Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default Re: Dan Rooney Statement Regarding Player Conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
Oh, I apologize for expressing my opinion in the form of replies and comments on a message board. I'll be sure to ask you next time if I can comment on something and exactly how I should comment.
Hmm must be a Browns fan.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Rooney is managing for a reason he knows what hes doing

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #13
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
Rooney is managing for a reason he knows what hes doing
Profound.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Harrison issue: He goes to take his son to get baptized. The woman, who probally agreed to it at an earlier point in time, decides to change her mind at the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE. Harrison flips out and smacks her. He leaves before it gets any worse, admits that he indeed did the action, and shows remorse. This is also the first reported issue Harrison has had with domestic violence since about his high school days...and his first reported negative altercation with this woman. This also happened in a private residence with no witnesses but Harrison and the woman.

Wilson issue: There was an issue he had with this woman earlier this year. That time, he walked away and she supposedly attempted to kill herself with his gun. We don't know what caused the first incident and it looked like Wilson was the victim in it. This is a second incident involving Wilson and this woman. It appears that he entered this resturant with the intent of harming this woman. He shoves her and PUNCHES her in the face. Plus, he did this in public with a plethora of people to see it.

I would say those are some big differneces...especially since this is WIlson's second altercation with this woman and he had all the intent of hitting her.

I would say that the immediate release of Wilson was warranted. I would say that Dan Rooney has every right to treat each case individually, since each person is an individual. I would also say that if Harrison ever does anything like he did again, he would be released immediatly.

Oh yeah, and the statement by Dan Rooney is also much better than saying "the police are profiling my players, it's not the player's fault it's the environment they grew up in." Dan Rooney has come out and said it will not be condoned. He also made a bigger statment by cutting Wilson, who with this becomes a repeat problem.

The Bengals have yet to come out and say they don't condone the unlawful actions of their unruly players. They also haven't gone to the extremes of immediatly cutting the repeat offender players after their second incident (or thrid, or fourth, etc....Chris Henrry).

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #15
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Harrison issue: He goes to take his son to get baptized. The woman, who probally agreed to it at an earlier point in time, decides to change her mind at the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE. Harrison flips out and smacks her. He leaves before it gets any worse, admits that he indeed did the action, and shows remorse. This is also the first reported issue Harrison has had with domestic violence since about his high school days...and his first reported negative altercation with this woman. This also happened in a private residence with no witnesses but Harrison and the woman.
Do you make it a habit to just make up the areas of a story that you don't know?

Phew, I am glad he hit OTHER women before and not this PARTICULAR woman.

I mean, you gotta hit a boitch a few times before it counts, right?

I mean, you can't serioulsy rewrite your own versions of each case, skewing it to lend to your to meet your opinion, and then feel like other people are actually supposed to take you serioulsy? Or do you? Why don't you make it even easier, make Harrisons girl a crack addict with a box cutter in her hand.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Do you make it a habit to just make up the areas of a story that you don't know?

Phew, I am glad he hit OTHER women before and not this PARTICULAR woman.

I mean, you gotta hit a boitch a few times before it counts, right?

I mean, you can't serioulsy rewrite your own versions of each case, skewing it to lend to your to meet your opinion, and then feel like other people are actually supposed to take you serioulsy? Or do you? Why don't you make it even easier, make Harrisons girl a crack addict with a box cutter in her hand.
What did I make up? There are no reported incidents between Harrison and the mother of his son. Unless you follow Harrison around and substantiate proof that he did indeed hit her before, and that it's been reported to police...then it is safe to assume this was the first time that he has ever struck her.

The comment I made about an incident from about his High School days...he shot another teammate in the football team's locker room...which sounds like a hazing incident. He wasn't expelled from school for it, and nothing has happened that has been reported since that incident.

Seeing how there has been nothing reported since that high school incident, I would have to assume that he had kept his nose clean until this most recent incident.

You sound like a troll, which one are you...a Browns, Bengals, or Ravens fan?

Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #17
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
What did I make up? There are no reported incidents between Harrison and the mother of his son. Unless you follow Harrison around and substantiate proof that he did indeed hit her before, and that it's been reported to police...then it is safe to assume this was the first time that he has ever struck her.

The comment I made about an incident from about his High School days...he shot another teammate in the football team's locker room...which sounds like a hazing incident. He wasn't expelled from school for it, and nothing has happened that has been reported since that incident.

Seeing how there has been nothing reported since that high school incident, I would have to assume that he had kept his nose clean until this most recent incident.

You sound like a troll, which one are you...a Browns, Bengals, or Ravens fan?
What you made up was the tone of each incident. Wilson stalked like a predator....poor doe-eyed Harrison put his halo on and went to his girl's house and she changed his plans at the very last minute...mmmuuuhhhhhahahahahaha.

Both should face the same punishment.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #18
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
and some of us disagree with that and beleive that each case should be tried and decided upon individually.

The Rooney's have decided that one incident was worse than the other. They have determined with interviews I'm sure and reviews of the Police Reports that the Wilson situation was worse, and warranted immediate termination.

They also determined that Harrison could be "re-habbed" and given a 2nd chance.

I agree with the Rooney's on this assessment.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #19
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

In the real world celebrity's get away with stuff we dont, just like harrison will and ced wont get over it.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
What you made up was the tone of each incident. Wilson stalked like a predator....poor doe-eyed Harrison put his halo on and went to his girl's house and she changed his plans at the very last minute...mmmuuuhhhhhahahahahaha.

I made up the tone?

What I read:

Harrison goes to pick up his son for a baptism. Maybe you have never been involved with a baptism, but it requires planning. Therefore, the mother of the child must have known Harrison's plans prior to his coming to pick up his son. He gets there, she says it isn't happening after agreeing to it at an earlier point, and he goes off.

Wilson walked into the resturant and attacked his ex-girlfriend. The reports said that he walked in and went right up to her. Wasn't sitting at a table or ordering food to go.

Tell me, what did I make up?