Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Lookin for help here

I think our two biggest needs on offense are WR. and RB.
Our offensive line can get buy the way they are and we can pick up depth later in the draft.

Why I say WR:
TOP 3 WR's

>Hines Ward
>Santonio Holmes
>Nate Washington

Why I say RB:
(Top 3 RB's)

> Willie Parker
> Davenport
> ?Moore?

What happens if Parker goes down early in the season???
> It would be nice to have someone like stewart
WHat happens if Ward or Santonio goes down early in the season???
> It would be nice to have a first or second round pick in there

We really need to pick up a RB or WR. in the first and second round

Does anyone agree or see where Im commin from?

Last edited by BIGBENFASTWILLIE; 04-20-2008 at 03:24 PM.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
rdsovchen
Draft Prospect

Location: Settled in CLEVELAND OH of all places with wife and two girls.
Member Number: 8369
Default Re: Lookin for help here

I doubt you will find much succcess online.
You will probably have to visit the websites of the makers of the official NFL apparrel, locate a corporate office number and make a phone call with the hopes that you can smooth talk someone into providing you with the info you are after.
I am sure the NFL has big time contracts with Nike, Ridell, Etc. all the way down to the jock strap munufacturer.

Try contacting someone at the Steelers front office. I am sure you can get a wealth of information there if you find the right person. Although with the draft coming up this might be a bad week to call.

Also, is the NFL responsible for the actual cost of those items, or is it individual team responsibility? In the fair market that the NFL has kept itself in, I would have to think that every team has the same budget for uniform expenses as every other. Which is then picked up by the NFL. I could be wrong though!

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsovchen View Post
I doubt you will find much succcess online.
You will probably have to visit the websites of the makers of the official NFL apparrel, locate a corporate office number and make a phone call with the hopes that you can smooth talk someone into providing you with the info you are after.
I am sure the NFL has big time contracts with Nike, Ridell, Etc. all the way down to the jock strap munufacturer.

Try contacting someone at the Steelers front office. I am sure you can get a wealth of information there if you find the right person. Although with the draft coming up this might be a bad week to call.

Also, is the NFL responsible for the actual cost of those items, or is it individual team responsibility? In the fair market that the NFL has kept itself in, I would have to think that every team has the same budget for uniform expenses as every other. Which is then picked up by the NFL. I could be wrong though!

Good luck!
Hey - I think you posted in the wrong thread. Would you like me to move your post? Please let me know which thread this belongs in.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'm confused..................
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
slashsteel

Member Number:

I would love to have RB and WR help. But I really think O-line is our biggest area of need. Get by with what we have? Besides Hartwig our O-line is looking the same as last year minus Faneca. So saying we can get by with who we have might be a stretch...........
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

sorry bigbenfastwillie, good opinion but what we really need is Olineman then we can go for WR and then RB, but if no Olineman in the draft is there then lets get stewart.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230

I don't think anyone here agrees with you lol.

Even if those guys don't go down, there playing ability is extremely limited without a good O-Line.
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I agree that we need offensive line help, but to reach for someone that could be drafted in the 2nd or later rounds we should not do. I have thought all along that the Steelers are kind of in a bad spot in this upcoming draft at 23. Most of the pretty good OT's are gonna be gone and we all pretty much know that OG Branden Albert will not make it to us either. So, what does that mean for us to do? I think that you look at DE or LB or DB. The more I hear about LB Quintin Groves from Auburn the more I like him and the chance at selecting him to team with Woodley in the future. I am just not convinced that Woodley is gonna be a long term fixture when you can have better speed with someone like Groves. IF FS Kenny Phillips is still there at 23, and it seems that he will be, I wouldnt mind at all seeing him coming to Pittsburgh to team up with Polomalu
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
duma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5730

I don't think it is too far of a reach. "***Colbert called this draft the deepest for offensive tackles he has seen in 25 years." It sounds like he believes he can at least get a OT in the later round. We've signed Starks to a rather lucrative one year contract, and we went after Mahan's replacement in free agency. The line could be set... at least for this year.

Also, we have taken a look at Stewart via visits to the facility (and he is expected in some circles to fall to us). The depth in RB in the draft and on our team isn't too deep. This makes it less likely to sit until later rounds to find a RB. So, I'm not going to be shocked if he does go RB in round one. However, in all honesty, I think they go O(orD)-line and everything to date is to hide their true intentions.

Of course who falls to us and who we get depend greatly on those before us. And I'm far from being a draft expert.... much like many us that don't collect paychecks from the Steelers.... so who here can really say?

*** I would link it but I can't post URL's
duma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

rdsovchen, i was totally confused w/ ur post...

would it be nice to have help there yes.. but maybe tomlin needs to cut down on training camp a lil biut this yr.. not so much hard work near the end
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote