Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #41
WV-SteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2870
Default Re: Steelers don't take high road with Harrison

Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #42
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Sorry, I just figured everyone would know that already since it was the very start of the article. I was arguing with Madden, not you.
No problem
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:02 AM   #43
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think it is what it is and time to move on ced will be somewhere else next year.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 AM   #44
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
I think it is what it is and time to move on ced will be somewhere else next year.
Thankfully there are people in this country that donlt just "move on" when they see a wrong being done. "It is what it is" is a lazy persons excuse invented so one does not have to admit that their icons are tarnished or their sense of normalcy is flawed.

"It is what it is", in this case, is tantamount to covering your ears and clinching your eyes shut real tight so you don't have to be an adult and deal with the stark reality and real impact of this situation.

It is actually fear that motivates you to ignore the situation. Fear that seeing it to the end will result in you having to admit that you look up to some people that might not be such great human beings. Fear that this time around, fairness and the right thing could cost your football team a cornerstone of its defense.

"It is what it is" is your way of saying, I wish I could make this never have happeneded and i hope if I ignore it, it'll all go away.

You have a low life scumbag woman beater still hanging around your team's locker room and you accept it because you want to root for a winning football team from your Lazy-Boy chair.

\I have an ounce of respec for those that understand the situation and have some concrete reasons as to why they feel things are being handled properly. But to say "It is what it is" is downright pathetic and cowardly.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 AM   #45
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
Thankfully there are people in this country that donlt just "move on" when they see a wrong being done. "It is what it is" is a lazy persons excuse invented so one does not have to admit that their icons are tarnished or their sense of normalcy is flawed.

"It is what it is", in this case, is tantamount to covering your ears and clinching your eyes shut real tight so you don't have to be an adult and deal with the stark reality and real impact of this situation.

It is actually fear that motivates you to ignore the situation. Fear that seeing it to the end will result in you having to admit that you look up to some people that might not be such great human beings. Fear that this time around, fairness and the right thing could cost your football team a cornerstone of its defense.

"It is what it is" is your way of saying, I wish I could make this never have happeneded and i hope if I ignore it, it'll all go away.

You have a low life scumbag woman beater still hanging around your team's locker room and you accept it because you want to root for a winning football team from your Lazy-Boy chair.

\I have an ounce of respec for those that understand the situation and have some concrete reasons as to why they feel things are being handled properly. But to say "It is what it is" is downright pathetic and cowardly.
everyone is entitled to an opinion and to say that it is pathetic and cowardly is wrong it is an opinion.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #46
StinkyB
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
everyone is entitled to an opinion and to say that it is pathetic and cowardly is wrong it is an opinion.
Well, in my opinion, to support the firing of one woman beater and ask that people ignore and stop highlighting the same crimes and retention of another womam beater because he happens to be of more value to a sports team is a very pathetic and cowardly act.

To not take the owner of the team to task for publically condoning violence against women and openly depicting an organizational double standard, is equally pathetic and cowardly.

No one, to my knowledge is asking anyone to disavow the Steelers. No one is asking anyone for more than recognition of the situation.

But to ask people to move on is cowardly and pathetic.
StinkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #47
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyB View Post
Well, in my opinion, to support the firing of one woman beater and ask that people ignore and stop highlighting the same crimes and retention of another womam beater because he happens to be of more value to a sports team is a very pathetic and cowardly act.

To not take the owner of the team to task for publically condoning violence against women and openly depicting an organizational double standard, is equally pathetic and cowardly.

No one, to my knowledge is asking anyone to disavow the Steelers. No one is asking anyone for more than recognition of the situation.

But to ask people to move on is cowardly and pathetic.

Evedently you are taking my post wrong what cedric done was wrong.What I am getting at is cedric done wrong and was released by the steelers.People talk about not releasing silver back for the same thing.It is time for wilson to move on.
IT IS WHAT IT IS