Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Why is it so easy to forget?

I Could Not Imagine!!

Is it just me or does most americans, including myself, just take for granted that our troops are giving their lives every day for someone like me? These ladies and gentlemen are putting their lives on the line every second that they are over in Iraq now'a'days. I know that I get caught up in my every day activities and just forget about our troops which are in danger every second of the day.[/SIZE]
Just imagine all the wives and husbands for that matter, that are all over here trying to make it through the day without seeing a Military Vehicle pull into their drive way with bad news of their loved ones. Just imagine the children that are here with their mother or father and asking them " mommy.. when is daddy coming home?" or "daddy... when is moma coming home?" Have any of you had your children ask you that while your spouse is gone to the store or somewhere? Boy, I have and it is easy to say.. she will be right back or she will be back in a few minutes. I couldnt imagine having to tell my almost 4 year old son that his moma is not coming home anymore. Or could you imagine being a father in Iraq while your wife is giving birth to your first child? And not getting to see him/her for the first year or so of their life? I couldnt imagine!!
Just remember these folks please... try to put yourself in their shoes and think of how you would handle their everyday lives.

God Bless ALL Our Troops and Families. Hurry Home Safe and Sound
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Why is it so easy to forget?

Amen. I have not forgotten.

stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 947

I think most people tend to take lightly that which is not happening to them.

By "take lightly" I do not mean totally ignore, but more that it doesn't remain in the forefront of our thoughts.

I served in the Air Force back in the 80s, and I have always supported our forces, but I don't encourage my sons to enlist because I don't often agree with how our government uses our military.

This year, Pittsburgh is just gonna BLEED TO DEATH !!
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

We forget because people in our country are too busy listening to the media which tells us to spend money on things we don't need to try to make our miserable lives more complete.

We forget because people in our country listen to the mediia who tells us stories about useless celebrities and thier crazy lives and we live vicariously through those because their lives are so much better than ours (LOL!).

Our thoughts are controlled by the media who for some reason wants us to shut up, be happy and spend money.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Good points everyone, I really thought that there would be more people posting in this area but I guess everyone is too busy spending money..heheee Right?
Its just our freedom that they are fighting for over there in Iraq right? I dont agree with some of the reasons we are over there, but that doesnt mean that I dont appreciate all our men and women are doing for me and my little family. This is a very soft spot in my armor that I can stop thinking about folks and I am sorry, but I appreciate all that our troops are doing for us. Just remember these loved ones that are being told every day that their loved ones will not be coming home alive... how does that make you feel?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote