Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #521
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts
Default Re: What Are You Listening To Now .... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
And Justice For All was awesome! Blackened is my fave on that album! (Try playing that on Rock Band! I'm always on bass.)

I've been to one concert and had an incredible time in the 9th row! The flames were hot as a MF'er! Thought I would be the oldest dude there, but no F'n way!

That said, I have every album/CD and find greatness in each.

No Leaf Clover - Metallica

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just the freight train coming your way!"
saw em 3 times between 92-93 after they blew up and made it big. i'll tell you what, the best band ive ever seen live. when they play their older stuf they rock it harder than ever.

el paso was their solo tour which was about a 3 and a half hour show. each member took the stage by themself and did about a 15 minute solo. lars on the drums was a FREAK and rivaled anything tommy lee ever did.

james and kirk had a little duel. james got blown away and walked off the stage which led to kirks solo. kirk showed how all those lessons from satriani payed off. he did some very classical stuff. dudes got mad skillz.

newstead ripped it up on the bass and did some funk, blues, jazz and of course thrashed it.

in las cruces was the HUGE summer tour with faith no more and guns in roses. it was the tour where those huge flames you talked about burned james' arm to hell. they had the megadeath guitarist fill in. i catered that show, so got paid to watch it for free. backstage passes and all. ( is set up their room with all the food and alcohol) bumped into kirk carrying his guitar through the skinny hallway. AWESOME! we listened to the final song "greenhell" from behind the stage, and cheered them and told them they f'in rocked as they walked off. each one was like "thanks guys".

albuquerque was with suicidal tendencies, fight, and candlebox. once again metallica stole the show. i would go see them anytime. hugest mosh pit ive ever seen. 5000+ jammed tight to the stage. it got pretty tight and we got the hell out of there (took about 20 minutes to squeeze through. huge pockets of flat out fighting were breaking out everywhere. i thought it was gonna get bad.

im jammin some channel 124 on sirius. pat and tim- moving the chains.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #522
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

TH,

Damn! I can only imagine how awesome that was to be there for the early days! Thanks for sharing the experience! I re-read your post, and transported myself back for the vicarious experience!

Right now it's "Si Tu Te Vas" from Los Temerarios. I love Mexican music!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #523
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

SI TU TE VAS? If you go? Go with you? My Spanish is real rusty...but I think that's what it means.

Been listening to Incubus and Daughtery all day.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 AM   #524
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Fire lake-Bob Seger

(love The Eagles background vocals)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:28 AM   #525
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

The Browns Lose again.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #526
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fall Down
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #527
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
saw em 3 times between 92-93 after they blew up and made it big. i'll tell you what, the best band ive ever seen live. when they play their older stuf they rock it harder than ever.
I saw them in 1988 *cough cough* on the Monsters of Rock tour (with Kingdom Come - remember them? Dokken, The Scorpions and Van Halen headlining ) At the time, Metallica was writiing and recording And Justice For All while on the road - it was just after Jason joined the band. They kicked A$$ cuz they were still raw, hungry and young lol

NP: Suite: Madame Blue ~ Styx

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #528
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Great tune! I have Dulcinea and used to listen to that CD all the time in the 90's.

NP - Learning to fly - Pink Floyd

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #529
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
I saw them in 1988 *cough cough* on the Monsters of Rock tour (with Kingdom Come - remember them? Dokken, The Scorpions and Van Halen headlining ) At the time, Metallica was writiing and recording And Justice For All while on the road - it was just after Jason joined the band. They kicked A$$ cuz they were still raw, hungry and young lol

NP: Suite: Madame Blue ~ Styx
that was a huge show playing in huge venues with very few dates. (i think about 12). the closest they came to me was denver (9 hr drive). i just so happened to be visiting my dad in colorado springs but missed it by about a week.

speaking of the scorpions, i also catered this video for "under the same sun" out at white sands (which is 9 miles away)-

[YOUTUBE]vf9_Mg4IO5E[/YOUTUBE]

awesome experience! watch the clouds in the video (which took about 5-6 hours to shoot). it couldnt have been planned more perfectly to set the mood and tempo of the song and story it told. the day started out like it was gonna be sunny with clear skies. the beginning of the video is bright but then it turns ominously darker. it almost looks like effects but it was all natural, even all the wind and sand that was blowing. even the lightning bolt. (lol at the aluminum foil soccer ball)

it was a small set with about 40 people (and a horse). the guys were totally cool. after we served them lunch they had no problems with us sitting down and eating with them. we talked about the weather and the world of difference between the climate and scenery between new mexico and germany.

i got a kick ass picture after the shoot with the band in front of the drums and the guys holding their instruments. klause meine had his arm around my shoulder like we were brothers (he's gotta be only 5 feet tall). being that i was the typical metalhead, i looked like the frontman of the band.

catering is an excellent job. axl rose was a primadonna asshole so i served his 2 bottles of dom chilled in a generic salad bowl and stole his ashtray. my boss was pissed. i got the cheese platter into "faith no more"s room after they got off the set. i asked if they still wanted it and the bassist with the dreads musta thought i was some fanboy cause he asked if i was gonna rub it on his feet. dick. i lookd at the drummer, said "maybe he will", set down the platter and walked out.

that production crew was in the hundereds (lots of people to feed). duff was cool and ate with all the workers, but it was no suprise that metallica were the coolest and most down to earth of the bunch.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #530
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 1,344 Times in 617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Awesome song!!

"Spreading the Disease" - Queensryche