Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-12-2005, 11:44 PM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: nba playoff predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
The Cavs may not be ready to win it all just yet, but they are getting close. Hell, last year Z couldn't guard a chair, and all of a suden the whole team is playing defense.
they playing d cause mike brown learned from to very good coaches in pop and carilse or however it's spelled.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:53 PM   #12
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
The Cavs may not be ready to win it all just yet, but they are getting close. Hell, last year Z couldn't guard a chair, and all of a suden the whole team is playing defense.
They're not that close. They gotta toughen up their D before they think they can take a 7 game series against the Pistons, Pacers, or Heat. Not to mention, the Spurs would probably ***** slap them in the Finals.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Two thoughts on the NBA post-season: First, if the Bulls aren't on your list you're clueless -- they just wrapped up their best November since 1997; Second, LeBron NEEDS to get his team to the playoffs or else he's gonna start looking like Dominique Wilkens...all sizzle, no steak.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The nice thing about basketball, it's a lot more like baseball than football. What may go in November means next to nothing in the Spring.

As far as James goes, it's great that people are already asking if he'll be able to produce championships, which is the equivalent of marginalizing his talent. He is already one of the top 5 players in the game, and the dude can't even drink a beer legally for another month! Hell, he'd be a Jr. in College this year.

I'll stick with my prediction: The Cavs will be there when it counts. Larry Hughes will make the difference this year. Maybe not all the way, but a year or two out...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #15
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Hey Suit, I'm a Bron-Bron fan. I love the guy's upside and his youth makes what he's doing against grown men even more impressive.

As for the under-21 thing, the Cavs drafted him and given the amount of minutes he's played since the beginning of his career, they figured he was NBA ready. Now his team needs to get in to the playoffs. Missing three straight seasons would be a black mark, regardless of how young James is.

As for what happens in November, as a Bulls fan I get that. Last season, Chicago started out 0-9 and still made it to the playoffs before squandering a 2-0 series lead over Washington. Hopefully the loss taught the Bulls a little more about what it takes to win, especially in the post-season.

Learning by doing is just one reason why I think it's so important for the Cavs to start getting in to the playoffs. Teams usually have to fail for a couple of seasons before they can start earning real post-season success. The sooner the Cavs start, the sooner LeBron gets a ring.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #16
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Again it looks like the Pistons are being underestimated. They're better this year than last and all they did was change head coaches. What does that tell you?

They're playing like they want home court in the finals.

And Walker and Williams make the Heat worse.

The Spurs should've gotten help for Duncan and didn't. That was a mistake.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #17
SalukiSteelers
Starter

There's no way that this Bulls fan is underestimating the Pistons. In fact, if the Bulls can't win it all this season I'm pulling for the Pistons. Kind of.

Basically, I would root for them just because I always thought that Larry Brown inherited a ready-made championship team and put them over the top. Plus, I like Flip and I thought he got a raw deal in Minnesota. KG should have ended that mess on his own, last season, instead of clamming up and letting two bad guys implode the 'Wolves chances.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The Cavs will make the playoffs this year without a doubt. What the true story will be is how far towards developing team chemistry are they? They have 3 All-Star caliber players now, and all that's missing is the glue to hold them all together. If they start to gel around mid-season, every team in the NBA should beware...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:24 PM   #19
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers
There's no way that this Bulls fan is underestimating the Pistons. In fact, if the Bulls can't win it all this season I'm pulling for the Pistons. Kind of.

Basically, I would root for them just because I always thought that Larry Brown inherited a ready-made championship team and put them over the top. Plus, I like Flip and I thought he got a raw deal in Minnesota. KG should have ended that mess on his own, last season, instead of clamming up and letting two bad guys implode the 'Wolves chances.
Joe Dumars was the only one in Detroit that wanted Brown. And he wasn't the difference that brought the ring, Rasheed was. Brown is a gypsy.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #20
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers
Two thoughts on the NBA post-season: First, if the Bulls aren't on your list you're clueless -- they just wrapped up their best November since 1997; Second, LeBron NEEDS to get his team to the playoffs or else he's gonna start looking like Dominique Wilkens...all sizzle, no steak.

you were saying about the bulls?????? they under .500 now. and it so happens bron bron put them under .500 today
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote