Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #31
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Walsh turned over 8 tapes. Steelers included

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Maybe the NFL, Belicheat* and some of you feel the matter should be dropped, but there is a certain PA Senator who doesn't feel that way.
Quote:
From Day 1 of the Spygate saga in September, the controversy over New England's illicit videotaping practices has centered on the Patriots' efforts to steal their opponents' defensive signals. But the tapes delivered via FedEx to NFL headquarters in New York on Thursday morning also include evidence of an effort by New England to steal offensive signals, which would broaden the extent of the team's surveillance operation....Perhaps the surprise entry on the list of videotaping documents Walsh turned over to the league was tape No. 3, labeled "OFF Signals" from New England's game against the Miami Dolphins on Oct. 7, 2001. That is the only tape labeled as such on a copy of the list obtained by ESPN.com...."We don't know [about attempts to steal offensive signals] yet because we haven't looked at the tapes," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday before the league had completed its review of the new evidence. "All we have is the list supplied last night [by Walsh's attorney]. One of them is labeled 'OFF signals.' None of others are listed that way. Let us look at the tapes and we'll have more to say about that."
Quote:
"What we received [Wednesday] night is a list of the eight tapes that were delivered today," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Post-Gazette. "The list indicates that all eight tapes are of opposing coaches' signals, which is consistent with what we already know."
Looks like another Goodell whitewash to me. As far as Specter pursuing the angle of having the league's antitrust exemption stripped if the issue isn't handled to his satisfaction, I don't think it's fair to punish the entire league (including the Steelers) for the actions of one organization full of cheating bastards. In short, yes, I wish the matter would be dropped already.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #32
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

From what I've read, there's no earth shaking news. Walsh had no tape of the Ram walk through, it's like Geraldo and Al Capone's vault. I don't want to beat them in a court room or a board room; I want to beat them on the field the same way they beat Washington and a Buffalo last year.
HughC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #33
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Goodell should suspend Bill Bellicheater for atleast year, that the LEAST he deserves. He deserves to get banned for good aswell. However seeing how he favors these cheaters, the New England Cheatriots will just get docked one draft pick if that. I wonder how many other games Bellicheater and his team of frauds cheated in.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #34
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
I'm just sick of hearing about this junk. If they werent going to do anything to the patriots, what is the big deal about getting the tapes? This is just stupid the way the NFL comish is handling things. I just dont think that he knows really what he is doing. Tagliabue just picked the wrong person for this job this time I think.
This is just all PR Elvis. Goodell was not going to do anything damaging to New England in the 1st place, and he isn't going to do any thing to them now. IMO Goodell has sold 4 Super Bowls very cheaply.

What New England did gave the team a black eye, what Goodell did, and is still doing, gave the NFL a black eye. Fans will not forget.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #35
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Didn't Spector state in an interview a couple months ago that there was illegal taping of the Rams walkthrough. Has he followed up on that at all?
Quote:
but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...ging-walsh-fr/
Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #36
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Didn't Spector state in an interview a couple months ago that there was illegal taping of the Rams walkthrough. Has he followed up on that at all?

As much as I dislike the Patriots, and what they did, I really think the U.S. government has larger problems to take care of other than a football game.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #37
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Quote:
but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.
No, he didn't say that exactly, but I'm not surprised you would take a small part of his statement completely out of context. Here is the full statement:

Quote:
I think ultimately, Rush, if we get enough fire under it, they're going to have to show those letters -- and when they do, they're going to have to change their tune and let Walsh testify, because those reports are looking pretty strong, but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.
The "but" makes no grammatical sense in this statement, so I'm thinking there was an error in the transcription of the interview - seems to me it makes much more sense when said this way:

Quote:
because those reports are looking pretty strong, that there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.
So, Specter believes that the report about Walsh possessing a walkthrough tape was a pretty strong one. I think anybody that isn't a RW&B Kool-Aid drinking Pats* homer probably felt the same way. Big deal.

And as far as Specter "following up," I think he addressed that as well:

Quote:
Specter said he's not sure whether he will call for a senate hearing or not, that he wants to hear Walsh first.

"I'm not going to make any judgment on that until I see how it goes. I think we have to take it a step at a time."
In other words, it appears that Specter is holding his horses until at least Tuesday when Walsh actually speaks. Maybe you should, too. Not to worry, though, when Goodell sweeps the rest of this sordid affair under the rug, you can go back to your little fairy tale world where the Pats* are the bestest, most wonderfulest, most classiest organization in the entire sports world.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote