Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default The End of an Era

Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410
Default Re: The End of an Era

It's f'in great....Not to mention I have Peyton Manning on my Fantasy team. LOL!!!

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Nice pic, kinda tough to look at. I am gonna miss those guys...
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts

and the colts still havent played anyone good! tom bradys body language said it all the 1st 2 times they had to punt. you only see him look like he did once in a while (when they lose). he looked like that in the 1st quarter! after that belichicks play calling said it all. not kicking fg's, onside kicks, nothing but screen plays.

either way it probably was a meaningless game to the colts and pats. colts will still win their division and get home field. the sucky thing is that the pats will win their division at 8-8 or 9-7 and host a wild card team with a 13-3 or 12-4 record (bengals/steelers?).
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

End of an era? Maybe.

Our lightweight D got taken to the cleaners last night - well and truly and no excuses.

I will take issue with a couple of points made though.

1. The onside kick was a legitimate call - the element of surprise was a factor, and also the fact that our D currently resembles the KC Chiefs of the last 2/3 years.

2. People still have an issue with our screen passes? It works - that is the only way I can defend it. An aggresive pass rush such as the Colts are likely to be suckered by this play more than once and we also scored a TD direct from one such call.

3. Also, to say we run nothing but screen plays is plainly wrong - it wasnt a screen play when we hit a 35yarder on a 3rd and 23 was it? Im pretty sure it wasnt a screen play on the Troy Brown TD 'catch'

I happen to think that at 4-4 you cant write us off for sure - there is still half a season to be played - I can only hope that our DB and D-Line play improves with the return of a few key players.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
End of an era? Maybe.

Our lightweight D got taken to the cleaners last night - well and truly and no excuses.

I will take issue with a couple of points made though.

1. The onside kick was a legitimate call - the element of surprise was a factor, and also the fact that our D currently resembles the KC Chiefs of the last 2/3 years.

2. People still have an issue with our screen passes? It works - that is the only way I can defend it. An aggresive pass rush such as the Colts are likely to be suckered by this play more than once and we also scored a TD direct from one such call.

3. Also, to say we run nothing but screen plays is plainly wrong - it wasnt a screen play when we hit a 35yarder on a 3rd and 23 was it? Im pretty sure it wasnt a screen play on the Troy Brown TD 'catch'

I happen to think that at 4-4 you cant write us off for sure - there is still half a season to be played - I can only hope that our DB and D-Line play improves with the return of a few key players.

Cheers

NM
my whole point was that you could tell the pats were on the ropes midway through the 2nd quarter. how could you tell? bradys body language (as a patfan you mustve noticed his reaction the 1st 2 times they had to send on the punting team and said "uh oh") and uncharacteristic play calling to over compensate for the lack of D. normally belichick just runs out the next person in line to fix the defensive holes. (who is coaching the db's now that mangini is the d-coord?) i cant ever recall belichick playing to keep his defense off the field. pulling d. starks? showed that even when they were out there he was ready to get them off.

the onside kick was a great call. i remember when a lousy non creative coach named cowher(sarcasm) ran it in almost the same situation to perfection in a superbowl.

sure the screen plays work. just like the steelers running game works. unfortunately it was about the only thing working for the patriots last night. it was used so much, to me it showed a lack of faith in the power running game that worked so well with dillon in the past. their running backs are depleted and dillon is hurt. better him be out in space than pounding it up the middle. they cant lose him, or brady, if they have hopes of the playoffs.

with all that being said theyre 31st in the league on defense. sure they will get seymore back and have bruschi, but not law and harrison and while i dont know, it seems like mangini may be spread a little to thin. in spite of this, their division is horrible and can probably be beat with players the pats pull off the streets. belichick pulling magic out of his ass wont work against playoff calibur teams though.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

It had to be tough to swallow Im sure..but I agree w/ the on side.. in fact I was sitting on the couch w/ my wife and said they outta try an onside kick !!

had it been successful, it could have turned the game, and given the D some more rest.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i didn't watch the game but damn i love the final score, been saying since the start of the season that the colts would kill the pats and it'll happen again in the playoffs i guaran damn tee that shit right there
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
i didn't watch the game but damn i love the final score, been saying since the start of the season that the colts would kill the pats and it'll happen again in the playoffs i guaran damn tee that shit right there
Lets face it Koopa your guara-damn-tees probably arent worth the cyber-paper they are written on - im sure you had a similar guara-damn-tee that the Steelers would be able to beat the Patriots at home didnt you?

And if you didnt - just goes to show how much faith you had in your own team...so which is it...did you guara-damn-tee a Steelers victory or not?

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Hey Belicheck It's The END OF A DYNASTY. A new DYNASTY Is going to be born here soon. They Wear the BLACK AND GOLD!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote