Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,075 Times in 2,614 Posts
Talking The Boston Herald Kicks @$$!!!

according to the patsies the fishwrap singlehandedly sabatoged and ruind their quest for perfection.

in an ultra classy fashion they issued a 2 page apology with a giant

SORRY
PATS

on a photograph of an arm holding the lombardi trophy. (an arm that was undoubtedly eli mannings)

and now this absolute gem of a piece-

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...icleid=1094171

on matt walsh witnessing the rams walk thru
Quote:
"It was a matter of some importance.”

Not here. Not in New England, now the official home of yahoos, hero worshipers and gutless suck-ups. To this entire group, it was all about whether there was a tape; anything else doesn’t matter so much.
Quote:
As you are a member of the public, we strongly urge you to review all media stories (particularly this continuously developing one) with a cynical and skeptical eye. Try to discern which members of the media show up to work wearing Patriots Super Bowl jackets, and which of your pathetic, repressed middle-aged neighbors wear their Tedy Bruschi jerseys on Sundays.

Meanwhile, take time to wonder if those same neighbors are blogging and posting on message boards while spending hours on hold so they might hear their voices on the radio.

Listen, mom!

Just like karaoke!

These are the people who preserve the sports fantasy world that justifies their own sorry existence.
Quote:
Publicly, the Pats will make it seem as if they regard media coverage as a distraction and obstacle to their on-field success. Privately, the Pats will be upset when they feel the Red Sox are getting too much coverage, regardless of which team has won more titles in the past four years. Nice strategy there.

Talk about being insecure.
Quote:
Whether or not you think it was the Rams’ fault for not kicking Walsh off of the field during their walkthrough, if a reporter buried a lead like that, he wouldn’t be a reporter.

Come to think of it, he’d probably be commissioner of the NFL.
Quote:
You can choose to believe either the Patriots or their critics, but make one promise to yourself if you choose the former.

Wash your official NFL-licensed Patriots underwear.

After a while, most everything gets dirty.
i cant believe every pattycake is threatenning to boycot their local rag. i think im going to subscribe!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: The Boston Herald Kicks @$$!!!

And here I thought they always used "slights against them" as "bulletin board material" and "fuel for winning?" They're a bunch of gutless, cheating chokers, and the Giants proved as much. The Walsh story breaking the day before SB XLII was the reason they lost? Funny, but I thought it was the Giants' D-line kicking Brady's ass all over the field that was the difference, but hey, that's just me.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

wow even boston hates the pats ... YES!

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Pretty good article. Would hate to see an article like that about my team from a home town paper. Where theres smoke, theres usually fire.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Tony, were you by any chance responsible for this comment at the end of the article (page 15 of comments section)? The reason I ask is due to the usage of "patsies" in your post and in the comment.

Quote:
tc1631

Bravo, Mr. Massarotti. You have made a principled attempt to actually report the TRUTH (shocking, isn't it?), rather than the pro-Patriots pablum that the Patsies on this message board will inevitably demand. Bottom line, Patsies: your beloved team CHEATED, from the very beginning of Belichick's tenure, and they KNEW that they were cheating. They did it anyway. These are facts, and the Patriots so-called "championships" are completely tainted by this. But hey, don\\\'t let the facts get in the way of your pro-Patriots arguments.

#288221 - May 15, 2008 12:34 PM EDT

Last edited by fansince'76; 05-15-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,075 Times in 2,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Tony, were you by any chance responsible for this comment at the end of the article (page 15 of comments section)? The reason I ask is due to the usage of "patsies" in your post and in the comment.

wow, and the timing of the posts coincides too!

no, i cant take credit but i did think about writing a post under the article to offer my applause and congrats (and to piss the delusional). however, im more into the instant gratification and dont have the patience to wait for the confirmation e-mail granting me access to the forum.

tc1631 (took the words right outta my mouth)
Old 05-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Meanwhile, take time to wonder if those same neighbors are blogging and posting on message boards while spending hours on hold so they might hear their voices on the radio.

Listen, mom!

Just like karaoke!
Thats some funny shiat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Thats some funny shiat.
Quote:
Patriots coach Bill Belichick gives Christmas gifts and holiday cards to some members of the media, cyanide-tipped glares to others. You’re either a Belichicklet or you are not, and there is no base-level membership.

If you’re going to buy in, you have to sell out.
"Belichicklet" - priceless! This is some Pulitzer Prize-worthy stuff!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
wow even boston hates the pats ... YES!
The few people I know from NE are shaking thier heads over this. Most are still loyal to the Pats but are at least somewhat apologetic as opposed to your garden variety tool that comes on to our board. They know they worship a scam of a team but are so lacking in self esteem that they will grab on to anything to make them feel like they aren't a loser too. I doubt any of these clowns feel much pride in claiming the patsies right now.

The truly pathetic patsie fans are the only ones who come to a Steelers message board.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Great stuff!!