- Antoine Cason /CB

31. New England*- Forfeited for being video taping cheaters!!!!

32. Giants- Dan Connor /LB
Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: My First Mock Draft

Interesting to see no Jonathon Stewart in the first round. I am not sure that we would pass him up if he was still available.

Sweed is the interesting one. Potentially he could go that high but I would expect to see him a bit lower.

Solid effort. Could handle the pick at 23
Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Interesting to see no Jonathon Stewart in the first round. I am not sure that we would pass him up if he was still available.

Sweed is the interesting one. Potentially he could go that high but I would expect to see him a bit lower.

Solid effort. Could handle the pick at 23
yup, i just don't see felix jones going ahead of stewart. or cherilus before williams... but ya never know....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,303 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
yup, i just don't see felix jones going ahead of stewart. or cherilus before williams... but ya never know....

Yeah, I see Williams fitting into Denvers zone blocking scheme and Stewart ahead of Jones. I also see teams liking the speed of Deshaun Jackson over Early Doucet with Doucet going at the top of the 2nd.

If DRC is there he is the best athlete available and like the kid. I just think the Steelers like their CB's more physical and think they might pass.

Basically I spent most of your mock saying to myself..."sounds about right". Good effort.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, I see Williams fitting into Denvers zone blocking scheme and Stewart ahead of Jones. I also see teams liking the speed of Deshaun Jackson over Early Doucet with Doucet going at the top of the 2nd.

If DRC is there he is the best athlete available and like the kid. I just think the Steelers like their CB's more physical and think they might pass.

Basically I spent most of your mock saying to myself..."sounds about right". Good effort.
i think the rivers pick is pretty solid for denver if he's there. assumming of course dorsey ,gholston and ellis are gone. thier D was 30 th against the run last year, and thier linebackers suck. they'll probably have a shot at sam baker in rd 2, who may be an even better fit in the zone blocking O.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
polamalu82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8234

Thanks for your input guys. I think with Cromartie's ball skills and blazing speed he could be the ball hawking corner we've been needing. As far as him being small I'm sure he'd bulk up once he gets into the NFL. I just hope he's available at 23.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:35 AM   #7
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82 View Post
Thanks for your input guys. I think with Cromartie's ball skills and blazing speed he could be the ball hawking corner we've been needing. As far as him being small I'm sure he'd bulk up once he gets into the NFL. I just hope he's available at 23.
idk about being available but he sure is talented...

but yea the reaches were cherilus and doucet as people have pointed out...

but overall i like it...
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 AM   #8
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

i can see desean jackson going in either round 1 or 2...

his forty was good but not what everyone was expecting considering a guy 30 pounds heavier ran a 4.25 compared to his 4.35... and another reciever andre caldwell i think 35+ pounds heavier running a 4.37...

his size and reciever skills leave much to be desired BUT he's a fantastic return man and could help out a team immediately on ST and develop into a solid reciever later...

but the fact his size and current skills as a reciever are not equal to a Hardy or devin thomas for that matter could let him drop to the second...
Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,303 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
i can see desean jackson going in either round 1 or 2...

his forty was good but not what everyone was expecting considering a guy 30 pounds heavier ran a 4.25 compared to his 4.35... and another reciever andre caldwell i think 35+ pounds heavier running a 4.37...

his size and reciever skills leave much to be desired BUT he's a fantastic return man and could help out a team immediately on ST and develop into a solid reciever later...

but the fact his size and current skills as a reciever are not equal to a Hardy or devin thomas for that matter could let him drop to the second...

All valid points, but Jackson seemed to impress in his interviews at the combine and I think his value as a receiver and returner could make him late first rounder, but wouldnt be surprised if he falls to the 2nd.

I like Caldwell's skills and same with Doucet. I'm just not in the Hardy camp on all the hype. I think he will be a productive receiver, but more in the Vincent Jackson mold than the 2nd coming of Terrell Owens. Still an interesting pick in the 2nd.

As I have said before, I'm not as worried about stopwatch speed and there are lots of examples of 4.55 guys that are productive WR's.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #10
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Sorry Mr Jackson, but I hope that your prediction doesnt come true bud. I just dont think that he is NFL ready. The guy is about 50 lbs on the light side. Sounds like he has good potential but with a team that needs OT and DE's so badly I just dont think that taking a DB will happen unless he is a sure thing.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote