Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-03-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Talking Let's get behind Batch !!!

Ben is out, Batch is in, he's had all week to practice w/ the first string offense so let's hear it and support him!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: Let's get behind Batch !!!

I agree. We have to get behind the guy. He played pretty well in the preseason. Hopefully he will do the same come Sunday. Come on Batch we need a win!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

reasons to be optomistic about batch (i know i posted this before the jaxsonville game but is just as pertinent now):

first of all ben is not replaceable, and their may only be about 5 STARTERS in the nfl that could replace what he brings to the table, let alone 2nd and 3rd stringers. but there are plenty of reasons steelers can succeed with batch or maddox.

the steelers went through this last year. rallying behind a back up qb is not unfamiliar to them.

batch has been on the team for a while and is trully a team mate. the players, and more importantly, coaches know, like , and respect him and im sure they will lay it on the line for him.

t. maddox started the final game against the bills last year and didnt play real well. however the defense and running game stepped up big for what was a huge win securing a 15-1 record.

batch will probably look like ben did as a rookie, making early mistakes and possibly throw some untimely interceptions but just as the other players picked up the slack for ben as he improved they will do the same for batch.

not to much game film on batch for the opposing defenses to study.

batch is still young for a veteran. this is when many 8 year qb's would be entering their prime.

batch is from pittsburgh, loves the city and the team and will be living out a dream. this has to give him extra incentive to do well.

j. bettis, w. parker, d. staley, excellent wr and te core. and the best d in the nfl.

hes not a complete unknown like b. st. pierre. batch has proven he can play and start in the nfl. im sure no one would rather see brian in there at this point.

we all know steelerfans can be quick to turn on a qb who doesnt perform. i hope the fans at the game next week cheer loud and often and keep the boo-birds away if he makes an early mistake. confidence will be key for him and i think the fans support will give him this. no need to shake his confidence and turn on him too quick, because at this point he is critical in going 4-1, and on.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #4
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

God I hope we win. We can't afford to fall behind Cincy who might just end up around a 10-6 or an 11-5 mark.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid LLoyd1975
God I hope we win. We can't afford to fall behind Cincy who might just end up around a 10-6 or an 11-5 mark.

Is there any doubt:)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I feel like we can win with Batch, but then again I felt the same way about Tommy prior to the Jags game.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

I'm not gonna say i'm worried about Batch, I'm excited to see him play. He looked good preseason and he loves this team. I hope he does well. Then we can finally get rid of Maddox. This game could seal Tommy's fate.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #8
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
reasons to be optomistic about batch (i know i posted this before the jaxsonville game but is just as pertinent now):

first of all ben is not replaceable, and their may only be about 5 STARTERS in the nfl that could replace what he brings to the table, let alone 2nd and 3rd stringers. but there are plenty of reasons steelers can succeed with batch or maddox.

the steelers went through this last year. rallying behind a back up qb is not unfamiliar to them.

batch has been on the team for a while and is trully a team mate. the players, and more importantly, coaches know, like , and respect him and im sure they will lay it on the line for him.

t. maddox started the final game against the bills last year and didnt play real well. however the defense and running game stepped up big for what was a huge win securing a 15-1 record.

batch will probably look like ben did as a rookie, making early mistakes and possibly throw some untimely interceptions but just as the other players picked up the slack for ben as he improved they will do the same for batch.

not to much game film on batch for the opposing defenses to study.

batch is still young for a veteran. this is when many 8 year qb's would be entering their prime.

batch is from pittsburgh, loves the city and the team and will be living out a dream. this has to give him extra incentive to do well.

j. bettis, w. parker, d. staley, excellent wr and te core. and the best d in the nfl.

hes not a complete unknown like b. st. pierre. batch has proven he can play and start in the nfl. im sure no one would rather see brian in there at this point.

we all know steelerfans can be quick to turn on a qb who doesnt perform. i hope the fans at the game next week cheer loud and often and keep the boo-birds away if he makes an early mistake. confidence will be key for him and i think the fans support will give him this. no need to shake his confidence and turn on him too quick, because at this point he is critical in going 4-1, and on.
Very true, Steeler fans do not back a qb who consistently plays poorly. let's hope Charlie does not fall into that category.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #9
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

It is good this is an away game so if he struggles early, he won't hear the boo birds. I think he will play good enough to put them in position to win this game.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #10
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

I hope you guys don't treat him and his family like you did Maddox after this week
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote