Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #21
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Boren disliked Rodriguez, transferring to Columbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
You might want to pick up Pitt. They appear to be a team who will at least improve enough to at least make a bowl game. Michigan might slip and slide for a little bit.
A BCS Bowl game if things go the way they should this season. How about PSU? Any BCS Games in their future? Who's your qb again? who's your RB again?

guess it doesn't matter with Coach Joe PoopPants. Good luck with Coastal Carolina.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #22
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
You might want to pick up Pitt. They appear to be a team who will at least improve enough to at least make a bowl game. Michigan might slip and slide for a little bit.
Personally, I dont care of Michigan went 0-11 with a guy like Lloyd Carr. I'm just having a problem with this guy and he's gonna be hard to root for. I talked to a guy from out west @ the Big 33 game and he confirmed that RR is not welcome at many Pittsburgh area high schools.

I'm sure I'll be running my mouth when they beat PSU again this year when they have probably no right to.

I'v always liked Pitt... they could be somewhere between my number 2 and a 1A. I'm having this strange desire to complete a conversion to exclusively Pittsburgh teams.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #23
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
A BCS Bowl game if things go the way they should this season. How about PSU? Any BCS Games in their future? Who's your qb again? who's your RB again?

guess it doesn't matter with Coach Joe PoopPants. Good luck with Coastal Carolina.
BCS? Maybe
QB? Unless something happens, most likely Darryl Clark
RB? Evan "Rolls-Royce" Royster with Stephon Green waiting. Get to know that name(Green). He's going to win a Heisman. Not this year, but down the line.

As for Pitt

BCS this year? Hell No
QB? If they can keep people healthy and WVU falls off dramatically
RB? McCoy will have to carry a good portion of the load if they're going to have a chance

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #24
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Personally, I dont care of Michigan went 0-11 with a guy like Lloyd Carr. I'm just having a problem with this guy and he's gonna be hard to root for. I talked to a guy from out west @ the Big 33 game and he confirmed that RR is not welcome at many Pittsburgh area high schools.

I'm sure I'll be running my mouth when they beat PSU again this year when they have probably no right to.

I'v always liked Pitt... they could be somewhere between my number 2 and a 1A. I'm having this strange desire to complete a conversion to exclusively Pittsburgh teams.
I have only been exclusive to Pittsburgh in the pro sports leagues they have teams in. Though a good portion of Penn State's alumni lives in Allegheny County.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
I have only been exclusive to Pittsburgh in the pro sports leagues they have teams in. Though a good portion of Penn State's alumni lives in Allegheny County.
I was never a baseball fan... I fluctuated from the Pirates to the O's to the Cardinals... Hockey, I loved Brett Hull and his dad so I was a Blues fan when I started watching.

My dad was always a PSU fan so when I was little I liked them. I loved Marino so started a fascination with Pitt... But when I was 8 and saw those winged helmets I was sold!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #26
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

I'm an OSU fan first, but my #2 team is WVU. I can tell you that Coach Rod is a very gifted coach. He's also a pretty good recruiter too. He will bring in the talent needed to run his style of offense in short time. When he first came to WVU, they struggled quite a bit too. If JoePa or Lloyd Carr were to go to OSU or PSU, they wouldn't have to find a whole new set of player to run their styles of offense. It would be a matter of tweaking the teaching. Coach Rod isn't tweaking, he's revamping.

I can say this. Even if he never plays a down for OSU, I'm glad they got Terrelle Pryor and not Michigan. He's a perfect fit for Coach Rod's offense. PSU fans should be glad he's anywhere but at Michigan too.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #27
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I'm an OSU fan first, but my #2 team is WVU. I can tell you that Coach Rod is a very gifted coach. He's also a pretty good recruiter too. He will bring in the talent needed to run his style of offense in short time. When he first came to WVU, they struggled quite a bit too. If JoePa or Lloyd Carr were to go to OSU or PSU, they wouldn't have to find a whole new set of player to run their styles of offense. It would be a matter of tweaking the teaching. Coach Rod isn't tweaking, he's revamping.

I can say this. Even if he never plays a down for OSU, I'm glad they got Terrelle Pryor and not Michigan. He's a perfect fit for Coach Rod's offense. PSU fans should be glad he's anywhere but at Michigan too.
We still have 2 mobile QB's fortunately on the roster this year. and right now we're in the running for a QB from California. However with JayPa running the QB Show I wonder how things will go.