Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Your Take on The AFC North in '08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
With the amount of parity in the NFL, I would be worried about every team in the division.
true

except for the bengals of course
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

The Steelers and browns will be the only ones over .500

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #23
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Steelers 11 - 5
Browns 9- 7
Ravens 6-10
Bengals 5 - 11
Old 05-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #24
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,656 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
true

except for the bengals of course
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #25
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

here is my prediction

steelers w/ 10+ wins they won it last yr and deserve to be up there and i liked there draft to help out the off

browns w/ 8+ wins did do a good job and going out to help the team getting 2 fat asses to help stop the run and stallworth to play opp of edwards

ravens will have a hard yr w/ not having a secure qb to lead the team.. i bet we will see all 3 qb's start this yr and that will mess up there season and ray ray will have to make a choice of 2 stay or leave and go to a SB contender team

bengals will have no off since henry is gone and cj will sit out.. evry team will double TJ. and they have no other weps on off.. rudi is too old.. then TJ has to make a decision whether to stay w/ the bungles or leave. and the def is ok but still won't make a diff

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #26
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

I think the Steelers have another playoff team this year, the question is will they be on top the division.

I don't think it's any stretch to think the Browns could win 10+ games this year. If the D can contribute, the W column will outweigh the L.

The Bengals should have a decent season if Chad gets into camp and none of the other players commit felonies. They could very well be in the playoff hunt by seasons end.

The Ravens are going to have a rough year. Their window closed after that great season two years ago, I'll be surprised if they break .500 this year.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #27
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Good to see ya around jdawg.. I cant honsetly see how the Browns are gonna do any better against our schedule than the steelers are . We have the same practical schedule... and we finished ahead of the Browns because of our 2 wins vs them. I see both of our teams being around the same record, but the difference might be the games that we both should win.. will we win or not?.. We lost a couple games last year that there was no reason why the steelers should have lost and I am sure you feel the same way dawg.. good luck to you guys..
GO STEELERS!!
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #28
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Now for our Pittsburgh Steelers

Draft Notables:
RB Rashard Mendenhall
I just love the fact that the steelers didnt reach for an OT here like some teams did. I think that Mendenhall will prove to be a nice addition to our backfield with Willie getting some time on the sideline and not having to carry the ball 25 or 30 times a game. If Mendenhall can get 10-15 carries a game we could be looking at 2 1,000 yard rushers in the steele town.
WR Limas Sweed
This guy I hope will be our next "Better than Plexiglass". This guy has all the tools the steelers need to finish off a great recieving corp. He can be our endzone guy that we have been lacking... what?.. I thought Heath Miller does a pretty good job if Ben would just look for him more. But Limas should help out a whole lot over the middle and down the field.
OLB Bruce Davis
At first, I didnt really like this pick. But the more I see him on youtube and hear what the coaches are saying about him, it sounds like he is gonna be a nice addition to our LBing corp as well as special teams. The guy is very quick on his feet and gets after the ball where ever it might be on the field.
OT Tony Hills
Dont know alot about this guy, but everyone seems to think that he could stick on our roster for a while.
QB Dennis Dixon
It is very easy to question this pick, but I love the way this guy runs around and makes plays on the run.. kind of sounds familiar huh?... This young man will not have to play for a while and he will be a good practice guy against some of the other atheletic QB's we might face.

I think that I am willing to say that the steelers might suprise some teams this upcoming season. Now, I know that we have a tough schedule coming up and we are gonna have to play alot better than we did last season. But, I also think that our players will be better this year with the experience they gained. Especially S Anthony Smith and LB Lamar Woodley on defense and WR Santonio Holmes and OL Willie Colon and Chris Keomateau. I think these off. linemen will be more adjusted if the steelers coaches will put them in a position and let them stay there. I dont see how you can keep moving linemen around and can honestly think that they are gonna gel together.
Rashard is gonna help Willie keeping him fresher late in the games and you dont have to worry about Rashard not being able to block for Ben on 3rd downs, so that means he can be used all 3 downs if need be. I look for a lot of 3 WR sets this upcoming season myself, because we have 3 very talented recievers on our team that needs to be used.
I also would like to see us use Dan Kreider back at FB but it doesnt look like the steelers are even gonna resign him.

Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #29
steelymcmatt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8255

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
here is my prediction

steelers w/ 10+ wins they won it last yr and deserve to be up there and i liked there draft to help out the off

browns w/ 8+ wins did do a good job and going out to help the team getting 2 fat asses to help stop the run and stallworth to play opp of edwards

ravens will have a hard yr w/ not having a secure qb to lead the team.. i bet we will see all 3 qb's start this yr and that will mess up there season and ray ray will have to make a choice of 2 stay or leave and go to a SB contender team

bengals will have no off since henry is gone and cj will sit out.. evry team will double TJ. and they have no other weps on off.. rudi is too old.. then TJ has to make a decision whether to stay w/ the bungles or leave. and the def is ok but still won't make a diff
I believe the Steelers will win the division with 9-10 wins. I really like what we did with our offense between shoring up the o-line, adding a solid complement to Willie and getting another downfield threat. We're going to be okay defensively as long as we don't get hit with all the injuries we did last year.

I see our biggest competition this year as the ratbirds. This was a team that was picked by many as one of the top teams in the division a year ago but was DECIMATED by injuries. I think Flacco wins the starting job in training camp and does a solid job of managing the offense. Ray and Suggs know they are playing for contracts so they're both going balls out all year....one will be back next season, the other won't. I predict a split with them this year.

Everytime I hear someone talk about the Browns I think back to a year ago and all the buzz around the Jets. Are they on the right track? sure! but I think some of their success had to do with a weak schedule, and I wont be suprised at all to see them struggle the way the Jets did this year. BTW, I'm not convinced we won't see Brady as the starting QB by the end of the year. I think we split our two with them as well.

I'm not sure our beloved Bungles are ever going to see the light of day under Marvin. Chad will play this year, but he's going to be a pain in the arse while doing it. TJ is going to be equally unhappy since he's not getting the contract he wants, which leaves Carson to wonder what karma god he pissed off! We'll beat them both times we face them this year!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm not sure why everyone is bashing the Browns. They did nothing to hurt themselves offensively, and they will have a real QB battle in camp that will only make that side of the ball better...they will be solid if not spectacular on offense.

But the biggest difference will be defensively. By adding 2 DL who actually know how to play football, they will actually be able to execute the 3-4. They upgraded at LB, and, the truth is, without adequate DL last year, it's hard to actually know how good their LB corps really is. We know Wimbley is a stud, and I expect him to have a monstrous year. They lack depth in the secondary, but they should be able to compensate with increased pressure on the QB, and they will definitely be much upgraded against the run. They lost a bunch of games last year because their defense blew, and I suspect the gains they made defensively will make them good enough to compete with any team in the NFL week in and week out.