Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #41
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: It's Clowns Week

You know, I have more respect for our bengal fans who are on this board..becuz atleast they can talk legit smack and back it up.. You guys have made such sorry attempts at smack its not even funny.. please stop making urselves look more ridiculous than u already do every sunday in those orange and brown jerseys and dog bones...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #42
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATENEARS
Don't under-estimate a rival. Those teams are better than us, and we have nothing to lose. We are gonna embarrass you on National TV (our Super Bowl).
You have nothing to lose except another game ,to which the Clowns have proven that they're pretty adept at.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #43
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,300 Times in 3,268 Posts

Much to my surprise, Browns are 6th in NFL in points allowed (17 a game) - guess Romeo Crennell is a pretty good D coach.

Steelers' D needs to play like 2004 this coming Sunday or I probably will be nervous around 11:30 Sunday night.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #44
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATENEARS
Maybe because you all patted Batch on the back for his 'Not so much like Roethlisberger, but not like Maddox either!' play on Sunday. Did you watch things unfold this weekend?

Of course you are going to run, that is what you do whether Batch, Maddox or Big Dumb Ben is in. You guys are 27th in passing, and dead last in the NFL in attempts ... yet you still slobberfest over Big Ben like a giddy afghani.
Ben plays the role as field general as well as anybody playing today. He completes a high percentage of his passes, and has led the team to seven fourth quarter comeback, in just a season and a half of action. The last person that should comment on a qauterback, is a browie fan, what could you possibly know about the position? When was the last time you had a qb that was any good? When was the last time you had a coach that was any good? When was the last time you had a team that was any good? When did you last have a player make the pro bowl?
This is how pathetic brownie fan is. They still think that The Afflac Goose, a.k.a. Bernie Kosar, was a hall of fame QB. Get a life, or at least a football team.
I have a deep respect for all fans of any team. Even the Cleveland Browns fans. There is something about football and the fans that seperate them from any other sport, and I appreciate that. But when fans, such as yourself come in and ramble on about how your going to win, but with nothing to back it up. I have no respect for coards like you.
At least come strong, or don`t come at all. You coming in here and insulting the members is kind of childish, wouldn`t you say. I would gues you to be about fourteen , based on your comments. Maybe thirteen.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #45
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

This is giving me a whole new respect for most of our Bengal fan posters!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #46
ATENEARS
Water Boy

Member Number: 800

<<< When was the last time you had a qb that was any good? >>>

I hate QB?s, they?re gay, but I?ll play along; Otto Graham, (AAFC, 1946-49; NFL, 1950-55) ? at least, I heard he was good and his stats pretty much out-shine every QB before and since. Funny thing is, after that, we have sucked ? but still lead the over-all series 55-50 against the little red-headed step-child from Pittsburgh.

<<< When was the last time you had a coach that was any good? >>>

Ah, we haven?t been as bad in the coaching category as say the QB category ? but we sure seem to be the roots to your coaching pool and certainly not vice-versa. Pssst: That?s where the ?Football Country? blurb has meaning here.

<<< When was the last time you had a team that was any good? >>>

Late in the year in 1999 we were a juggernaut and I laughed like hell when you lost to our stupid expansion team that was thrown together in about 8-weeks. Not only do we lead the series against the Squeelers, but the 51-0 beating that we gave you in 1989, couldn?t even be matched by you even in our first game out of the gate that expansion season.

<<< When did you last have a player make the pro bowl? >>>

I believe it was 2002. Makes ya sick that you lost to us in 1999, 2000 & 2003 huh?

<<< This is how pathetic brownie fan is. They still think that The Afflac Goose, a.k.a. Bernie Kosar, was a hall of fame QB.>>>

I hated Bernie ? as I?ve already told you, I hate QB?s. I can spot a lame QB from a mile away ? Big Ben is over-rated. I?d take Bernie over him.

<<< You coming in here and insulting the members is kind of childish, wouldn`t you say. I would gues you to be about fourteen , based on your comments. Maybe thirteen. >>>

If I told you that I was male teenager, your not going to show up at my doorstep with a racquetball, a strong rubber band, and three feet of rope are ya?

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-09-2005 at 07:29 PM.
ATENEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #47
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Alright way to back up your words, sort of.

Quick History lesson!
You were quick to point out your 51-0 win over us , the very first game of the season.
Later that same year how about our 35-3 victory over you, and we made the playoffs again, and the brownies stayed home.

Bernie over Ben, Never. Ben is still very young and already destine for greatness. I really don`t even want to say that Bernie was terrible, just not as good a Ben.

The the rope, the rubber band and the racket thing, was somewhat funny, strange, and weird all at the same time.

You need to research a little better, I know it took you a little while to respond so you did have to look. But i think you havet had a pro bowler in ten years.

Answer a question. Is it just me or is changing head coaches every three years or so absurd? I mean no sooner you get rid of the prior coaches dead weight, then your gone. I really wanted a brownie fans opinion here!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #48
ATENEARS
Water Boy

Member Number: 800

Jamir Miller made the Pro Bowl in 2001 or 02'. That was our last Pro Bowl player. Before that, it was hiatus years and whats the point of going back before then? I answered the question ... look it up.

<<< Answer a question. Is it just me or is changing head coaches every three years or so absurd? I mean no sooner you get rid of the prior coaches dead weight, then your gone. I really wanted a brownie fans opinion here! >>>

I'll discuss our new era. Chris Palmer was a great practice coach and motivator in our expansion season (1999). I attended a ton of training camp and the guy did a great job 'coaching' what he was given to coach. In 2000, however, Carmen Policy and his goons started sitting in on practices ans Palmer was under a micro-scope. He wasn't the same, he was tamed down and seemed to have to report every action back to Policy-n-thugs. They ran him out. Not saying the guy was a World Beater, but he had no chance and I hope he gets another shot somewhere someday. UPDATE: Palmer was just let-go in Houston this season as the scapre-goat for all their problems ... so, who knows? Probably similar situation.

A lot of Browns fans got all giddy over the singing of Butch Davis. He turned out to be a real turd, totally screwed the franchise up. With Crennel, I respect his patience. Browns fans are sitting on their hands, they have grown restless and I feel for anyone at the helm today. If the front office shows as much restraint that Crennel has displayed in running the team the right way (baby steps), then he might break the pattern of the three-year revolving door. It's up to the new front office and how soon they will panic again though.

I hear what you are saying about the three-year plans and out-the-door before anything has a chance to gel though. I would hope that someone up top is smart enough to recognize a drone and get rid of him though, instead of sticking with a loser.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #49
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Fair enough, but was a coach Crennels age the right descision? I personally would like to start all over with a blank canvas and a young talent, who may be with the team for many years. Not knocking Romeo, he had the resume, there is no doubting that. But he has been passed over for years. And at 62? I really not sure. How long of tenure can you really expect?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #50
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Well, I don't have to deal with any Browns fans here in Philly, but the TO drama is annoying enough for anyone. As for this game, it could be close... but I think three things will kill the browns: (1) our D (2) Duce (3) physicality. The Browns D is actually not that bad, but I don't think they can go all game against us.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote