Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Ask the Steelers

The annual "Ask The Steelers" forums are now open on the Steelers web site.

The first two are Lawrence Timmons and Jeremy Bloom

Here are the links to both:
http://news.steelers.com/article/88207/
http://news.steelers.com/article/88205/

My son got a question posted two years ago...very cool!!!
Good luck!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: Ask the Steelers

do you know when they post the players' answers and where?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Heres Jeremy Bloom.

http://news.steelers.com/article/89287/
Quote:
ASK THE STEELERS Ė JEREMY BLOOM Ė PART 1

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

From Paul Arnold in Jacksonville, Florida: What are you doing when you are waiting for a punt or kickoff and the ball is in the air? What is the first thing you do once you catch it?

Jeremy Bloom: The first thing that I do is read the kickers alignment. Most kickers and punters have a pre-snap indicator that tells you what direction they are attempting to kick the ball. The second thing I do is read the spin and arch of the ball. This tells you how deep and what direction the ball will go. The third thing I do is catch the ball and run like a prosecutor that is being chased by eleven convicts.

From SSgt Justin Podomnik, Tyndall Air Force Base Panama City, Florida: What is the most important thing you have learned from being injured that you could pass on to others in the same situation?

Jeremy Bloom: First and foremost thank you for you service to our country. You men and woman are true heroes and your fearless commitment to our country inspires me.

The most important thing that I realized during the time that I was injured was how much opportunity it gave me. It gave me time to study the game and to watch guys like Steve Smith and Santana Moss. It gave me time to work on my weaknesses and polish my strengths. It certainly came with its mental challenges. Itís easy to begin to have thoughts of doubt when you are injured. ďWill I be able to make a full recoveryĒ, ďAm I becoming forgotten aboutĒ, ďDo they think Iím softĒÖ.ect. These thoughts are normal and itís how you deal with them that will define your recover and the type of person you are.

From Randall Welsh in Orlando, Florida: Is it harder to train physically and mentally for the Olympics or to get ready for a NFL season?

Jeremy Bloom: Physically football is more difficult. There is nothing like training camp, itís a total beast. Mentally they both have their challenges. For me, the circumstances were very different. The two times that I prepared for the Olympics I was doing so as one of the top ranked skiers in the world. In football I am trying to do scrap and claw my way just to break away from the pack. Both bring different mental challenges.

From Greg Forbes in Atlanta, Georgia: Is there something about skiing that makes you specially adept in returning punts and kicks?

Jeremy Bloom: Not really, I use to think the two sports were similar but have later found out that they are completely different.

From Jason Mitchell in Byesville, Ohio: Does skiing help you with vision and maneuverability during kick and punt returns?

Jeremy Bloom: Yes and no, but training your eyes to pick up fast moving object is very important in any sport. There are many ways that you can do this. The next time you play catch close one of your eyes while standing on one foot. Or purposely blur your eyes and try and catch the ball. These exercises can help your peripheral vision, balance and your depth perception. But if the ball hits you in the face donít blame me.

From Teddy Simon in Santa Cruz, California: Do you think you could develop into a "Wes Walker" type receiver and broaden the offense?

Jeremy Bloom: Iím a big fan of Wesís and love the way he plays the game. There isnít any doubt in my mind that given the opportunity I can develop into that type of player.

From Reese Bang in Richland, Washington: Knowing what you know now about the level of competition in the NFL, in hindsight, would you have put a greater emphasis upon your college football career?

Jeremy Bloom: I put a huge emphasis on my college football career. The NCAA was the reason that I wasnít able to play my junior and senior year. I was devastated when they declared me permanently ineligible and ended my opportunity to be the number one receiver my junior and senior year.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Lawrence Timmons.

http://news.steelers.com/article/89320/

Quote:
ASK THE STEELERS Ė LAWRENCE TIMMONS Ė PART 1
Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

From Wanda Carter in Roanoke, Virginia: What are the strengths that you feel you bring to the Steelers?

Lawrence Timmons: I can be interchangeable. They can use me in many ways. That is why I want to know the defense so I can be used anywhere. That can be an advantage for me.

From Erin Jamison in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: What was the toughest adjustment to life in the NFL?

Lawrence Timmons: Itís the schedule. You only have one day off. You work six days a week. Itís a longer day than you are used to. It goes from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Itís different than the schedule you had when you were in school. Itís a big difference. Then there is all of the film that watch. It can be overwhelming at times. You have to get used to it. I have now.

From Sarah Burke in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Have you had a chance to look at the Steelers schedule and does it surprise you how tough it is being that itís ranked near the top of strength of schedule in the NFL?

Lawrence Timmons: I havenít taken a real good look at it, but I know we play a lot of the playoff teams from last year. The NFL is always tough period. You have to play hard every Sunday. That shouldnít really matter.

From Tracy Schreiber in Carnegie, Pennsylvania: What do you like to do in your spare time?

Lawrence Timmons: I just had a baby boy. I like spending time with him. When he is sleeping I sit on the couch with him in my arms and play video games. That is it. That is what I love to do now.

From David Price in Leesburg, Virginia: What goals have you set for yourself thisseason?

Lawrence Timmons: The biggest goal I want is to make a major impact on the Steelers. That is what I want to do. I want to do a 360 from last year and make a major impact.

From Matt Terella, Florida State and Steelers fan: How does Mickey Andrews compare to Dick LeBeau as defensive coordinators? Do you feel they match each other in terms of intensity and defensive schemes?

Lawrence Timmons: Mickey is all energy. They have a little different style, but they have a passion for defense. They have that in common. They are both aggressive coaches who blitz a lot. They are similar in that way.

From Chuck Garric in Burbank, California: How does your work outs and off-season change for you, now that you have the first year under your belt?
Lawrence Timmons: I did the same as I did last year, but I took it a little easier this year. I went hard last year and my body kind of went out on me. I did the cold tub more this year. That helped a whole lot.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
ejames43
Water Boy

Member Number: 8583

I don't know if I see Bloom making the roster. Blazing speed - but really small and inexperienced.
ejames43 is offline   Reply With Quote