Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,862 Times in 4,498 Posts
Default T.J. Holdoutmandzadeh

carson palmer is gonna want out of this shithole before too long...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?...o&confirm=true

Quote:
Pro Bowl receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh appears to be following teammate Chad Johnson's lead.

Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson already has stated he does not plan to attend the Bengals' voluntary offseason conditioning program that starts Monday.

But he is not going to be alone.

Cincinnati?s other Pro Bowl wide receiver, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, also is expected to skip the start of the voluntary conditioning program for some of the same reasons Johnson is not attending.

It sets up one of the stickiest situations in the NFL, an issue that threatens to hang over the team until and through training camp.

Cincinnati has two Pro Bowl wide receivers, each of whom believes he is underpaid, each of whom wants a new deal, each of whom is expected to be absent from Paul Brown Stadium for the start of Monday?s offseason drills.

Houshmandzadeh is in the final year of four-year contract that is scheduled to pay him a base salary of $2.525 million. He failed to show up to the Bengals' offseason conditioning program last season and, without a new deal before this year?s offseason conditioning program, Houshmandzadeh is not about to attend now. It is the reason he is not expected Monday or anytime shortly thereafter.

Cincinnati already has wrestled with the best way to handle the Johnson situation; it has made it known to any team that calls the team that the Bengals will not, under any circumstance, trade Johnson. They refuse to 86 "85." So now the Bengals are assured of having at least one unhappy wide receiver.

The interesting part is, will they have two? Unlike Johnson, Houshmandzadeh never has had his deal restructured in Cincinnati. Unlike Johnson, who has three years left on his contract, Houshmandzadeh has only one.

If Cincinnati spends on any Pro Bowl wide receiver, it would seem that Houshmandzadeh has next.

But Houshmandzadeh and Johnson appear to have made their decision in regard to next week and this offseason. It?s up to the Bengals to make theirs.
in tj's defense he kept his mouth shut when he was obviously playing above his contract last year. shows what a bad example chad is and how it rubs off on teammates. theres no way tj is gonna stand by quietly and watch chad whine for a new deal on a multimillion $$$ contract with 3 more years left on it.

chad made his bed but his new agent (rosenhaus) doesnt get a dime unless he secures a new deal. tj on the other hand has earned an extension.

so much for the "greatest show on grass".

let the implosion continue.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206
Default Re: T.J. Holdoutmandzadeh

ahhh bungles bungles bungles who would want to play on the bungles jeez its a shit hole

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,862 Times in 4,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
ahhh bungles bungles bungles who would want to play on the bungles jeez its a shit hole
it may be cedric wilsons last and only shot of landing with an nfl team.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,803 Posts

i don't understand why cinnci is so adamant about keeping the clown ( CJ )....if he wants traded, trade him !!!
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8074ae3a

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 9:04 am EDT

Chad Johnson wants to be a Cowboy

Chad Johnson could've climbed on the coffee table on the middle of the Best Damn Sports Show Period set Wednesday and yelled at the top of his lungs "Trade me to to Dallas!!!" And he really wouldn't have been much more clear than he was in batting his eyes in the direction of Valley Ranch according to the Dallas Morning News.

"If I end up in Dallas, I would just look at which finger I'm gonna put it on," Johnson declared. "That's it. Ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it."

Johnson said he and Terrell Owens would co-exist on the same team: "It's gonna work," Johnson said. "T.J. (Houshmandzadeh) and Chad Johnson are no different than '81' and '85' because T.J. is a No. 1 receiver. We just happen to be two No. 1 receivers on the same team at the same time. It's no different."

Source: Dallas Morning News
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,72690

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 03-20-2008 at 04:06 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
polamalu82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8234

Chad is such a crybaby. Though I can't blame him for wanting out of Shitsanatti. Still I don't see Chad going anywhere this season.
polamalu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

But I thought the Bengals were supposed to give us a run for our money in the AFC North...I thought they were "one injury" away from being the greatest team in the history of the NFL?

Seriously...it starts with the head coach. He's allowed this team to develop into a bunch of "me" guys...

And if Chad wants to go to Dallas, a team that has NOT won a playoff game since 1995, then so be it.

And TJ should come out now, and effing apologize to Steelers nation for what he did to the Terrible Towel.

Until then, we will continue to Destroy their playoff dreams, knock out their teeth and make them the laughing stock of the AFC.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

LOL. TJ is smart. He knows that if Chad leaves or isn't there he won't have all those catches anymore. Better get paid while he can.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
But I thought the Bengals were supposed to give us a run for our money in the AFC North...I thought they were "one injury" away from being the greatest team in the history of the NFL?

Seriously...it starts with the head coach. He's allowed this team to develop into a bunch of "me" guys...

And if Chad wants to go to Dallas, a team that has NOT won a playoff game since 1995, then so be it.

And TJ should come out now, and effing apologize to Steelers nation for what he did to the Terrible Towel.

Until then, we will continue to Destroy their playoff dreams, knock out their teeth and make them the laughing stock of the AFC.
Exactly. Marvin hasn't done "diddly poo," to quote Jim Mora. "Play-offs??"
Old 03-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Goodbye one or two fluky 11-5 and 10-6 playoff years, hello (again) old faithful legacy of shit 6-10 (at best) basement dwelling typical Bungal years.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

I love it. I hope that they all stay away from training camp.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote