Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #21
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,288 Times in 470 Posts
Default Re: Breaking News - Cedric Wilson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
So i guess I should toot my horn like a bunch of people do on this site for never being arrested...lol
Yeah, you didn't come here looking to start anything.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #22
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Dan - c'mon, please stop. You're better than this!!!

I posted this because it was breaking news here in Pittsburgh and I felt that most Steelers fans would want to know. Nothing more.

P.S. I'm proud to say I've never been arrested either, so . . .

TOOT!

Thats fine and I'm glad it was posted since it will be a general interest to Steelers fans...But I just gave my opinion on the matter....which I'm entitled to.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 PM   #23
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

cut him and free up some cap room
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Here's the story thus far. If these charges hold up, I hold the same disdain for him as I do for any other man who hits a woman (unless their lives are in danger):

Steelers' Wilson arrested for hitting former girlfriend
By Michael Hasch

TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_558180.html

Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson was arrested tonight after being accused of hitting his former girlfriend at a Wexford restaurant.

Wilson struck Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Fawn, in a domestic dispute at Patron's Mexican Grill on Perry Highway in Pine, said Paulat's attorney, Michael DeRiso.

Allegheny County emergency officials confirmed that Northern Regional Police were called to the restaurant about 8 p.m. for a domestic incident. The victim did not need to be taken to the hospital, they said.

Wilson, 29, was taken to Night Court and was awaiting arraignment on charges of simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct, a court official said. The charges against him were not available.

An argument between the couple on Jan. 19 sparked a 12-hour standoff between police and Paulat at Wilson's home in Pine.

Paulat, who is the mother of the couple's 1-year-old daughter, Amya, is awaiting a hearing on charges that she fired a gun inside the home after Wilson left. Neither Amya nor Wilson's 12-year-old son from a previous relationship were home at the time.

Wilson then filed for a protection-from-abuse order against Paulat, but agreed to withdraw it after the two consented to a no-contact order and shared custody of Amya.

It was not clear last night why the two were inside the restaurant at the same time.

Steelers spokesman David Lockett said the team was still trying to get information about the incident.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #25
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yeah, you didn't come here looking to start anything.
I just made a comment....I remember a bunch of people mentioning they have never been arrested when James Harrison was arrested....So I was just waiting for that type of response again....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #26
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
cut him and free up some cap room
Now that I agree with...Wilson stinks anyway...Harrison actually contributes to the team...Cutting him would effect the Steelers win totals...Thats all I care about....is wins....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #27
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Tried and convicted? I did that how? All I said I don't care.....really if was arrested or not I don't care...It doesn't effect me at all what Cedric Wilson does in his life....Thats why I didn't care when James Harrison was arrested.....People get arrested every day....Many in my town....I don't care about that either...lol Doesn't effect me....
It should effect you as it does all other steeler fans, its the steeler image therefore your image since your a steeler fan. These are our players who are making us look bad, every day it does seem like we are begining to become like the bungles its sad that this happend again and in the past has with several of our players. This needs to be addressed asap.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #28
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
It should effect you as it does all other steeler fans, its the steeler image therefore your image since your a steeler fan. These are our players who are making us look bad, every day it does seem like we are begining to become like the bungles its sad that this happend again and in the past has with several of our players. This needs to be addressed asap.
Dude come back to the real world please......I don't live in a fantasy world....I'm a Steelers fan yes....But all I care about is wins....Its that simple....You have to remember these players are still human beings....So they're going to break the law and get in trouble like the common person....Its not like these players are God Like...Which some people think they are at times....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #29
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Dude come back to the real world please......I don't live in a fantasy world....I'm a Steelers fan yes....But all I care about is wins....Its that simple....You have to remember these players are still human beings....So they're going to break the law and get in trouble like the common person....Its not like these players are God Like...Which some people think they are at times....
Well not all I or most steeler fans care about are wins, i care about the team its self, image and many other things. If we have a crappy season yea i will be mad but if we are a good team (which has many meanings aparently for you its if we win) then thats great and i will be proud to be a steeler fan. As a steeler fan its not right to only care about wins that not what our past is and how we are. Also I would hope that normal people dont beat their wives , my dad doesnt or my uncle or my cousins or my friends dad, its not everyone ok so its not right for players to do either. Its not all players its some.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com

Last edited by BettisFan; 03-20-2008 at 12:34 AM.
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #30
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
Well not all I or most steeler fans care about are wins, i care about the team its self, image and many other things. If we have a crappy season yea i will be mad but if we are a good team (which has many meanings aparently for you its if we win) then thats great and i will be proud to be a steeler fan. To be a real fan you cant only care about wins its not right. Also I would hope that normal people dont beat their wives , my dad doesnt or my uncle or my cousins or my friends dad, its not everyone ok so its not right for players to do either. Its not all players its some.
Since I only care about wins I'm not a real fan?...lol Not this whole real fan debate again....lol Dude when the Steelers missed the play-offs in 3 straight years from 98-00....I was still a fan.....When the Steelers were upset in the 94 AFC title game by the Chargers...I still was a fan....

My point is these players are paid to play a game which is to win the game....They're not paid to be model citizens....Did I ever say it was right to hit a woman? No I didn't Its not right to lay your hand on another person period....But in the end I don't care what Ced Wilson or James Harrison does....Just like I didn't care when Jacoby Jones the Texans WR was arrested the other day...