Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #51
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: It's Clowns Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATENEARS
<<< When was the last time you had a qb that was any good? >>>

I hate QB?s, they?re gay, but I?ll play along; Otto Graham, (AAFC, 1946-49; NFL, 1950-55) ? at least, I heard he was good and his stats pretty much out-shine every QB before and since. Funny thing is, after that, we have sucked ? but still lead the over-all series 55-50 against the little red-headed step-child from Pittsburgh.

<<< When was the last time you had a coach that was any good? >>>

Ah, we haven?t been as bad in the coaching category as say the QB category ? but we sure seem to be the roots to your coaching pool and certainly not vice-versa. Pssst: That?s where the ?Football Country? blurb has meaning here.

<<< When was the last time you had a team that was any good? >>>

Late in the year in 1999 we were a juggernaut and I laughed like hell when you lost to our stupid expansion team that was thrown together in about 8-weeks. Not only do we lead the series against the Squeelers, but the 51-0 beating that we gave you in 1989, couldn?t even be matched by you even in our first game out of the gate that expansion season.

<<< When did you last have a player make the pro bowl? >>>

I believe it was 2002. Makes ya sick that you lost to us in 1999, 2000 & 2003 huh?

<<< This is how pathetic brownie fan is. They still think that The Afflac Goose, a.k.a. Bernie Kosar, was a hall of fame QB.>>>

I hated Bernie ? as I?ve already told you, I hate QB?s. I can spot a lame QB from a mile away ? Big Ben is over-rated. I?d take Bernie over him.

<<< You coming in here and insulting the members is kind of childish, wouldn`t you say. I would gues you to be about fourteen , based on your comments. Maybe thirteen. >>>

If I told you that I was male teenager, your not going to show up at my doorstep with a racquetball, a strong rubber band, and three feet of rope are ya?

Damn, and people think Steelers fans live in the past.. u cant even come up w/ a credible team or players or coaches that even did anything remotely great THIS century !!

Just becuz u have a probowler or 2 doesnt make them great... and just because we lost to you now and then doesnt make you great either so please dont go there...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:50 AM   #52
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C. Lights
Well, I don't have to deal with any Browns fans here in Philly, but the TO drama is annoying enough for anyone. As for this game, it could be close... but I think three things will kill the browns: (1) our D (2) Duce (3) physicality. The Browns D is actually not that bad, but I don't think they can go all game against us.
Key stat:

Steelers rushing offense ranked 5th
Browns rushing defense ranked 28

All we need Batch to do is exploit the Browns overloading the box and we're good.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #53
ATENEARS
Water Boy

Member Number: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Damn, and people think Steelers fans live in the past.. u cant even come up w/ a credible team or players or coaches that even did anything remotely great THIS century !!
As if ... you would have been parading Mid-1970's players out and been all proud and crap. Why bother, I could list all of our HOF'ers from the 50 & 60's AND THEN you could have said that I was living in the past.

What the hell QB's have the Steelers had that have been any better then Kosar or Sipe, since the 70's??? Big Ben is being handled with kid gloves, Pittsburgh ranks dead last in pass attempts, 27th in passing yards. Big Gay Ben hasn't even begun to play the position yet to be mentioned among the great.

Quote:
Just becuz u have a probowler or 2 doesnt make them great... and just because we lost to you now and then doesnt make you great either so please dont go there...
One of your little brethran here mentioned the Pro Bowl topic, not me. And just because you LOST to us more times then won in the history between our two teams, doesn't make you great either.

Geez, have you had your coffee today yet? Perhaps your still coldcocked by my description of the items in your duffle bag (racquetball, strong rubber band and three feet of rope)
Old 11-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #54
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Bottom line Steelers have class
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #55
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,090 Times in 2,618 Posts

to extend the bottom line- they are ALWAYS the better team
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #56
hinesfield
Water Boy

Member Number: 711

theyre going to lose to charlie batch not just because they suck........just because theyre the BROWNS
Old 11-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #57
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

ATENEAR, Why the Gay Ben remarks??
Are you really that homophobic? Is it because your not intelligent enough, to think of something smarter to say? To bust balls, talk smack an everything is really good rivalry fun. But the gay, home stuff really should stop. Your really not that impressive!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #58
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120
Post Re: It's Clowns Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers fans=morons
well here I am again on this board, thanks for such a big reaction, if makes me feel better about myself. and you have a very false sense of security in this game, if you think that the rat birds played all out last week to get a win then you will be surprised...

oh, and on a side note, you all seem to never talk about how your coach used to be a browns player...
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers fans=morons
Charlie Batch completed 9-of-16 for 65 yards, no touchdowns and an interception..The only chance the steelers win this game is if ben starts. And if the steelers joke of a running game doesn't get going then it is going a long night....
Ha! My goodness,I'm laughing my head off!

The Browns and their fans are so pathetics!

To show you how pathetic, check out:
http://www.steelerssuck.com

At this page (http://www.partiers.com/gobrownsphotos.html) it shows the last time they beat the Steelers, which was over 2 years ago, that Monday night game someone mentioned.

What ticks me off more is the people who do this site are from my hometown of New Castle. One thing about New Castle is that it was infested with too many Browns fans, being an hour or so from both Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I rather deal with these Eagle fans around Philly than the Brwnies fans!

As much as I hate the Ratbirds and think the Ratbird fans are totally pathetic, my hate for the Browns can not be topped!

Even with Farrior, the Bus, Willie, and Big Ben out, the Brownies will still choke on their leash.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 PM   #59
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATENEARS
As if ... you would have been parading Mid-1970's players out and been all proud and crap. Why bother, I could list all of our HOF'ers from the 50 & 60's AND THEN you could have said that I was living in the past.

What the hell QB's have the Steelers had that have been any better then Kosar or Sipe, since the 70's??? Big Ben is being handled with kid gloves, Pittsburgh ranks dead last in pass attempts, 27th in passing yards. Big Gay Ben hasn't even begun to play the position yet to be mentioned among the great.

One of your little brethran here mentioned the Pro Bowl topic, not me. And just because you LOST to us more times then won in the history between our two teams, doesn't make you great either.

Geez, have you had your coffee today yet? Perhaps your still coldcocked by my description of the items in your duffle bag (racquetball, strong rubber band and three feet of rope)
If you hang around on this site..u'll see that we mostly promote the current / recent history around here. WE all know the 70's teams were a Dynasty, Period..but we also tought and cheer and talk up the current teams more..so basically we dont need to dwell on the past like you all seem to like to think we do..we just have that in our hip pocket if we need it.

And yes I know you werent bringing up the whole pro bowl thing originally but I had to throw it out there cuz I didnt want ya thinking a couple pro bowlers was all that great of an accomplishment in the grand scheme of things..

Relax, its just trash talk.. its Steelers / Browns week, it just get much better than that !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote