Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,645 Posts
Default WMD... where are they? Saddams "Confessions"

instead of further hijacking another thread, i realized this topic is as worthy of its own as any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I am just not inclined to believe the words of that rat bastard as gospel, But that is just me.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3749494.shtml
Quote:
For a man who drew America into two wars and countless military engagements, we never knew what Saddam Hussein was thinking. But you are going to hear more than has ever been revealed before.

After his capture, Saddam met every day with one man, an American he knew as "Mr. George." George is FBI agent George Piro, who was the front man for a team of FBI and CIA analysts who were trying to answer some of the great mysteries of recent history. What happened to the weapons of mass destruction? Was Saddam in league with al Qaeda? Why did he choose war with the United States?
Quote:
Piro says no coercive interrogation techniques, like sleep deprivation, heat, cold, loud noises, or water boarding were ever used. "It's against FBI policy, first. And wouldn't have really benefited us with someone like Saddam," Piro says.

Why not?

"I think Saddam clearly had demonstrated over his legacy that he would not respond to threats, to any type of fear-based approach," Piro explains.

"So how do you crack a guy like that?" Pelley asks.

"Time," Piro says.
and through time, piro did get saddam to crack and open up. but some believe that since he was such a horrible person, he is incapable of telling the truth. if i accept that, then i must accept that these are lies:

Quote:
We were talking about what led to the invasion of Kuwait. What led him to want to invade Kuwait," Piro says.

That invasion was in 1990. Back then, Saddam accused Kuwait of wrecking Iraq’s economy by stealing oil and demanding repayment of loans. But Piro learned, for the first time, that the brutal invasion was triggered by personal insult.

And the Emir told the foreign minister of Iraq that he would not stop doing what he was doing until he turned every Iraqi woman into a $10 prostitute. And that really sealed it for him, to invade Kuwait. He wanted to punish, he told me, Emir Al Sabah, for saying that,"Piro explains.
Quote:
The U.S. ejected Saddam from Kuwait, leaving the dictator with no love lost for the Bush family. "He didn't like President [George W.] Bush. He would have liked meeting President Reagan. He thought he was a great leader. Honorable man. He liked President Clinton. But he did not like President Bush, the first or the current," Piro says
Quote:
First, how could U.S. forces have missed him when he was the chief target of 50 air strikes in the shock and awe campaign?

"He said that he was at one of the locations. He said it in a kind of a bragging fashion, that he was there, but that we missed him," Piro says. "He told me he changed the way he traveled. He got rid of his normal vehicles. He got rid of the protective detail he traveled with. Really just to change his signature so he would be much harder to identify."
i never believed in all the supposed "body doubles" they showed on tv. i could tell it was saddam-

Quote:
There had been so much intelligence analysis of suspicious video, the man in the river and the man in the glasses.

"I asked him if he had used body doubles and he said no. And never had been any body doubles," Piro says.

"That was an urban legend?" Pelley asks.

"Yes. That's what he claimed. And I pressed him on it and he said that, really there weren't anybody that could play him. No one could fit the role of being Saddam's double," Piro says.
Quote:
He told me that I knew him better than his own sons. Because I actually spent more time with him, than his own sons had as adults," Piro explains.
makes sense to me.

Quote:
"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
tony hipchest

Default Re: WMD... where are they? Saddams "Confessions"

Quote:
Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

"Absolutely," Piro says.
Quote:
"As the U.S. marched toward war and we began massing troops on his border, why didn't he stop it then? And say, 'Look, I have no weapons of mass destruction.' I mean, how could he have wanted his country to be invaded?" Pelley asks.

"He didn't. But he told me he initially miscalculated President Bush. And President Bush's intentions. He thought the United States would retaliate with the same type of attack as we did in 1998 under Operation Desert Fox. Which was a four-day aerial attack. So you expected that initially," Piro says.

Piro says Saddam expected some kind of an air campaign and that he could he survive that. "He survived that once. And then he was willing to accept that type of attack. That type of damage," he says.
Quote:
did he actually believe that his armies could win?" Pelley asks.

"No," Piro says. "What he had asked of his military leaders and senior government officials was to give him two weeks. And at that point it would go into what he called the secret war."
Quote:
Piro asked Saddam about his son Uday, a notorious rapist and murderer. He pressed him until Saddam didn?t want to hear anymore. "He tells me to stop. Basically stop asking these questions. You don't get to pick your kids. You're kind of stuck with what you get," Piro recalls.
Quote:
What was Saddam's opinion of Osama Bin Laden?

"He considered him to be a fanatic. And as such was very wary of him. He told me, 'You can't really trust fanatics,'" Piro says.

"Didn't think of Bin Laden as an ally in his effort against the United States in this war against the United States?" Pelley asks.

"No. No. He didn't wanna be seen with Bin Laden. And didn't want to associate with Bin Laden," Piro explains.

Piro says Saddam thought that Bin Laden was a threat to him and his regime.
Quote:
"He couldn't understand why we would re-elect our president every four years.
Quote:
he was relying on movies to get an insight into the American culture,"
so i guess all this intelligence is lies along with saddam admitting that it was he who personally gave the orders to gas the Kurds because it was "neccessary".
Old 03-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
tony hipchest

anyways, the CIA and FBI seem pretty content with what they were told. so why do people keep make believing that the WMD are still out there?

Quote:
Piro's interrogation of Saddam Hussein gets strong praise from Charles Duelfer, the former weapons inspector who headed the Iraq Survey Group.

Piro’s boss at the Washington field office of the FBI is also highly complimentary.

"The FBI will be celebrating its 100th anniversary this year and I would have to say that the interview with Saddam Hussein is one of the top accomplishments of our agency in the last 100 years," FBI Assistant Director Joe Persichini, who is Piro's boss.

It is an accomplishment made possible by Piro’s language skills, Persichini says, noting that out of 10,000 FBI agents, only about 50 speak Arabic. "We’re out recruiting aggressively in our Middle Eastern communities I think it's very important that we mirror the demographics of society today in the war on terror its imperative that we’re out recruiting and hiring Arabic speaking agents and linguists," he explains.

For his part, Piro credits the team of analysts from the FBI and CIA who helped support his work, providing him with information on a daily basis that allowed him to have extensive knowledge about Saddam. Being a subject matter expert was crucial, says Piro.

"The more you know about your subject, the better of an interview …that you're gonna conduct. You'll be able to recognize inconsistencies, deception, things like that. Plus it really establishes your credibility within the interview," he says.
i guess this is a lie too then, after all, how can we believe what a psychopath says?-
Quote:
In fact, Piro says Saddam intended to produce weapons of mass destruction again, some day. "The folks that he needed to reconstitute his program are still there," Piro says.

"And that was his intention?" Pelley asks.

"Yes," Piro says.

"What weapons of mass destruction did he intend to pursue again once he had the opportunity?" Pelley asks.

"He wanted to pursue all of WMD. So he wanted to reconstitute his entire WMD program," says Piro.

"Chemical, biological, even nuclear," Pelley asks.

"Yes," Piro says.
again, if the WMD are out there, why all these lies, and why is our current administration and FBI/CIA doing nothing to get them?

because they know what i do. theres really nothing to find. not only did the ruse fool iran, but it fooled the US and most of the world too. the fault doesnt lie with going to war. the fault lies in continuing to perpetuate these non truths.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
polamalu82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8234

I always knew that G.Bush Jr. had a personal vendetta against Saddam. Seems like all the supposed "conspiracy theories" have some levity. All this started after 9-11. Take on the terrorist with "weapons of mass destruction" and those who wanted to do harm on America. Some of my friends have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. The things they've told me about what goes on over there is crazy.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I've said from day one that there are 3 choices for what happened to the WMD.

1. They didn't have it and Saddam lied about it.

2. His scientists and military lied about it to him for fear of retaliation.

3. It was removed and sent to Iran/Syria. (sure this sounds strange. But Iran also allowed Iraq to fy its airforce to Iran during the gulf war. There is a LOT of duplicity in middle east politics. Duplicity that puts American and European politics to shame.

So according to Saddam, number 1 is correct. Well. Too bad for him. Seems he misread us and the president.
_____________________________________-

What ticks me off about the entire thing, is that this war should have had NOTHING TO DO WITH WMD.

In fact. It should have had everything to do with the simple fact that the cease fire agreements were violated (by mulitiple actions of Saddam) and open warfare was the result. It was up to us as to WHEN we restarted it.

Do I have a problem with us going into Iraq? Absolutely not. He harbored terrorists (Abu Nidal for one), he helped cause instability in the mid east (two wars and paying for suicide bombers-supporting thier families thereafter in Palestine and ISrael), and flaunted all rules set for him.

Good riddance.

The war needed to happen. BUshs' fault is not the war, but the reasons he sited for the war. That was a simple political mistake that has come back to bite him.

One last question, why is it that Saddam gave an order to launch WMD during the war? Also why is it that he had THOUSANDS of chem suits stockpiled? Something doesn't measure up.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Russia Moved Iraqi WMD
Charles R. Smith
Thursday, March 3, 2005

Moscow Moved Weapons to Syria and Lebanon
According to a former top Bush administration official, Russian special forces teams moved weapons of mass destruction out of Iraq to Syria.

"I am absolutely sure that Russian Spetsnatz units moved WMD out of Iraq before the war," stated John Shaw, the former deputy undersecretary for international technology security.

According to Shaw, Russian units hid Saddam's arsenal inside Syria and in Lebanon's Bekka valley.

"While in Iraq I uncovered detailed information that Spetsnatz units shredded records and moved all WMD and specified advanced munitions out of Iraq to Syria and Lebanon," stated Shaw during an exclusive interview.

"I received information from several sources naming the exact Russian units, what they took and where they took both WMD materials and conventional explosives. Moscow made a 2001 agreement with Saddam Hussein to clear up all Russian involvement in WMD systems in Iraq," stated Shaw.

Shaw's assertions match the information provided by U.S. military forces that satellite surveillance showed extensive large-vehicle traffic crossing the Syrian border prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...2/230625.shtml

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I believe, have always believed and will always believe that the WMD's are hidden in Syria. That evil SOB repeatedly violated sixteen United Nations Security Council Resolutions which bought him a helluva lot of time (9 years) to transport them under the radar.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I believe, have always believed and will always believe that the WMD's are hidden in Syria. That evil SOB repeatedly violated sixteen United Nations Security Council Resolutions which bought him a helluva lot of time (9 years) to transport them under the radar.
I have had my own curiosity with this. Looks like we Republicans weren't crazy now were we?

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I have had my own curiosity with this. Looks like we Republicans weren't crazy now were we?
Ask any liberal - we're "delusional".

When those WMD's are found - and they will be someday - I'm never going to let any of my lib friends forget it.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

In Bradys ass

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote