Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer
 
UK CANDY BEE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 310
Gender: Male
Member Number: 947
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

I am referring to the current avatar being displayed by TroysBadDawg.

He has shown good character here in honoring his commitment and is still wearing that horrible disgrace you folks who made the wager have laid upon him.

After discussing the matter with him, He told me that he must wear it until next season begins or you folks who won take mercy upon him.

He did not ask me to make this plea on his behalf, he does not know (until now, of course) that I am even doing it, and he may even be upset with me for doing so, yet I am.....as his fellow Browns fan, humbly and officially asking you to release him and toss the dawg a bone !!

It is a new season with new opportunities and possibilities, and as such, Troy should be permitted the privilege of embarking upon it with his full pride and distinction.

Besides, he has been FAR more diplomatic and nice to you folks than I ever figure to be !!

If that does not touch your heart and tap into whatever humanity your heart(s) possess, then try this one.......

If you let my friend Troy off the hook, then I'll commit to making an equal or greater avatar/sig wager with you folks at some point before the season begins....... WITH NO LOOPHOLE FOR EARLY EXIT !!!

What say you ?????
__________________

This year, Pittsburgh is just gonna BLEED TO DEATH !!
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,481
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 175
Thanked 955 Times in 363 Posts
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

I was always under the impression that avatar bet he made with HTG last season was a one-week deal and he could change it anytime after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
I would like to congratulate the fine steeler fans and their team on the game today. and their win. A bet is a bet and yes I have returned like a bad penny like I said I would. Now shamelessly you will have to instuct me how to insert the avatar you have chose for me to have for the week, or you can place ir since you are a Super Mad HometownGal I do trust you I believe.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...828#post290828

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
So how long does he have to use the avatar?
Until next Sunday.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...929#post290929
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,268
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 22
Thanked 87 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

Review "the Bet". Troy's Bad Dog must abide by the agreement he made otherwise he loses all credibility. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care, I like the Avatar cause it makes me laugh but it isn't my place to make a decision.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter
 
PisnNapalm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 2,776
Member Number: 1225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

If the wager was that he has to use that avatar until the start of the '08 season then he wears it until then. There's no honor is weaseling out of a wager.

Sheesh....
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Μολὼν λάβε
PisnNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,156
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,670
Thanked 4,973 Times in 1,849 Posts
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

If it is till the start of the season then he is a stand up guy by keeping his word.
If it bothers you then boo freakin hoo.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

The bet was for one week... and he has been wearing that avatar for months!!!???

No wonder they keep saying "wait until next year".....they have no concept of time!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer
 
UK CANDY BEE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 310
Gender: Male
Member Number: 947
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

I just went over pretty much the whole thread via the link provided by fansince 76.

I see nothing that says Troy must wear the avatar until the 08 season, unless I missed a post that renewed the bet for the second matchup in Pittsburgh.

What I saw said "until the next game".


It did not specify if the "next game" was the next game vs the two teams in question or simply the next game on the schedule.

So, in that regard, I am not seeing where Troy even got the idea he was required to keep that avatar this long.......

If I am mistaken, would someone please show me where.......
__________________

This year, Pittsburgh is just gonna BLEED TO DEATH !!
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE View Post
I just went over pretty much the whole thread via the link provided by fansince 76.

I see nothing that says Troy must wear the avatar until the 08 season, unless I missed a post that renewed the bet for the second matchup in Pittsburgh.

What I saw said "until the next game".


It did not specify if the "next game" was the next game vs the two teams in question or simply the next game on the schedule.

So, in that regard, I am not seeing where Troy even got the idea he was required to keep that avatar this long.......

If I am mistaken, would someone please show me where.......
Seriously, Dan - why do you give a flying fandoozle what avy TBD chooses to wear here? That is his business, not yours. If he chooses to keep that avy, that is his decision and no one else's. If he chooses to remove it, that's fine too.

The bet was for a week and TBD honored his loss of that bet as I knew he would being the stand-up guy he is. We all know here that he is a diehard Browns fan and as he is a guy with a great sense of humor (twisted as it may be at times ), he knows it gets some laughs, so what really is the problem?

In the words of my grandson - "mind your own beeswax".
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer
 
UK CANDY BEE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 310
Gender: Male
Member Number: 947
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Seriously, Dan - why do you give a flying fandoozle what avy TBD chooses to wear here? That is his business, not yours. If he chooses to keep that avy, that is his decision and no one else's. If he chooses to remove it, that's fine too.

The bet was for a week and TBD honored his loss of that bet as I knew he would being the stand-up guy he is. We all know here that he is a diehard Browns fan and as he is a guy with a great sense of humor (twisted as it may be at times ), he knows it gets some laughs, so what really is the problem?

In the words of my grandson - "mind your own beeswax".
Seriously HTG ??

I was originally pleading for the "mercy" he told me would be required on the part of the winners for him to be rid of the avatar, which he also mentioned to me he is anxious to be rid of, but only when he fulfilled his commitment.

However, at this point, it would seem that Troy HAS fulfilled his commitment and that anyone lobbying for him to continue wearing it is quite likely just tormenting a "stand-up guy' (I have known he was such a guy LONG before you guys did, btw) by allowing him to continue under a misconception !!

What kind of fellow Browns fan would I be to stand idly by and condone that ??


As a matter of fact.....SHAME ON YOU for suggesting that I should !!

So..... I am no longer asking for mercy............

..... I am instead demanding JUSTICE !!
__________________

This year, Pittsburgh is just gonna BLEED TO DEATH !!
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Request for humane treatment for a fellow Dawg !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE View Post
Seriously HTG ??

I was originally pleading for the "mercy" he told me would be required on the part of the winners for him to be rid of the avatar, which he also mentioned to me he is anxious to be rid of, but only when he fulfilled his commitment.

However, at this point, it would seem that Troy HAS fulfilled his commitment and that anyone lobbying for him to continue wearing it is quite likely just tormenting a "stand-up guy' (I have known he was such a guy LONG before you guys did, btw) by allowing him to continue under a misconception !!

What kind of fellow Browns fan would I be to stand idly by and condone that ??


As a matter of fact.....SHAME ON YOU for suggesting that I should !!

So..... I am no longer asking for mercy............

..... I am instead demanding JUSTICE !!
really?....I put in a equal demand....for SILENCE!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts