Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default What's with the Democrats?

Not to confuse the masses, but if one of the Democratic Parties candidates are so worried that everybody’s vote should count , even those in Michigan and Florida, who held their election before they were supposed to and Senator Barack Obama's name was not even on the Michigan ballot to be a choice. All Candidates said they would not count those votes. Now one Sen. Clinton wants to have them count knowing full well her oppositions name was not even on the Michigan ballot to be voted on.

But going a step further: if all votes count the same, one person one vote, for the candidate of your choice. Why do the super candidates get to vote twice? Everybody gets one vote for the candidate of their choice, but others receive two votes, sounds elitist to me, not very democratic as they claim.

Just some fuel for thought.

and My humble opinion.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: What's with the Democrats?

Im not sure whats wrong with Democrats.
However, I dont understand why the states did this......They should have to vote again or something....All votes should count......I really dont understand it...They should just vote again......
Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

It's these kind of shenanigans that makes me not even want to bother to vote.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #4
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

everything

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:22 AM   #5
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
everything
Get back at me when you're actually old enought to vote.

That said. If Clinton is willing to reconcile the Michigan and Florida primary elections, she'll divide the democratic party and only weaken Obama and the party as a whole during the election. In that case, she cares only for her own political image and not the welfare of the party as a whole, which is no surprise.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post

That said. If Clinton is willing to reconcile the Michigan and Florida primary elections, she'll divide the democratic party and only weaken Obama and the party as a whole during the election. In that case, she cares only for her own political image and not the welfare of the party as a whole, which is no surprise.
I don't really see how she can win at this point. But, as has been said earlier, until she is officially out, NEVER underestimate the power of the Clinton political machine. I think that her (& Bill) may have something up their sleeve. They are quite resourceful you know........ I still think the dem's have plenty of time to "consolidate" though.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,390 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Kinda funny coming from someone who is barely of voting age himself.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
NEVER underestimate the power of the Clinton political machine. I think that her (& Bill) may have something up their sleeve. They are quite resourceful you know........
Yes they are. Ask the family of Vince Foster.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Hillary can't get out of the race now, she's too much in debt and needs to conintue to raise money to make up her loans to her campaign. She must be miserable knowing she is losing this thing, but she has to stay the coarse or eat the cash. Clintons dont enjoy losing money.

However, I believe if Obama is the nominee, Hillary will not be a very strong supporter and there may be some effort, by the people who support her, like Carville and the likes, to hurt Obama, maybe report a little more on the Wright thing or dig up more dirt. She'll try again in 2012 if McCain wins, cause McCain is not a 2 term guy. He's too old to hold the position for 8 years. So I believe she's already eyeing the 2012 election season, but she can't run in 2012 if Obama is the POTUS.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,505 Times in 3,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Hillary can't get out of the race now, she's too much in debt and needs to conintue to raise money to make up her loans to her campaign. She must be miserable knowing she is losing this thing, but she has to stay the coarse or eat the cash. Clintons dont enjoy losing money.

However, I believe if Obama is the nominee, Hillary will not be a very strong supporter and there may be some effort, by the people who support her, like Carville and the likes, to hurt Obama, maybe report a little more on the Wright thing or dig up more dirt. She'll try again in 2012 if McCain wins, cause McCain is not a 2 term guy. He's too old to hold the position for 8 years. So I believe she's already eyeing the 2012 election season, but she can't run in 2012 if Obama is the POTUS.
Why would anyone continue to contribute to a candidate who will not be the nominee?

To quote the late great Hunter S. Thompson, Hillary has as much chance of paying off her loans to herself through others contributing to her current campaign as "a farmer with terminal cancer trying to borrow money on next year's crop."

Here are more plausible repayment scenarios:

Obama himself has left open the door to helping Hillary Clinton pay off her campaign debts. But this does not mean giving her the money directly, either as a contribution or from his campaign funds. Obama, like everyone else, is limited to giving a federal candidate $2,300 in each the primary and the general election; his PAC may donate $5,000 to other federal candidates. What most people anticipate is that he would help her pay off the debt by asking his own contributors to chip in (with new contributions), or perhaps headlining a fundraiser or series of fundraisers for her.

As to the personal loan that she has made: Rich candidates have often loaned themselves money, and then asked their contributors to make them whole. If that is done in the course of a campaign, it may simply be a measure of how enthusiastic people are about someone's candidacy. What the McCain-Feingold law aimed to stop was deep-pocketed pols making themselves a big loan, and then--after (presumably winning) an election--going back and pressuring people to give them money to pay back the loan. Even if she loses, Hillary Clinton will still be a Senator after all this is over; there will be plenty of special interests who might see it in their interest to help her through this financial squeeze.

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2...lint.html#more
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote