Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

I think its based basically on the fact that some organizations just wont take that chance on players w/ questionable backgrounds becuz of the chance of getting bit in the ass if it doesnt work out.

There are exceptions to the rule, obviously, but the Steelers play it safe, and we've had some pretty darn good players over the years who dont have alot of baggage.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Overall, they are pretty much right on...how many times have the Steelers picked up a poisonous player? And, when they did make a mistake, how long did those players usually last. Think Bam Morris or Tim Worley. The Steelers know how to pick quality players, and, when they screw up, they know how to cut and run...

They also managed to win all through the new FA era without losing their credibility or character.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

The Steelers Run The Classiest Organization the NFL. I don't recall any of our boys getting arrested for some dumb ass act. and I am extremely Proud To Be A Fan

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:34 AM   #14
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Overall, they are pretty much right on...how many times have the Steelers picked up a poisonous player? And, when they did make a mistake, how long did those players usually last. Think Bam Morris or Tim Worley. The Steelers know how to pick quality players, and, when they screw up, they know how to cut and run...

They also managed to win all through the new FA era without losing their credibility or character.

Even back in the 90s when we were losing FA's quicker than a 5.00 hooker runs outta condoms on a saturday nite... we still managed to stay our ground, be competitive and not compromise.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I guess this article was written with Steelers fans very much in mind - although I have long been a fan of the way the Steelers run their organisation.

I think its fair to say, and I have mentioned this in the past, that the Patriots have modelled themselves on the Steelers philosophically.

What has been the main difference over the last few years as regards SB wins has been down to two things - having the most tactically astute coach in football - and also having the best QB in football.

There was alot of talk about the nature of Corey Dillons move - 'just wait til we start losing' was all we heard - well we have suffered enough losses this season and there has not been a negative peep from the man Dillon - he has been a warrior coming out and playing injured for us.

Maybe I am a perfectionist - but its not enough to just win - you have to win right.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

I agree, the Pats generally run the team as good as anybody if not better. BB is an excellent judge of players that fit his system !!

I agree though, the difference in SB runs has been coaching. BB will devise a game plan on offense the exploit the weakness of the opposing defense.

The steelers generally dance w/ what brought em there..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. If there is 1 knock on cowher, that would be it..need more game planning in the big games . There is something to be said for doing it both ways, but I think if BC would just implement alittle something different, it might put us over the hump.

I love BC and the way he coaches and I wouldnt trade him for any coach in the league, period..but pasts' point is well taken.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #17
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
What has been the main difference over the last few years as regards SB wins has been down to two things - having the most tactically astute coach in football - and also having the best QB in football.

There was alot of talk about the nature of Corey Dillons move - 'just wait til we start losing' was all we heard - well we have suffered enough losses this season and there has not been a negative peep from the man Dillon - he has been a warrior coming out and playing injured for us.
NM

I think a lot of the Patriots' success is also due to Charlie Weis - maybe even more than BB. But yeah, the Pat's coaching has definitely been an advantage - and Brady goes without saying. A good coach also knows how to make a player shape-up too. The Pats have accomplished that with Corey Dillon.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #18
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I agree, the Pats generally run the team as good as anybody if not better. BB is an excellent judge of players that fit his system !!

I agree though, the difference in SB runs has been coaching. BB will devise a game plan on offense the exploit the weakness of the opposing defense.

The steelers generally dance w/ what brought em there..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. If there is 1 knock on cowher, that would be it..need more game planning in the big games . There is something to be said for doing it both ways, but I think if BC would just implement alittle something different, it might put us over the hump.

I love BC and the way he coaches and I wouldnt trade him for any coach in the league, period..but pasts' point is well taken.

Yeah Belichick is a great coach, but he's a littly too smarmy for Pittsburgh. I think Cowher better suits us, for better or worse.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote