Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default philadelphia and p. burress

you think they regret not signing him in the off season now? i thought he wouldve been perfect there, and made their offense deadly and been a good insurance policy if t.o. acted up or got hurt. they probably couldve got him cheaper than the giants too. his antics are a drop in the bucket compared to t.o. atleast i can understand how he felt going to camp on mothers day after his mom died. who the hell can understand anything t.o. does.

i think the giants made one hell of a signing, especially for eli's development. steelerfans must remember that plex was left open for free agency, not because he wasnt good enough, but actually too good for what we could afford at the time. we should get a nice 3rd round compensetory pick for him though.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530
Default Re: philadelphia and p. burress

Yes, plax is turning out to be good for the giants, but he can change at any moment and the jury's still out on his post season performace. As for philly, he would have been completely incompatible with TO. Eagles probably would have been better off getting rid of TO and just signing plax!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I dont really think we'd be any better off w/ Plax in the lineup, I honestly dont. Sure we could use his height, but he's just way too inconsistent w/ us to be THAT much of a benefit. Ward is having a good year, El is playing well, and we have some good depth w/ Morgan, Washington, and Wilson..even if he does ***** alittle.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792

I think it would make a difference if Plaxico was still on the Steelers. Defenses couldn't just key on Ward all game because Plax was a nice deep threat with some wheels. Randle El is at his best when he's in the slot, I think he's out of place playing on the outside. I hope Morgan continues to contribute and maybe take the #2 WR spot so Randle El can roam around the middle of the field.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:38 AM   #5
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

I know Plax is producing in NY, but he produced for us too right after he began to start for us. 2 1000 yard seasons, and as his contract began to wear down, so did he. Once it came down to him or Hines, I think the organization made the right choice. Plax never really had the Steeler "put-it-all-on-the-line" mentality and Hines was the more reliable reciever. Plax'll do well in NY as long as he knows his paycheck's gonna keep coming.

And I do agree the El seems like he'd do alot better in the Slot. Throw Quincy and Cedric in at #2 and see how they do. I'm sure Ced'd seize the chance, due to his b!tching, and only time will tell what nate can bring to the table.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Cedric being hurt hasnt helped his chances either for more playing time.. but w/ Heath really coming on as a huge threat, there just isnt always enough passes to go around..but Wilson seems to be only one *****ing about it.. kinda sounds like plax huh!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #7
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Didn't he recently complain again in an article to the post-gazette?
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #8
hicksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 745

Plaxico Burress with a good attitude is one of the premier WR's in the league, and capable of achieving anything. Plaxico Burress with a shitty attitude is cancer.

Fortunately for the Giants, Plaxico is still focusing his shitty side towards the Steelers. It's very easy for him to play focused, good football and look back and laugh. This is still the honeymoon period from that aspect.

Let a ball bounce off his shoulder in the endzone during a critical game, let a few boo's fill his ears and we'll see how hard he wants to make everyone happy in New York.

It's all just a matter of time.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I really din`t give Pax much credit, but he has seem to pick it up a notch. Maybe he was getting the message , or he just wanted to be the No.1 rec.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksfan
Plaxico Burress with a good attitude is one of the premier WR's in the league, and capable of achieving anything. Plaxico Burress with a shitty attitude is cancer.

Fortunately for the Giants, Plaxico is still focusing his shitty side towards the Steelers. It's very easy for him to play focused, good football and look back and laugh. This is still the honeymoon period from that aspect.

Let a ball bounce off his shoulder in the endzone during a critical game, let a few boo's fill his ears and we'll see how hard he wants to make everyone happy in New York.

It's all just a matter of time.

and to me that shows just the exact reason we got rid of him.. if cant have it his way, he whines and takes his toys and goes home.. They'll find out; Plax didnt just mysteriously have a huge change of heart over this offseason Im sure.