Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #11
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792
Default Re: quincy morgan on browns:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
We'd have never drafted him...we learned our lesson with Plax...
Braylon is a totally different guy than Plax. I think he would be a fine fit for the Steelers offense.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Time will tell...he already went on record second guessing Crennel stating that he thought Frye should be the starting QB...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #13
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Time will tell...he already went on record second guessing Crennel stating that he thought Frye should be the starting QB...
Actually, he didn't quite say that. There was another article after that one came out stating that Braylon was asked IF they pulled Dilfer, would Frye be able to run the offense.

I will try to find it.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Actually, he didn't quite say that. There was another article after that one came out stating that Braylon was asked IF they pulled Dilfer, would Frye be able to run the offense.

I will try to find it.
He said Charlie would provide a spark...trust me, I'm all over this...There are a ton of people who second guessed me about Charlie Frye, and I can't wait for him to prove me right...except when he plays the Steelers...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #15
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Here's an article about what Braylon said and the Dilfer situation:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...05-564462.html

Quote:
BEREA, Ohio - Romeo Crennel is sticking with Trent Dilfer as the Cleveland Browns' starting quarterback - for now.

Despite three straight losses, including one to the previously winless Houston Texans, Crennel prefers to have Dilfer run the offense rather than turn it over to rookie Charlie Frye.

"The team is making slow progress," the Browns coach said Wednesday. "We did some things better in Texas. Not good enough, grant you, but better."

Rookie Braylon Edwards also expressed his support for Dilfer, two days after the wide receiver commented that Frye would bring more life to the offense.

"Trent Dilfer is our guy," Edwards said. "He's the guy we're going to support."

Edwards thought some things he said about the quarterback situation on Monday were taken out of context.

"I was asked one question, `What would be the difference if Charlie Frye started?' I answered that question and the way it was printed, it came off as I said Charlie Frye should start because of these reasons," he said. "It was just a miscommunication."

Edwards said he called Dilfer to clear up his remarks.

"He was a little surprised I called because it wasn't a big deal to him, and it wasn't a big deal to the organization so we just moved past it," Edwards said.

Dilfer downplayed the matter, saying he didn't hear Edwards' comments and was advised by friends not to read the newspaper Tuesday.

"There's no air to clear," Dilfer said. "Braylon and I are good friends and work very well together. I probably enjoy working with him as much as any rookie I've ever worked with."

Click here!

Crennel said Edwards' comments would have bothered him more if they came from a veteran. He addressed the team about the situation.

"They're men. They can talk when they want to talk. I told them I thought they should talk about themselves and their position and not worry so much about other positions," he said.

Crennel certainly is not holding Edwards' comments against him, saying he'll move up in the rotation, sharing more time with No. 2 receiver Dennis Northcutt.

However, just as he has been all season, Crennel was tempered in his enthusiasm for his top draft pick.

"Even though Braylon is coming on and he's a bigger target and has made some catches, he's still a work in progress," Crennel said.

Dilfer has connected with Edwards only 14 times this season, including twice last Sunday, even though Edwards got significant playing time in the second half. Edwards had a big play on the final drive, a leaping 26-yard catch that got the Browns inside Houston territory.

"I'm excited about him on the field and the potential he brings to us for explosive plays," Dilfer said.

Crennel pointed to Cleveland's 156 yards rushing and discipline in committing only one penalty as some of the positives he saw in the loss to the Texans. He didn't mention the passing game, however.

While Dilfer's still his starter, he won't hesitate to bring in Frye against Tennessee on Sunday if things get ugly.

"It would have to be my gut feeling," Crennel said. "If I got a real bad feeling about the way it was going and I wanted to make a change, that's what it would be."
Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #16
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Quote:
He said Charlie would provide a spark...trust me, I'm all over this...There are a ton of people who second guessed me about Charlie Frye, and I can't wait for him to prove me right...except when he plays the Steelers...
I guess when it comes to Braylon is this..

Would you rather have Braylon Edwards or Cedric Wilson on the Steelers roster?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I guess when it comes to Braylon is this..

Would you rather have Braylon Edwards or Cedric Wilson on the Steelers roster?
heath miller. i would never want to be in the position to draft an edwards with a top 5 pick. last i saw miller had more td,s than edwards, on a team w/ a better win/loss record. edwards wouldnt be crap in our offense right now, other than somebody who would complain about their # of receptions
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #18
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
heath miller. i would never want to be in the position to draft an edwards with a top 5 pick. last i saw miller had more td,s than edwards, on a team w/ a better win/loss record. edwards wouldnt be crap in our offense right now, other than somebody who would complain about their # of receptions
You don't hear Braylon *****ing about being the #3 WR in Cleveland right now, do you?

I only brought up Braylon to counter the fact that someone said that there's nobody on the Browns roster that could even start for the Steelers.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

he shouldnt b!tch about anything. hes a rookie. LAST EDWARDS WE HAD AT WR WAS NAMED TROY. I THINK THE STEELERS WOULD PASS ON BRAYLON. HE MAY BE GOOD IN A FEW YEARS. LETs just see if he can stay off the crotch rockets and stay healthy
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #20
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
he shouldnt b!tch about anything. hes a rookie. LAST EDWARDS WE HAD AT WR WAS NAMED TROY. I THINK THE STEELERS WOULD PASS ON BRAYLON. HE MAY BE GOOD IN A FEW YEARS. LETs just see if he can stay off the crotch rockets and stay healthy
So, let me ask you again. Who would you rather have on the Steelers, Braylon or Cedric Wilson?

And since when did Braylon ride around on a crotch rocket??

Last edited by bangpow; 11-12-2005 at 11:44 PM.
bangpow is offline   Reply With Quote