Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

I think its based basically on the fact that some organizations just wont take that chance on players w/ questionable backgrounds becuz of the chance of getting bit in the ass if it doesnt work out.

There are exceptions to the rule, obviously, but the Steelers play it safe, and we've had some pretty darn good players over the years who dont have alot of baggage.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

Overall, they are pretty much right on...how many times have the Steelers picked up a poisonous player? And, when they did make a mistake, how long did those players usually last. Think Bam Morris or Tim Worley. The Steelers know how to pick quality players, and, when they screw up, they know how to cut and run...

They also managed to win all through the new FA era without losing their credibility or character.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

The Steelers Run The Classiest Organization the NFL. I don't recall any of our boys getting arrested for some dumb ass act. and I am extremely Proud To Be A Fan
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:34 AM   #14
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Overall, they are pretty much right on...how many times have the Steelers picked up a poisonous player? And, when they did make a mistake, how long did those players usually last. Think Bam Morris or Tim Worley. The Steelers know how to pick quality players, and, when they screw up, they know how to cut and run...

They also managed to win all through the new FA era without losing their credibility or character.

Even back in the 90s when we were losing FA's quicker than a 5.00 hooker runs outta condoms on a saturday nite... we still managed to stay our ground, be competitive and not compromise.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

I guess this article was written with Steelers fans very much in mind - although I have long been a fan of the way the Steelers run their organisation.

I think its fair to say, and I have mentioned this in the past, that the Patriots have modelled themselves on the Steelers philosophically.

What has been the main difference over the last few years as regards SB wins has been down to two things - having the most tactically astute coach in football - and also having the best QB in football.

There was alot of talk about the nature of Corey Dillons move - 'just wait til we start losing' was all we heard - well we have suffered enough losses this season and there has not been a negative peep from the man Dillon - he has been a warrior coming out and playing injured for us.

Maybe I am a perfectionist - but its not enough to just win - you have to win right.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

I agree, the Pats generally run the team as good as anybody if not better. BB is an excellent judge of players that fit his system !!

I agree though, the difference in SB runs has been coaching. BB will devise a game plan on offense the exploit the weakness of the opposing defense.

The steelers generally dance w/ what brought em there..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. If there is 1 knock on cowher, that would be it..need more game planning in the big games . There is something to be said for doing it both ways, but I think if BC would just implement alittle something different, it might put us over the hump.

I love BC and the way he coaches and I wouldnt trade him for any coach in the league, period..but pasts' point is well taken.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #17
I.C. Lights
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 573
Member Number: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
What has been the main difference over the last few years as regards SB wins has been down to two things - having the most tactically astute coach in football - and also having the best QB in football.

There was alot of talk about the nature of Corey Dillons move - 'just wait til we start losing' was all we heard - well we have suffered enough losses this season and there has not been a negative peep from the man Dillon - he has been a warrior coming out and playing injured for us.
NM

I think a lot of the Patriots' success is also due to Charlie Weis - maybe even more than BB. But yeah, the Pat's coaching has definitely been an advantage - and Brady goes without saying. A good coach also knows how to make a player shape-up too. The Pats have accomplished that with Corey Dillon.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #18
I.C. Lights
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 573
Member Number: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Good article on why its Good to be a Steeler Fan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I agree, the Pats generally run the team as good as anybody if not better. BB is an excellent judge of players that fit his system !!

I agree though, the difference in SB runs has been coaching. BB will devise a game plan on offense the exploit the weakness of the opposing defense.

The steelers generally dance w/ what brought em there..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. If there is 1 knock on cowher, that would be it..need more game planning in the big games . There is something to be said for doing it both ways, but I think if BC would just implement alittle something different, it might put us over the hump.

I love BC and the way he coaches and I wouldnt trade him for any coach in the league, period..but pasts' point is well taken.

Yeah Belichick is a great coach, but he's a littly too smarmy for Pittsburgh. I think Cowher better suits us, for better or worse.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts