Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Atlanta Motor Speedway

Go get em Matt!
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Default Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway

Free curly fries for everyone!

Woo-hoo!

Thanks Jr, for running over that rookie and giving us the restart with 7 to go - we needed that win.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

[SIZE=2]I look for Dale Jr. to have a strong run today in Atlanta. I sure hope so anyway..
I just hope also that Kyle Busch's good luck from the used to be Busch race yesterday carries over into sunday when he crashed into the wall after being so Arogant!!!/SIZE]
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Free curly fries for everyone!

Woo-hoo!

Thanks Jr, for running over that rookie and giving us the restart with 7 to go - we needed that win.
hard not to root for a guy when free curly fries are on the line.

really every team should do this. if kurt or kasey wins we should all get a free beer on monday. ryan newman? a free gallon of mobile1 gas. stewart? a free tool (under 5 bucks). jimmie johnson- a box of tampons. etc. etc.

it would be great for the sport and draw in even more interrest.

this weeks race is like the roulette wheel where its come up red ten times in a row. odds say its about to hit black (ie hendrick is about to win)
Old 03-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

WAY TO GO KYLE BUSCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
WAY TO GO KYLE BUSCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im very suprised team hendrick gave up on its most talented driver in favor of casey mears. atleast they replaced him with who is now their most talented driver.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #7
Fire Haley
Banned

Tony shoots back

Stewart, Junior blister Goodyear in remarks after tiresome Sunday
DAVID POOLE
The Charlotte Observer

Sunday, Mar. 09, 2008
HAMPTON, Ga. - Toyota got its first Sprint Cup victory Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, but much of the postrace talk was about another company – Goodyear.

"That was the most pathetic racing tire I've ever been on in my professional career," Tony Stewart said.

"They (Goodyear) exited out of Forumla 1 ... IRL ... CART ... World of Outlaws ... and there is a reason for that. Goodyear can't built a tire that is worth a crap.

" ... It was ridiculous to have to race on a tire like this. Not at this level of racing. If they can't do anything better than that, they should just pull out of this sport and save us a bunch of headaches. I guarantee you Hoosier or Firestone or somebody can come in and do a better job that what they are doing right now."

Goodyear is the sole supplier of tires for NASCAR's top three series.

"We do the best job that we can with the data set that we have and we bring the safest tires we know how to build," Justin Fantozzi, marketing manager for Goodyear motorsports, said in response to the pos-trace criticism.

He declined to respond directly to Stewart's comments.

The tires used Sunday were not the same ones teams used during a test with NASCAR's new car here in October.

Fantozzi said concerns over wear led to another tire test at this 1.54-mile track in December. Goodyear then selected a combination of harder right-side tires with left-side tires providing more grip that left many teams struggling.

Stewart complained teams didn't have data telling them what tires they would have here until a week ago.

Fantozzi said that data became available to teams in January and that Goodyear has been fielding technical questions since before the Daytona 500.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., who finished third Sunday, said that didn't matter.

"No amount of time would have prepared us for that," he said. "There was no way, you weren't going to hook that tire up."

Earnhardt Jr. said he understands Goodyear didn't want to provide tires that wouldn't stand up under racing conditions at a track where excessive wear had been an issue.

"The tire we used to run here ran into the cords, but you could still run on it," he said.

"With these tires, I could still see the center mold line on my tire after 30 laps. There has to be several steps between that. ... Goodyear doesn't like to hear drivers bash them and I don't like to do it. But I am not going to just sit here and take this."

Stewart said he wasn't trying to bash Goodyear as much as he was asking the company and NASCAR to do something different.

"We don't want to have to race like this on tires like we had this week," Stewart said.

"There wasn't anything about today's race that was fun. I ran second and I wouldn't rerun this race for any amount of money.

"I am pleading with Goodyear to do something about this. Take some of the money they give NASCAR and put it into a research and development program. Do something. ... They have been in the sport a long time. They need to figure it out.

"The guys they have aren't getting it done right now. ... I don't know what it's going to take to get them to improve their product
Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im very suprised team hendrick gave up on its most talented driver in favor of casey mears. atleast they replaced him with who is now their most talented driver.
He might be talented, but he's also despised. Plus I'll be shocked if he ever wins an overall points title.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
He might be talented, but he's also despised. Plus I'll be shocked if he ever wins an overall points title.
i think its Kurt who is despised. i think Rowdy Shrub is just guilty by association.

i'll be shocked if anybody besides hendrick, roush, or gibbs wins a point title (almost as shocked as kurt winning it several years back). the fact that kurt was with roush and kyle has found success with hendrick and gibbs, isnt suprising.

the fact that they wanted to put a 16-17 year old bush jr. in a ride isnt suprising either.

he's "young, dumb, and full of errr.... talent".

i'd be suprised if stewart wins more champs than his new teammate from here on out.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Hmmm...I seem to remember saying not all that long ago that Shrub Jr. was by far the more talented of the two (between him and Jr.).

Of course time will tell. By the way, Hi Spike...um, I mean Killer...