Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509
Default Re: Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
I admit it could be seen as wrong but the cutting of wilson wasnt wrong cuse that was gunna happen any way but What Rooney said was he should have said we cut him due to his in game performance.

Agreed.

Violence against women is not a trivial issue, Roony's condoning of it in Harrison's case is not exusable.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #12
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
Agreed.

Violence against women is not a trivial issue, Roony's condoning of it in Harrison's case is not exusable.
He still has to go trial though. Wilson didn't produce as much as Harrison, so he's out.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #13
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I don't believe Dan Rooney was condoning Harrison's actions. He just takes each situation case by case and considers the extenuating circumstances. Perhaps he knows these guys history and their character a little better than we do, hmmmmmmmm?????

And don't expect James Harrison to get a pass with another incident.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #14
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
He still has to go trial though. Wilson didn't produce as much as Harrison, so he's out.
So, by your logic.......Ike Taylor better not jaywak but Willie Parker should be allowed to lure kids in a van with candy?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #15
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I don't believe Dan Rooney was condoning Harrison's actions. He just takes each situation case by case and considers the extenuating circumstances. Perhaps he knows these guys history and their character a little better than we do, hmmmmmmmm?????

And don't expect James Harrison to get a pass with another incident.

Well, what he said was the Steelers don't condone violence against women, excpet of course if that women is trying to keep you from going to a baptism, then you can kick the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter out of her if you want.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #16
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

hhhhhhmmmmmm
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Pro bowl player had an almost identical off feild issue that I am claiming is the reason to fire another player.

James Harrison simply slapped a woman.

Cedrick Wilson punched a woman twice upside her head in a public restaurant in front of other people.

Not defending either action, but to call them identical is crap.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,515 Times in 3,749 Posts

Dan Rooney apparently uses this statement this evening in an attempt to comply with the first rule of holes - when you are in one quit digging

When Rooney was asked by reporters yesterday morning why Wilson was released immediately and Harrison kept on the team, he said the cases were different.

"I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept," Rooney said. "The circumstances -- I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don't condone these things, we don't, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they're not all the same."

In Harrison's case, Rooney said the player was trying to take his son to be baptized.

"What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it," Rooney said of Harrison's initial intent with his son. "He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn't want to do it."

But that was then and this is now

To clarify the comments made earlier regarding the conduct of our players, in no way do we condone domestic violence of any kind," the statement read. "Each incident must be considered on a case-by-case basis.

"In the situation with James Harrison, he contacted us immediately after his incident and has taken responsibility for his actions.

"In today's decision with Cedrick Wilson, we determined the situation was severe enough to warrant the player being released immediately.

"We trust that today's roster move will indicate our intentions and send a message that we will not tolerate this type of conduct."

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08080/866662-66.stm

May be time for AJR II to make the public statements and dog track time for Dan
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Pro bowl player had an almost identical off feild issue that I am claiming is the reason to fire another player.

James Harrison simply slapped a woman.

Cedrick Wilson punched a woman twice upside her head in a public restaurant in front of other people.

Not defending either action, but to call them identical is crap.

Same offense...striking a women.

plus, I'd wager that Harrison's slap is harder than Wilson's best punch.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
So, by your logic.......Ike Taylor better not jaywak but Willie Parker should be allowed to lure kids in a van with candy?
But Ike Taylor didn't jaywalk and Willie Parker didn't lure kids in a van with candy.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote