Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #11
19ward86
Head Coach
 
19ward86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Ohio
Posts: 1,985
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2717
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

He needs to be healthy unless we want to give up 200 rush yards per game.
__________________
[YOUTUBE]PGrTvNzGCZE[/YOUTUBE]
You must watch this video.
19ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,677
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Great news thanks
__________________

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #13
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,452
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 409
Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,298 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
He needs to be healthy unless we want to give up 200 rush yards per game.

But don't worry if he gets hurt again. As all the journalists and pundits keep saying we have lots of "depth" on the team. We just resigned Kirschke didnt we...

Most on this board keep pimping their favorite WR, CB, RB in round 1, but the fact is we need help on the D-line and the sad part is....its in better shape than the O-line.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
paw-n-maul-u
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 665
Member Number: 2942
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

man our defense could be looking goooooooood next year.

Kiesel/Draft pick ... Hampton/Hoke ... Smith

Harrison ... farrior/foote/timmons .... woodley

If we can get a solid player at S across from troy ... and a HEALTHY troy (which i don't think we've seen in two years) .... Ike B-mac and Townsend should be solid.

This is a pretty deep corner class ... I REALLY like this idea, Moving Townsend to Safety for a year, and draft a corner in the second round or so

Townsend and Troy at safety

Ike B-mac and draft pick ... In order ... (if we went first round, Aquib Talib or Leodis Mckelvin (sp?) ... and in the second B. Flowers or Cason)
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

or we could have a improved cover man in smith and he can knock heads.. :o

and we need to get another young dt b/c hampton and hoke are old
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 101,412
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,220
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,508 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
man our defense could be looking goooooooood next year.

Kiesel/Draft pick ... Hampton/Hoke ... Smith

Harrison ... farrior/foote/timmons .... woodley

If we can get a solid player at S across from troy ... and a HEALTHY troy (which i don't think we've seen in two years) .... Ike B-mac and Townsend should be solid.

This is a pretty deep corner class ... I REALLY like this idea, Moving Townsend to Safety for a year, and draft a corner in the second round or so

Townsend and Troy at safety

Ike B-mac and draft pick ... In order ... (if we went first round, Aquib Talib or Leodis Mckelvin (sp?) ... and in the second B. Flowers or Cason)
I just hope we see more of timmons this year and do you think townsend could really handle the safety spot.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 AM   #17
Elvis
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
But don't worry if he gets hurt again. As all the journalists and pundits keep saying we have lots of "depth" on the team. We just resigned Kirschke didnt we...

Most on this board keep pimping their favorite WR, CB, RB in round 1, but the fact is we need help on the D-line and the sad part is....its in better shape than the O-line.
Gonzo, this is kind of a normal thing, but I agree with ya once more my friend. Now, I dont know so much all the depth on the D line that they are talking about either. I think that the Steelers could go in atleast 3 different directions in this upcoming draft. They could go Olineman or Dlineman or DB. But I honestly think if there is a top OT like Williams or Cherilous there at 23 then we must take'em. But if there is not and there is a Kentwan Balmer DT there why not take him? I think that he might be a perfect fit to play opposite Smith and then when Hamptons' time is finished move him to his natural position unless we find someone to take that spot somewhere else.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #18
Boomerang
Bench Warmer
 
Boomerang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South ,Australia
Posts: 355
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Will be good to have Smith in there again and hope he is 100% for the start of the campaign.
__________________

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,452
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 409
Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,298 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Gonzo, this is kind of a normal thing, but I agree with ya once more my friend. Now, I dont know so much all the depth on the D line that they are talking about either. I think that the Steelers could go in atleast 3 different directions in this upcoming draft. They could go Olineman or Dlineman or DB. But I honestly think if there is a top OT like Williams or Cherilous there at 23 then we must take'em. But if there is not and there is a Kentwan Balmer DT there why not take him? I think that he might be a perfect fit to play opposite Smith and then when Hamptons' time is finished move him to his natural position unless we find someone to take that spot somewhere else.
Yes, I think we should go O line, but if there is nothing of value there take the best D-lineman. I really dont see the need of drafting a Corner in the first round since I think we have 3 decent ones currently.

The league is littered with average corners that hang around the league for a long time and can perform well on a team with a decent pass rush. Look at Randall Gay, RW McQuarters, Hank Poteat, Jason David, etc. Put a decent D line in front of those guys and they can play.

I just laugh at some guys with a blog that write "the Steelers have depth and the luxury of drafting many ways this year" just because Tomlin threw the media a bone and said we can go any way but QB or TE in the first round He really means "we need help on both lines and thats what we are gonna draft....but here is a smoke screen for ya"
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 AM   #20
Elvis
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Smith should be healthy for Steelers training camp

Agreed, but if there is a top notch DB there like Cromartie I think that the Steelers must swipe him up and get the O and D lines some help in the next few picks. I like Tomlin and what he says most of the time, because no one knows what the young man is thinking until it already happens. If the Steelers luck up and get Justin Hartwig the Center from the Panthers that will fix one big trouble spot and that means Mahan moves to OG or whatever. I would love to see the Hartwig signing myself
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts