Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509
Default Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

I am sorry. But, to any intelligent Steeler fans, Dan Rooney make a clear statement today. Good players get free passes and under perfomers don't. And in doing so, he admits to condoning violence against women-- under the right circumstances.

In order to remian honest, Rooney needs to release Harrison or bring Wilson back....or just admit that Wilson was expendible.

Rooney's reasoning for keeping Harrison and letting Wilson go are pathetic. Pathetic in that they are in the same paragraph with the idea that the Steeler organization does not condone violence, especially against women.

Today, the Steelers prove that they are no better than the other NFL teams that we as fans mock for compromising their morals and ethics to keep on thugs and criminal in the name of winning.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,061 Posts
Default Re: Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

everybody knew wilson and his $3 mil salary were expendable.

rooneys were kind enough to keep him on the roster last year. dan set an example today that the bs will not be tolerated.

you think the players union is just gonna sit by and watch a player get fired before due process?

dan knows the ins and outs of the rules better than you.

dont be disappointed. shit like this happens with unions all the time.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Default Re: Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
everybody knew wilson and his $3 mil salary were expendable.

rooneys were kind enough to keep him on the roster last year. dan set an example today that the bs will not be tolerated.

you think the players union is just gonna sit by and watch a player get fired before due process?

dan knows the ins and outs of the rules better than you.

dont be disappointed. shit like this happens with unions all the time.
I fully understand the reasoning and the Godsend out that Wilson's actions provided the Steelers, but to cite some fake Steeler stance against violence and violence toward women in the media is a serious blow to Rooney's integrity.

We, as fans, pretend we have a team that is above this kind of thug coddling....and we clearly aren't.

Am I happy we still have Harrison and now have open cap and space for a better receiver? Sure.

Has Dan Rooney's reputation and the reputation of the Steeler's as an oganization taken a hit in my book? Sure has.

Like I said, I am disappointed in him as a man and the Steeelrs as an oganization....we deserve better for all we do to back these people. He should be ashamed of his words in the press. He should have just said "no comment" it would have been far better than the load of bullshit he is trying to peddle.

And, for his public condoning of Harrison's violence against a woman, the NFL should make him take some sensitivity training.

ANd no, this isn't the end of the world or something that should consume anyone, just an opinion.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,316 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

I think he could've explained it better, but I agree with it. If Harrison has another issue, he may get the boot too.

So, does WIllie Reid fill the role at #4 or do we bring in a replacement. I think we bring in a WR or 2 regardless, but I wonder if Willie can beat anyone out for the job.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Cherinko
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5744

Just win.
Cherinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinko View Post
Just win.

Ok. Just win. Fine. So when do Steeelr fans quit pretending this team and this organization is above others?

When do we stop making fun of Cincy for thier criminal team? I mean they are just trying to win, right?

I am guessing you either aren;t too bright of a person or you might be a dishoinest person yourself. Just a guess.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
Cherinko
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5744

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
Ok. Just win. Fine. So when do Steeelr fans quit pretending this team and this organization is above others?

When do we stop making fun of Cincy for thier criminal team? I mean they are just trying to win, right?

I am guessing you either aren;t too bright of a person or you might be a dishoinest person yourself. Just a guess.
I've never put the Steelers over any other teams in terms of morals. The NFL is a business. Team owners are business men and their main goal is to have their teams win. You're fooling yourself if you think we'd cut a pro bowl player for off the field issues.
Cherinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

haha we arent better than other team in management come on no ones gunna cut their Osi , or James Harrison, or Shawn Merriman for off field stuff its not gunna happen

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #9
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinko View Post
I've never put the Steelers over any other teams in terms of morals. The NFL is a business. Team owners are business men and their main goal is to have their teams win. You're fooling yourself if you think we'd cut a pro bowl player for off the field issues.
You are missing my point. I don't expect us to cut a Pro bowl player over an off feild issue.

What I do expect is honestly and an owner and a team that doesn't think the fan base are a bunch of morons when he/they lies to the public about some bullshit like the Steeler's don'tc ondone violence and violence toward women. Becasue it obvious to eveyone that they most certainly condone it and let it go unpunished depending on the circumstances.

What I expect is an organization that is smart enough to realize that a Pro bolw player had an almost identical off feild issue that I am claiming is the reason to fire another player.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

I admit it could be seen as wrong but the cutting of wilson wasnt wrong cuse that was gunna happen any way but What Rooney said was he should have said we cut him due to his in game performance.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote