Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default "Reviving" a dead TV remote

We almost spent $60 bucks to order a replacement remote for our Sony Wega HD TV (it's about 4-5 years old). The site I was going to order it from had this tip.......and it worked! I sent them a thank you e-mail and told them I would definitely remember their site when the day comes to really replace it. www.remotes.com

Dead" Remotes Can Be Saved
How to Re-Start Your "Dead" Remote Control
This only takes about a minute and will restart 1 in 3 "Dead" Original Remote Controls. Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1- Pull the batteries out of the remote and leave them out until Step 4.

Step 2- Press and release each and every button one at a time on the remote control until every button has been pressed and released at least once!

Step 3- If your remote has slide switches, you must move the switch to each position then repeat the button pushing in Step 2.
(When you're done, be sure to put the slide switch in the correct position to operate the unit the remote came with!)

Step 4- Put the batteries back into the remote, being very careful to install them correctly.
New batteries should be used if you're not sure about the old ones.

Step 5- Try the remote.

If it works, Great!
If not, it's time to call 1-800-Remotes or use this website to order a new remote.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: "Reviving" a dead TV remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
We almost spent $60 bucks to order a replacement remote for our Sony Wega HD TV (it's about 4-5 years old). The site I was going to order it from had this tip.......and it worked! I sent them a thank you e-mail and told them I would definitely remember their site when the day comes to really replace it. www.remotes.com

Dead" Remotes Can Be Saved
How to Re-Start Your "Dead" Remote Control
This only takes about a minute and will restart 1 in 3 "Dead" Original Remote Controls. Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1- Pull the batteries out of the remote and leave them out until Step 4.

Step 2- Press and release each and every button one at a time on the remote control until every button has been pressed and released at least once!

Step 3- If your remote has slide switches, you must move the switch to each position then repeat the button pushing in Step 2.
(When you're done, be sure to put the slide switch in the correct position to operate the unit the remote came with!)

Step 4- Put the batteries back into the remote, being very careful to install them correctly.
New batteries should be used if you're not sure about the old ones.

Step 5- Try the remote.

If it works, Great!
If not, it's time to call 1-800-Remotes or use this website to order a new remote.
Thanks for the tip!!!...Generally I get all cheap and buy a universal remote....then bitch about not having certain features.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

We thought about getting a universal remote, but it's the only remote (the cable remote works the TV, too) that changes the screen size and changes the channel from dvd, cable 1, cable 2, etc. Those are must have features. We use the cable remote for everything else. Only noticed it wasn't working when we tried to switch and watch a dvd.

But the tip worked........ I thought that was nice of them to tell about that. They would have had a sale otherwise. There really are some honest people out there!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

wow!

stillers4me, you just fixed my 4 month broken remote. thanks so much for this tip!!
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
wow!

stillers4me, you just fixed my 4 month broken remote. thanks so much for this tip!!
My pleasure! Mine was almost in the garbage, too!