Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 04-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911
Default Top 30 Draft Prospects

* this is not a mock*
my Top 30 Prospects

1. D. McFadden RB
2. C. Long DE
3. G. Dorsey DT
4. J. Long OT
5. M. Ryan QB
6. S. Ellis DT
7. V. Gholston DE/OLB
8. L. McKelvin CB
9. K. Rivers OLB
10. B. Albert OG/OT
11. R. Mendenhall RB
12. R. Clady OT
13. M. Jenkins CB
14. D. Harvey DE
15. C. Williams OT
16. D. Thomas WR
17. J. Otah OT
18. D. R. Cromartie CB
19. J. Stewart RB
20. P. Merling DE
21. K. Phillips S
22. J. Mayo ILB
23. A. Cason CB
24. G. Cherilus OT
25. Q. Groves DE/OLB
26. K. Balmer DT
27. F. Jones RB
28. L. Sweed WR
29. D. Connor LB
30. A. Talib CB

Notable prospects not included;
D. Jackson WR
J. Hardy WR
M. Manningham WR
M. Kelly WR
F. Davis TE
B. Brohm QB
C. Campbell DE
L. Jackson DE
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
DACEB
Banned

Default Re: Top 30 Draft Prospects

Looking at the list makes me believe that the WRs will have the biggest impact on how the 1st and 2nd rounds play out.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
rdsovchen
Draft Prospect

Location: Settled in CLEVELAND OH of all places with wife and two girls.
Member Number: 8369

I can easily see the top 4 receivers going off the board in round 1....Will the Steelers have the cahones to snag one with the # 23 pick? The WR crop is definitely deeper than the OL's, but I think at #23 they might be reaching to take the next available OL especially if it's Otah or Cherilous.
rdsovchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
DACEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsovchen View Post
I can easily see the top 4 receivers going off the board in round 1....Will the Steelers have the cahones to snag one with the # 23 pick? The WR crop is definitely deeper than the OL's, but I think at #23 they might be reaching to take the next available OL especially if it's Otah or Cherilous.
While I agree that I could see that happening, I had a hard time fitting any WRs into the 1st. I firmly believe Thomas is the #1WR with everyone else dropping off, but it was tough to put him at 16.

This WR class may be deep, maybe, but it's hard to give any of them 1st round value IMO. Jordy Nelson is on par with many of the so called top WRs, and he won't go before the 2nd or 3rd.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

I hope we wait til the 3rd and snag Nelson!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #6
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

i just dont think cason or cherilus deserve to be in the top 30... malcom kelly deserves to be there so does reggie smith...
Old 04-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
DACEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
i just dont think cason or cherilus deserve to be in the top 30... malcom kelly deserves to be there so does reggie smith...
I like Smith alot also, and he could be slotted in the top 30. The guys versatile and has all the measurables. You know I've had this guy slotted as a possible 1st round selection previously. I should have put him in over Sweed or Thomas, but I felt almost obligated to put in a WR.

Kelly was probably the only WR to have a 1st round grade all along, but the guy has done everything to knock himself out of the 1st. Too many question marks to get a 1st round grade.

Cason absolutely deserves a 1st round grade. This guy has proven himself on the field and off. He's versatile, physical and mature. He's already involved with charities, which shows me he has a good head on his shoulders.

Cherilus is borderline top tier. I believe he grades slightly above the 2nd tier of O-linemen. He has been pushed down the boards to make way for WRs that don't deserve a 1st round grade. This guy comes from a program known for quality O-linemen, and has dominated top D-linemen in his conference. Even dominating the #1 pick from 2006, Mario Williams.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
DACEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
I'm actually glad that you questioned some of the picks. That was the point of this thread.

All of us have an opinion on the prospects, but few (very few) have actually watched many of the prospects play. Even fewer have actually watched a particular prospect exclusively throughout a game, or have seen game film.

My point being that the majority of us, while doing our homework on a prospect, are going by what someone else is telling us (scout or some yahoo running a web site).

I gathered quite a bit of info in formulating that list. I would challenge all to review the different info available and analyze where the prospects fall. By the time I was thru it wasn't very difficult to list Cherilus in the top 30. I truly believe he would easily have been a 1st rounder last year, possibly top 15-20.