Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

I just got through watching the AFC Tittle Game of '06 against the Broncos and I tell ya one thing... I miss those 2 players and I know that our defense does as well. Chris Hope meant a whole lot more to our defense than what I would have ever thought. Troy Polomalu was all over the field in that game and the Colts game as well... and now Troy is having to stay back and help out alot more with our FS situation being the way it was last year. Joey Porter was just the man that got our team ready to play and he was a great leader and took alot of pressure off our other players...
Does anyone else miss them like I do?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
NJarhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,451
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
I just got through watching the AFC Tittle Game of '06 against the Broncos and I tell ya one thing... I miss those 2 players and I know that our defense does as well. Chris Hope meant a whole lot more to our defense than what I would have ever thought. Troy Polomalu was all over the field in that game and the Colts game as well... and now Troy is having to stay back and help out alot more with our FS situation being the way it was last year. Joey Porter was just the man that got our team ready to play and he was a great leader and took alot of pressure off our other players...
Does anyone else miss them like I do?
I miss JP very much. I added his jersey to my wall.....sometimes I cry into it.
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

I treasure the memories of Joey, but it was time to move on.

Chris Hope probably meant more to our defense than we realize...well...maybe we do now.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 105,256
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,392
Thanked 3,934 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Got to love the past them two guys made some outstanding plays.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

I don't miss them, per se, but I value their accomplishments with the Steelers and appreciate their contributions to the team and the organization.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

I miss a Joey Porter... In His Prime....

but not the Joey Porter of last year.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
NJarhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,451
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I don't miss them, per se, but I value their accomplishments with the Steelers and appreciate their contributions to the team and the organization.
I always felt confident with JP out there. He was fearless. Unfortunately, I'll never forget when he blew the tackle (got tossed aside) on Kellen Winslow Jr. I was crushed. Greg Lloyd and Joey Porter are two of my all time favorites. I love the intensity (in all forms) they brought to each game. Wish they both could have retired Steelers, having never played for anyone else (add Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake to that list).
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
Elvis
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Chris Hope was the one that took care of everything while Troy was making all the plays around the line of scrimmage. I havent heard alot about him.. is he still with Tennessee?.
Who in a Steelers uniform today has the enthusiasm and relentless hustle like Joey Porter had? Nobody except Tyrone Carter that cant back anything up or Anthony Smith to speak.

Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
NV STEELERS 723's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,093
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2572
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Yea Peezy always backed up his talk... At work 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to run into Peezy and talk to him for a few minutes...he is really a nice guy, and he saw my STEELERS lanyard w/ my airport badge on it and said "your allright w/ me" ! He is freaking huge!!!

We grew up 90 miles from each other in CA.... so we were chatting about the San Joaquin Valley, and about our respective high schools.. He went to Foothill HS in Bakersfield...

Peezy was the man...he will always be missed, and I will still wear his jersey!
__________________
" If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player , and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler" - Jack Lambert
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
NJarhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,451
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: I Miss Joey Porter and Chris Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
Yea Peezy always backed up his talk... At work 2 weeks ago I was lucky enough to run into Peezy and talk to him for a few minutes...he is really a nice guy, and he saw my STEELERS lanyard w/ my airport badge on it and said "your allright w/ me" ! He is freaking huge!!!

We grew up 90 miles from each other in CA.... so we were chatting about the San Joaquin Valley, and about our respective high schools.. He went to Foothill HS in Bakersfield...

Peezy was the man...he will always be missed, and I will still wear his jersey!
That is awesome and I am jealous. .........
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts