Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Lightbulb Your Take on The AFC North in '08?

I would like to start us off looking at the basement landers of a year ago... The Mighty Baltimore Ravens

Draft Picks of Note:
QB Joe Flacco Will the young man be the starter by the end of september or sooner? Big arm and good size.. I guess we will see if the competition makes a difference.
RB Ray Rice I honestly think that this young man is used up pretty much. He had huge numbers in attempts in college and that could take a tole on his pro career. I really think that he might struggle because of the size ratio that he carries and the style the Ravens offense plays.
LB Tavares Gooden This is gonna be their best choice in my opinion. The guy coming from the U has all the speed in the world for a LB and he will be tutored by one of the best in the business in Ray Lewis. This guy just makes tackles and the Ravens are gonna love this guy.
S Tom Zbrikowski Will be a nice addition to their secondary and could be a nice partner to FS Ed Reed
OT Oniel Cousins According to some mock drafts could have been drafted in the early to mid 2nd. He could be a bargain in the 4th I think.

I just wonder how long it is going to take Boler to lose his job? Lets hear what ya'll think about the Ravens and be professional about it
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Your Take on The AFC North in '08?

baltimore has troy smith too. so they seem pretty set at qb now with flaco too.

however i think the bengals will be the bottom this year with everything that has happen to that team.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Good point TMB.. Troy Smith could very well be the starter there as well.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Good point TMB.. Troy Smith could very well be the starter there as well.
How good do you think Troy Smith can be?
Old 05-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Now lets look at the Cincinnati Bengals:

Draft Picks to Mention
LB Keith Rivers Has got all the talent you look for in a backer, but will the Bengals ruin another good talent? This guy is a monster if they can get him to play 110% every play.
WR Jerome SImpson Guy makes great plays and is coming into a good situation where he might get a chance to play early on.
DT Pat Sims Is a big lineman that the Bengals got lucky to get in the 3rd round. This guy is very good against the run.
WR Andre Caldwell Just another Florida Gator reciever?
OT Anthony Collins Good depth pick for the Bengals

I think that the Bengals biggest moves were in the free agency period with the additions of WR Maurice Purify from Nebraska and Doug Gabriel from the Raiders, this guy has potential if he will just live it out. Also WR Mario Urratia is a very nice talent as a free agent signee.
These Bengals could be very potent on offense, but their defense has alot of work to do to get back to the play-offs I believe, but OLB Keith Rivers is a nice start along with DB Leon Hall from last years draft. And like it or not, T.J. and C.J. are a very tough matchup for anyone on offense.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
How good do you think Troy Smith can be?
Smith is really a nice athelete that can get out of the pocket and make plays. The guy played in big games at Ohio State as well. The Ravens would be smart to play whoever at QB with a nice stout defense and a good running game. The Ravens are still pretty good on defense and with the best FS in the business they can still play..
Old 05-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

1. Steelers
2. Browns

3. (That space was intentional, as the drop-off is steep) Rats
4. Bungs
Old 05-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

ravens with a solid QB can be an 8-8 team. and I think flacco may be that. he's obviously not ready to start week 1, but say by week 8 he could be starting and the ravens won't be a soft team.

their D is very good, it was too injured last year, their offense is not that bad, there are worse offenses right now. I think flacco might be the savior of that franchise.

something derrick mason said made think this....

Quote:
Ravens WR Derrick Mason came away impressed with rookie QB Joe Flacco after this week's practice.
"The one pass he threw to Mark [Clayton], I think it was 50 yards down the field in the air, and he put it on target. The way he commanded the huddle, I think that speaks volumes about him. He’s a big guy, he can throw the ball and he can put it on target."
just saying...watch out for the ratbirds, they could surprise. or at least dont overlook them

Quote:
1. Steelers
2. Browns

3. (That space was intentional, as the drop-off is steep) Rats
4. Bungs
yeah, seems about right
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

With Joe Flacco and Troy Smith, Boller is bound to lose the starting job in September. There is a good possibility that Boller isn't even the starter on opening day (especially with a poor showing in the offseason).
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

hmm im pretty worried about cleveland and absolutely LOVE their pick of beau bell.

as much as i love troy smith i will conclude that joe flacco will be the starter by midseason or maybe even the beggining of the season...

the bengals i am also worried about just not nearly as much as the other two... the bengals still have carson palmer, chad johnson and TJ and have a young defense that needs to fill some holes... their offense should lead them to a few wins... (don't count out rudi johnson just yet)

1. Browns
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Bengals

I personally think the AFC north is the toughest division in football and we should make the playoffs as the 6 or 5 seed..