Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #11
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Let's play Steeler GM

To Everyone

This is what makes this fun to me. Everyone has different views on how things should go. I feel like we need Off. Linemen, but Albert the best OLineman in the draft in my opinion because of his flexibility of playing either G or T will probably be gone by 23 and could be in the top 10. I really think that the Steelers should look at DB myself. Quinton Groves at LB will be tempting, but we are getting very old at the corner position and we are not that strong at corner anyway. I also think that Kenny Phillips the S from Miami, Fla would be a nice fix next to Troy Polomalu.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #12
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
as GM i would realize that picking a WR in the first 3 rounds would be wasteful. the needs of the steelers will not be fixed by adding a WR that early.
I have been saying this for quite some time now. But I must admit that I have grown to really like Jordy Nelson. If he is available in the 3rd, he would have to be looked at seriously, because that would be a steal IMO.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 AM   #13
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
oh absolutley !!! .......the falcons have 3 picks in the 2nd, and 2 in the 3rd.....i'd be callin them on draft day.
I think this is the best oppurtunity. Hopefully the Falcons really want someone bad enough to trade up into the 1st.

I also think that the team is looking at that exact scenerio. It's possible that they are willing to gamble that either Cherilus, Groves, or Cason will be available in the early 2nd. That would allow them to get an extra pick while still landing a player they would have drafted at 1.23.

I also think it's a possibility they trade down in the 2nd. The 2nd round looks like a good round for CBs, LBs and DTs. The team might feel that the talent at those positions is close enough throughout the round that it can wait until later in the round, thus picking up an extra 3rd or 4th.

An extra 3rd or 4th round pick would be great because it would allow the team to draft for need and somewhat of a luxury pick. I'll use an example, the team may want to draft Langford in the 3rd. With an extra pick in the 3rd, the team could look at WR or RB. The team could also use the extra pick as ammo to move up and land a player they like in the 2nd day.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #14
Steelers Since '75
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8308

My dream draft has the Steelers trading down their 1st round for the Falcons 2nd and 3rd draft picks... then we grab Groves and Baker in the 2nd round then Nelson and Godfrey in the 3rd. After that I would like to see McGlynn, Zuttah, Schmitt in the mix...
Steelers Since '75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #15
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,105 Posts

If albert is gone at 23 then I would say trade down with the falcons.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #16
rdsovchen
Draft Prospect

Location: Settled in CLEVELAND OH of all places with wife and two girls.
Member Number: 8369

Good conversation so far.
Let's entertain a call from SF to swap first round picks, will they also give us their # 3 or 4th round pick to move up 6 spots? They can move ahead of Dallas Seattle and Tennessee to grab a high profile receiver and Groves could still be there for us at # 29. We can always use the extra pick...Lord knows how many more of our players will end up defendants in the courts.
rdsovchen is offline   Reply With Quote