Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Petesburgh66
Team Captain
 
Petesburgh66's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oshawa, ON
Posts: 715
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1988
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Quote:
Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dan Rooney Statement Regarding His Comments About Player Conduct

To clarify the comments made earlier regarding the conduct of our players, in no way do we condone domestic violence of any kind. Each incident must be considered on a case-by-case basis.

In the situation with James Harrison, he contacted us immediately after his incident and has taken responsibility for his actions.

In today’s decision with Cedrick Wilson, we determined the situation was severe enough to warrant the player being released immediately.

We trust that today’s roster move will indicate our intentions and send a message that we will not tolerate this type of conduct.
http://news.steelers.com/article/87807/

Hopefully, the message is loud and clear to the rest. Enough of this crap.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
TheWarDen86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,297
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 751
Thanked 1,345 Times in 617 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Good enough for me.
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
TheWarDen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter
 
klick81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,683
Member Number: 1396
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Alright...let's move on. I can't wait for the season to start.
__________________
Ward, after being fined by Goodell on a play that was not penalized:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
Hapa
Banned
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 971
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
Alright...let's move on. I can't wait for the season to start.
Same here man. Hate this drama,
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:38 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 64,232
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 802
Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,105 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Well said thanks dan.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
StinkyB
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 127
Member Number: 6509
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

It is good to see that cover-your-ass style PR fixed comments, after the fact, still have enough power to dupe the willingly duped into ignoring an issue and recategorizing it as a non-issue.

Steelers: "Hey, we condoned Harrison's actions but we then said we didn't and pretended it was different...so please believe us"

Steelers Nation: "Baaaahhhhh, whatever you say Dan, bbbaaaahhhhhhhh."
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter
 
Crushzilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Champions
Posts: 2,954
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
It is good to see that cover-your-ass style PR fixed comments, after the fact, still have enough power to dupe the willingly duped into ignoring an issue and recategorizing it as a non-issue.

Steelers: "Hey, we condoned Harrison's actions but we then said we didn't and pretended it was different...so please believe us"

Steelers Nation: "Baaaahhhhh, whatever you say Dan, bbbaaaahhhhhhhh."
Wow, I love all inclusive statements. EVERYONE in Steelers Nation LOVES this decision. In fact, we're all going to go out and start beating our wives and our neighbor's wives.

You need to deal with it already, bud.

If you have such a problem with the way they run their business, do what Michael Keller suggested and send them a letter. You'd get a lot farther than playing message board crusader responding to all of the posts that you can handle.
__________________
Mad props to Steel-Bryan for the Bucco sig.
Crushzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Lord Stiller
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,230
Member Number: 7087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

are people gonna come here and cry about the Rooney's?
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #9
StinkyB
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 127
Member Number: 6509
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
Wow, I love all inclusive statements. EVERYONE in Steelers Nation LOVES this decision. In fact, we're all going to go out and start beating our wives and our neighbor's wives.

You need to deal with it already, bud.

If you have such a problem with the way they run their business, do what Michael Keller suggested and send them a letter. You'd get a lot farther than playing message board crusader responding to all of the posts that you can handle.
Oh, I apologize for expressing my opinion in the form of replies and comments on a message board. I'll be sure to ask you next time if I can comment on something and exactly how I should comment.

Last edited by fansince'76; 03-21-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Edited out namecalling.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter
 
Crushzilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Champions
Posts: 2,954
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
Oh, I apologize for expressing my opinion in the form of replies and comments on a message board. I'll be sure to ask you next time if I can comment on something and exactly how I should comment.
No, I'm alright with people expressing their opinions, but your argument is leading to sweeping generalizations.

Keep believing that everything in this world is black and white. Am I happy that these things aren't as easy as they should be? Nope. But the argument is turning into a long series of Non Sequitur fallacies defended with scenarios that have no bearing on the situation at hand.

I'm taking this for what it is, and your red herring sarcasm just proves that you have no interest looking at any other means of conveyance, and especially aren't interested in any other possible interpretation of the situation.

Me? Personally? I enjoy my asshat, it keeps me warm in the winter.
__________________
Mad props to Steel-Bryan for the Bucco sig.

Last edited by fansince'76; 03-21-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Edited out namecalling in quoted post.
Crushzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts