Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Tall Tree, Short Rope?

With all the crimes of today and things only seeming to get worst.
Does anyone think that the Laws should be changed to the way they used to do it back in the day of a tall tree, short rope?
If you are convicted of murder I think that is what should happen. Not just for punishment, but to save us as tax payers of having to keep these slime bags up and fed. I know that there wouldnt be Bengals Football Team, but they are wanting a new franchise in L.A. anyway.
What ya think?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Tall Tree, Short Rope?

The sarcasm aside of the bungles, I do believe that utilizing some of the "Old School" laws would do one of two things:

1) deter future criminal acts
2) eliminate society of the scum, alleviating the burden on society of them being in jail

Either way it's win-win.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
[SIZE=2]Does anyone think that the Laws should be changed to the way they used to do it back in the day of a tall tree, short rope? If you are convicted of murder I think that is what should happen. Not just for punishment, but to save us as tax payers of having to keep these slime bags up and fed. What ya think?
And you call yourself a Christian?

Read the news. How many people have had their CONVICTIONS (your word) for murder overturned within the last 10 years by modern forensics and DNA testing?

Our court system is the best we can do, but it isn't perfect. We try, but we get it wrong sometimes.

I tell you what. I'll accept your proposal. But YOU have to be the one doing the hanging. YOU have to choose the tree, YOU throw the rope over it, and YOU look the accused in the eye as you tighten the knot and drop the trapdoor. And then YOU have to stand before your god and explain your actions on your judgement day.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

yeah im with ya if there is no doubt what so ever then yes hang em
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
BaddBoi70
Water Boy

Member Number: 8487

Utilizing today's DNA technology should significantly reduce the "errors" of days gone by! I agree, if you are found guilty of murder, especially a serial murderer, then let's not waste time and money - an Eye for an Eye!
BaddBoi70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Only if there is 100% proof of the crime, even 1 person the is innocent and accidentally executed due to bad evidence is too many.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Our court system is the best we can do, but it isn't perfect. We try, but we get it wrong sometimes.
I undertand that it's not perfect but what bothers me about the current system is that scumbag lawyers utilize weak loopholes in the system to multiple offenders off the cuff, even though there is plenty of evidence to convict the sob's.

Claiming that convicts have some sort of rights. Sorry but your rights were taken away when you took away the rights of an innocent victim.

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I undertand that it's not perfect but what bothers me about the current system is that scumbag lawyers utilize weak loopholes in the system to multiple offenders off the cuff, even though there is plenty of evidence to convict the sob's.

Claiming that convicts have some sort of rights. Sorry but your rights were taken away when you took away the rights of an innocent victim.

Yeah, I didn't expect a free pass. I wish there was a better way, too.

How about revamping our drug laws so that we concentrate on keeping the REAL bad guys out of society? I'm strongly anti-drug, but putting people in jail isn't working.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
How about revamping our drug laws so that we concentrate on keeping the REAL bad guys out of society? I'm strongly anti-drug, but putting people in jail isn't working.
I'm all for it too. However, the problem also stems from failure to enforce current laws on the books, especially with all the loopholes in the system.

I think lawmakers need to go back, fix the loopholes, revamp the letter of the law to have more stringent consequences and then give the authorities the power to enforce them.

Another thing we need to do is stop giving out free passes to athletes, artists, and foreign diplomats (I really hate diplomatic immunity). If you break a law too bad - you get what the average joe gets.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #10
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post

Generalizing a bit aren't we? Actually most proesecutors have conviction rates that are in the mid to high 90%'s There are very few criminals that get OJ's lawyers ---they don't "get off" easily.

The "weak loopholes" you are talking about is probably most often the fourth amendment to the Constitution which prohibits unreasonable search and seizure. That was put in place by the founding fathers to protect our personal liberties---and prevent the government and police from harassing innocent people. No the system isn't perfect, but lets think a bit before we give all of our freedoms back. Because believe it or not---that fourth amendment might be important to you someday.
I guarantee good citizens of a lot of countries in the world would love to have it.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote