Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,701
Gender: Male
Member Number: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Agreed, It only takes a few minutes of watching the other major networks and I switch over to Fox. "Global warming" is a perfect example of why I do .... we can examine it issue by issue and Fox is where I usually end up.
LOL.......are you still to ignorant to admit global warming is for real.......Damn, the bush administration has even accpted that it is real...........

Take a look at the science............
__________________
Change Has Come To America
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,416
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 785 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
LOL.......are you still to ignorant to admit global warming is for real.......Damn, the bush administration has even accpted that it is real...........

Take a look at the science............
Yeah, let's take a look:

Quote:
All four agencies that track Earth's temperature (the Hadley Climate Research Unit in Britain, the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, the Christy group at the University of Alabama, and Remote Sensing Systems Inc in California) report that it cooled by about 0.7C in 2007. This is the fastest temperature change in the instrumental record and it puts us back where we were in 1930. If the temperature does not soon recover, we will have to conclude that global warming is over.

There is also plenty of anecdotal evidence that 2007 was exceptionally cold. It snowed in Baghdad for the first time in centuries, the winter in China was simply terrible and the extent of Antarctic sea ice in the austral winter was the greatest on record since James Cook discovered the place in 1770.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...6-7583,00.html

But keep on swallowing the gospel according to Al Gore.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
LOL.......are you still to ignorant to admit global warming is for real.......Damn, the bush administration has even accpted that it is real...........

Take a look at the science............
Are you aware that the earth has cooled by .7 degrees centigrade in the last year? That has reversed in 1 year all of the suppposed efffects of global warming over the last century. The variations of the sun and eccentricities of the earth's rotations have far more to do with temperature variations imo. Also, 95% of greenhouse gases are caused by water, not human activity. There is also more greenhouse gas created by the swamps in the world than human activity. Feel free to call me ignorant if you like. It doesn't change the facts.
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down


Last edited by GBMelBlount; 05-08-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Didn't see your post '76.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,701
Gender: Male
Member Number: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yeah, let's take a look:



http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...6-7583,00.html

But keep on swallowing the gospel according to Al Gore.
And thats the promblem.............Global warming doesnt mean that the world is "GETTING WARMER", it is a global climate change...........

Be humble and watch inconvienent truth.........(maybe you have?)

My favorite example (Plolar Bears are being put on the endangered species list.
Why you ask.............(Because they are losing the land that they live one)..


Oh.......and its not Gore preaching this..........He is not a scientist.......Hes just intelligent enough and open minded enough to listen
__________________
Change Has Come To America
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,416
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 785 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
And thats the promblem.............Global warming doesnt mean that the world is "GETTING WARMER", it is a global climate change...........

Be humble and watch inconvienent truth.........(maybe you have?)

My favorite example (Plolar Bears are being put on the endangered species list.
Why you ask.............(Because they are losing the land that they live one)..


Oh.......and its not Gore preaching this..........He is not a scientist.......Hes just intelligent enough and open minded enough to listen
So "warming" doesn't really mean "warming?" Sounds like he hung around Clinton too long. You're being sold a bill of goods by a fairly large group of environmentalists and scientists pushing an agenda. They don't know any more about what the climate of this planet is going to be like in 50-100 years than you or I do. That's a fact.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
LOL.......are you still to ignorant to admit global warming is for real.......Damn, the bush administration has even accpted that it is real...........

Take a look at the science............

Once again... the parallels are uncanny.

If anyone is too blind to see these parallels, then I am scared to see what this country will look like in 30 years...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,701
Gender: Male
Member Number: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

I think the scientis have a pretty good idea of what is happening........And yes, global warming does not only mean warming.........Sorry.....but true story....One of the proponents of global warming has argued that it should be called "global climate change" (or something like that). because people will only go by the name instead of reading and researching the topic..............Obviously, you have not researched the topic all that much or you would have known this.
__________________
Change Has Come To America
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,416
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 785 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
I think the scientis have a pretty good idea of what is happening........And yes, global warming does not only mean warming.........Sorry.....but true story....One of the proponents of global warming has argued that it should be called "global climate change" (or something like that). because people will only go by the name instead of reading and researching the topic..............Obviously, you have not researched the topic all that much or you would have known this.
Yes, I have researched the topic plenty. Guess what? I found that the climate is in a contant state of flux - always has been, always will be. What's more, these climate models are unable to reverse predict climate patterns that have ALREADY HAPPENED, but I'm supposed to accept their predictions for the future? Sorry, not happening. But you keep the faith that these scientists know exactly what they're talking about. It's that kind of thinking that is why it was accepted as fact that the Earth was flat and the center of the universe for centuries.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #9
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,701
Gender: Male
Member Number: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yes, I have researched the topic plenty. Guess what? I found that the climate is in a contant state of flux - always has been, always will be. What's more, these climate models are unable to reverse predict climate patterns that have ALREADY HAPPENED, but I'm supposed to accept their predictions for the future? Sorry, not happening. But you keep the faith that these scientists know exactly what they're talking about. It's that kind of thinking that is why it was accepted as fact that the Earth was flat and the center of the universe for centuries.
Yes........also that Capernicus did not really see moons around Jupiter so the cathloic chruch sentenced him to house arrest because it wasnt in the bible..
i believe that in 1982 the cathloic church finally accepted that he was right.

Question: How old do you believe the earth is?
__________________
Change Has Come To America
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,416
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 785 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: John McCain: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Yes........also that Capernicus did not really see moons around Jupiter so the cathloic chruch sentenced him to house arrest because it wasnt in the bible..
i believe that in 1982 the cathloic church finally accepted that he was right.

Question: How old do you believe the earth is?
I believe the Earth to be several billion years old, personally. Which is what makes predicting future climate patterns (which contain HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of variables) all the more trickier - these models typically only use statistical samples of weather patterns over the last several hundred years at the MOST - not a large enough sample to make an accurate prediction for a planet that is several billion years old, sorry. And considering the hundreds of millions of variables involved in the Earth's climate, it's extremely difficult (if not impossible, even with the supercomputers currently available) to make accurate predictions based on the changing of one or even several variables (greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, in this case). There's still a bit too much Kentucky windage and guesswork involved in the prediction of future climate patterns for me to take them at face value without questioning them.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts