Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #21
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

I understand what he was trying to say, even if it came across different than what he meant...........sort of........... I guess.

I also take into consideration that I'm reading what he said verses hearing the whole conversation myself. Not that I would accuse a media source of editing and twisting someones words......................

We all know that Ben came right out and said that his receivers were crap because they weren't tall enough and Anthony Smith walked up to a reporter and outright guaranteed a victory over the Pats..........you know, just out of the blue.

And I still think Harrison will be cut if he has another incident.
(And did Mr. Rooney really call him Jimmy??????? )

Last edited by stillers4me; 03-20-2008 at 07:38 PM.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #22
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206
Default Re: Terribly disappointed in Dan Rooney and the Steeler organization today.

James is gunna beat him now

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I guarantee that Rooney sat done with James Harrison and let him know in no uncertain terms that if he does anything like it again, he's gone.

There is a difference between an open handed slap and 2 closed fisted punches to the face.

I don't condone either one, but there is definitely a difference.

I'm ok with Wilson being cut. I liked him as a player. He was decent at his position. We're not going to miss him much though.

EDIT:: The Steelers have a history of looking at each individual case and all the circumstances around it. They can be very forgiving for things.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #24
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,092 Times in 2,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
The Steelers have a history of looking at each individual case and all the circumstances around it. They can be very forgiving for things.
Such as who went to the Pro Bowl and who was an overpriced #4 WR
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #25
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
I admit it could be seen as wrong but the cutting of wilson wasnt wrong cuse that was gunna happen any way but What Rooney said was he should have said we cut him due to his in game performance.

Agreed....he must think we are a bunch of morons.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #26
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
I guarantee that Rooney sat done with James Harrison and let him know in no uncertain terms that if he does anything like it again, he's gone.

There is a difference between an open handed slap and 2 closed fisted punches to the face.

I don't condone either one, but there is definitely a difference.

I'm ok with Wilson being cut. I liked him as a player. He was decent at his position. We're not going to miss him much though.

EDIT:: The Steelers have a history of looking at each individual case and all the circumstances around it. They can be very forgiving for things.
Thank you.

Even if Harrison had been cut, I am absolutely sure that within a year (or less), they would have someone to replace him, and we would have a hard time remembering the name James Harrison.

The Rooneys are forgiving...........but they won't forget. But there's something abut James Harrison that makes me think that this will be the one and only incident. I would be very surprised to see his name in the headlines for anything other than smashmouth football. (pun intended)
Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #27
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

This is the NFL, not the glee club. If fans think the Steelers are exempt from poor conduct from players then they have blinders on. Like I stated in a post a few weeks ago, a lot of pro athletes would be in prison or the street if it werent for sports. You know the saying you can take the person out of the ghetto but not the ghetto out of the person. It is true. Harrison made a mistake. He didn't kill anyone or even injure anyone. He committed a misdemeanor. We will see if the woman leaves him.I will bet she stays. What does that say. I am in no way condoning what these guys do whether it be dui's, killing dogs, slapping woman, or drugs, but to think the Steelers are exempt is naive and ignorant. Receivers like Wilson are a dime a dozen. I am so tired of the arm chair owners on this site. Wilson has not done anything to warrant him keeping a job.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #28
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Agreed....he must think we are a bunch of morons.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #29
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Double standards exist every where. Looks at the NHL with the recent Chris Pronger 8 game suspension for stomping. Chris Simon did the same and got 30 games because he is a goon.

Wilson was going to be cut anyways.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #30
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

The severity of each case is the difference. It's like the difference between being caught speeding and leading the police on a high speed chase.

Harrison knows he's gonna lose his meal ticket in Pittsburgh with another "ticket". Wilson did not pass "Go". He went straight to jail.

I don't need or want this off-season drama.