Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,281 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Re: Trading down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
There are several kids that will land in the 2nd and 3rd round that I would love to see play for us. Might be a good idea to start a list.
I think that our best frend may be Joe Flacco, he has been moving up the board quickly and if a couple teams that need a QB falls in love with him one of them may try to move up a little the get him.
if i'm not mistaken, i believe i heard mel kiper say, he now had flaco as the #2 QB on his board.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
#23 = 760

chiefs 2nd and 3rd = 775

close enough. cheifs and steelers have had a favorable trade in the past (johnson for polamalu), too, that would lead both teams to not think either is getting robbed .

# 35 (from chiefs) dre moore / DE/DT
# 53....................... chilo rachal / OG
# 66 (from chiefs) jordy nelson / WR
# 88........................ kirk barton / OT

# 123 ......................Jameel McClain / ILB/OLB
# 156........................Dwight lowery / CB
# 188........................Isah gardner / CB

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 04-08-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
if i'm not mistaken, i believe i heard mel kiper say, he now had flaco as the #2 QB on his board.
I still see him as an early 2nd late 1st. Right about where we are.
I like your 1st four picks but would rather have Duane Brown than Barton.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I still see him as an early 2nd late 1st. Right about where we are.
I like your 1st four picks but would rather have Duane Brown than Barton.
what good is a 290 lb tackle ??? he'd have to be in a zone blocking system.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
what good is a 290 lb tackle ??? he'd have to be in a zone blocking system.
Last time I looked he was listed at 315, he has very good feet, and is quicker that most. He is indead better at pass protection right now, but so are most of the OTs coming out.
I have watched him several times this year and have always been impressed with his work.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #16
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Last time I looked he was listed at 315, he has very good feet, and is quicker that most. He is indead better at pass protection right now, but so are most of the OTs coming out.
I have watched him several times this year and have always been impressed with his work.
my bad, i think the info i seen was from his jr season......but check out ....... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=11685
look at the 2nd paragraph marked 2/8/08......it says 290

Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #17
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

That is a little bit of conflicting information isn't it. To tell you the true I think he is really closer to 310.
The one thing that you may or may not like is that he is a converted TE, and has been playing OT for only 3 years, I think, and I have heard some say that he may be a better OG than OT.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
That is a little bit of conflicting information isn't it. To tell you the true I think he is really closer to 310.
The one thing that you may or may not like is that he is a converted TE, and has been playing OT for only 3 years, I think, and I have heard some say that he may be a better OG than OT.
WELL......he only put 225 up 24 times.( barton had 34 reps and ran a 4.95) ) he might struggle against the bigger, stronger DT in the league. his speed is his bigger asset, so i'd think tackle would be a better fit.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #19
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Don't get me wrong, I would would be happy with Barton. He's a good player from a good school out of the Big Ten, yes I am a Big Ten fan.

By the way, I'm starting to read that Nelson may not make it out of the 2nd round, and is very unlikly to make it to our 3rd round pick. Looks like the only way we may get him is with a trade like this one.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #20
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

I dont think Barton is a 3rd round guy and I still dont like spending a high pick on a guard as I think we have too many guys that can play inside and not enough OT's.

Carl Nicks might be a better prospect in the 3rd if he lasts that long.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote