Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Story of my life........

We are looking at a 2007 demo Hyundai Santa Fe (black) . I have a black '04 Santa Fe that is getting a new transmission under warranty as we speak (we bought it used so the $60,000 mile warranty is almost up). It's cheaper for them to replace it than fix it. But in 10,000 miles, the warranty even on the new one expires. Love my vehicle............but not having the warranty bothers me.

We can get into this new one with a full 100,000 warranty (and it's still black.....yeah!) for under 30 bucks a month more. Hubby was all excited because it has satellite radio! Yeah.......sports coverage!!!!!

So..............I look it up (it has XM) and NO NFL COVERAGE. That's only available on Sirius!!!!!!!

I will be giving up my 4 wheel drive and everyone keeps telling me I'll never miss it with the front wheel drive electronic stability control. It makes perfect sense to do this deal........it drives like a dream, has a sunroof and heated seats like my old one. And we start over with the best warranty available. But I just loved my 4 wheel drive.............I drive 60 miles a day and when the roads are crappy, it was great! I hate compromising!

Sigh............why couldn't it have the Serius radio......................

But it's black and will look great with my BLITZBG license plate!

FYI..............XM is the exclusive radio staion for the NHL. Not the NFL.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Story of my life........

you can always buy a sirius radio to put in your car.. that is what i did... not sure if you want to extra 12.00 a month bill for it though.. just a thought.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

I wouldn't have been interested in buying one at all. It comes installed with the XM radio/cd player. We may have them switch it out for the multidisc player.

Last edited by stillers4me; 03-15-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
steelymcmatt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8255

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
We are looking at a 2007 demo Hyundai Santa Fe (black) . I have a black '04 Santa Fe that is getting a new transmission under warranty as we speak (we bought it used so the $60,000 mile warranty is almost up). It's cheaper for them to replace it than fix it. But in 10,000 miles, the warranty even on the new one expires. Love my vehicle............but not having the warranty bothers me.

We can get into this new one with a full 100,000 warranty (and it's still black.....yeah!) for under 30 bucks a month more. Hubby was all excited because it has satellite radio! Yeah.......sports coverage!!!!!

So..............I look it up (it has XM) and NO NFL COVERAGE. That's only available on Sirius!!!!!!!

I will be giving up my 4 wheel drive and everyone keeps telling me I'll never miss it with the front wheel drive electronic stability control. It makes perfect sense to do this deal........it drives like a dream, has a sunroof and heated seats like my old one. And we start over with the best warranty available. But I just loved my 4 wheel drive.............I drive 60 miles a day and when the roads are crappy, it was great! I hate compromising!

Sigh............why couldn't it have the Serius radio......................

But it's black and will look great with my BLITZBG license plate!

FYI..............XM is the exclusive radio staion for the NHL. Not the NFL.

I believe you can purchase equipment to convert from XM to Sirius. Not sure how it works, but may be worth checking it out.....
steelymcmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelymcmatt View Post
I believe you can purchase equipment to convert from XM to Sirius. Not sure how it works, but may be worth checking it out.....
Will do! Thanks for the info!

I am pressured (by hubby) to make a quick decision about this. If we sign papers this weekend, we won't have a car payment this month. And that will pay for our trip to Pa. next weekend.

We should be tradding for a Honda civic..........but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Hubby is 6' 6'' and this one has more leg and head room than our old one for him. Damn gas prices.

Last edited by stillers4me; 03-15-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Do a quick search...I think that xm and Sirius are planning on merging.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Do a quick search...I think that xm and Sirius are planning on merging.
I have seen that on several articles. Russ is waiting on a call back from the dealership. If we can convert or it looks like the merger is seriously being considered, we'll keep it. It only has a single disc cd player so a multidisc with Serius would be perfect if they can swap it out. (Russ used to work for this dealership so we get good deals and service). We get 3 months free satellite service and then we can activiate it at a later time.

I really wish I could get a Pittsburgh station to listen to on Monday mornings going to work. I'd rather listen to Steelers talk than everybody bitching about the Bungles!

(but that has a bright side, too!)
Old 03-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

All the articles I found about a merger a over a year old.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
polamalu82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8234

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I have seen that on several articles. Russ is waiting on a call back from the dealership. If we can convert or it looks like the merger is seriously being considered, we'll keep it. It only has a single disc cd player so a multidisc with Serius would be perfect if they can swap it out. (Russ used to work for this dealership so we get good deals and service). We get 3 months free satellite service and then we can activiate it at a later time.

I really wish I could get a Pittsburgh station to listen to on Monday mornings going to work. I'd rather listen to Steelers talk than everybody bitching about the Bungles!

(but that has a bright side, too!)
Only 3 months? I had XM when I bought my 98 Jeep. XM sucks for more reasons than just the lack of NFL stations. I switched over and couldn't be happier. I gotta have the Stern.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #10
stillers4me
Living Legend

yeah......I am looking at the "window sticker" from the vehicle right now. It says free activation and 3 months service.

Still waiting on the dealership to call back. I don't care about Howard Stern. I'm in my car 40 minutes in the morning and 40 minutes going home. But I believe you can access from your computer if you subscribe. We really would like the NFL coverage and abit of talk radio and good music for our 5 hour trips to Pa.

Cinci radio stations suck. The only good one went off the air Jan. 1. I lost alot of good national talk shows and at least I could listen to Andy Furman bitch about the Bengals every night on my way home. I never, ever listen to fm music stations anymore because there are way too many commercials. So I either put in a couple of cd's or turn it off and make my grocery list in my head.