Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick. Always.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways.
Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
|Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact||Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.|
|03-07-2008, 10:18 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denmark, Wisconsin (since July)
Member Number: 592
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Only in Iowa!!!!!
An Iowa farm wife called the local phone company to
report her telephone failed to
ring when her friends called and that on
the few occasions when it did ring, her
pet dog always moaned right before
the phone rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to
the scene, curious to see this psychic
dog or senile elderly lady. He climbed a
nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test
set, and dialed the subscriber's house.
The phone didn't ring right away, but then
the dog moaned loudly and the telephone
began to ring. Climbing down from the
pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone
system's ground wire via steel chain
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts AC of
signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog
would start moaning and then urinate on
himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the
circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
This demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by
pissing and moaning.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|