Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,711 Times in 2,909 Posts
Default I went to Dallas Cowboy's stadium

so after driving downtown to Dealy plaza and standing on the grassy knoll, we decided to take a drive by Irving stadium.

on behalf of all my friends at SF (and steeler nation as a whole) i pissed on the mf'er.

immature? yes.

slightly illegal? absolutely.

well worth the risk and gratifying as well? you bet.

ok, it wont go down in lore like ozzy at the alamo, and it wasnt exactly on the facade of the structure. we pulled off of the highway on the backside of the bldg, and under the guise of getting close to snap a few cellphone photos, i trecked across the empty parking lot to one of the chain linked entry gates.

oh, and to be at the site where kennedy was assassinated was definitely breathtaking and gave me goosebumps. it is surreal how it takes you back in time and really solidifies the reality of the matter. standing on the grassy knoll behind the wooden fence was quite a trip.

also standing on the white "X" in the middle of the road (where the 1st bullet struck the president), looking up into the 6th story window is undescribable. and seeing the 2nd "X" where his soul expired, and the national landmark plaque rested besides the sidewalk like a gravestone was chilling.

no matter what you believe, its hard to think something like that could happen in front of the whole world to see.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: I went to Dallas Cowboy's stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so after driving downtown to Dealy plaza and standing on the grassy knoll, we decided to take a drive by Irving stadium.

on behalf of all my friends at SF (and steeler nation as a whole) i pissed on the mf'er.

immature? yes.

ok, it wont go down in lore like ozzy at the alamo, and it wasnt exactly on the facade of the structure. we pulled off of the highway on the backside of the bldg, and under the guise of getting close to snap a few cellphone photos, i trecked across the empty parking lot to one of the chain linked entry gates.
Why did the old memory of Billy Carter whizzing in public suddenly come to mind?

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,311 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:

immature? yes.

oh, and to be at the site where kennedy was assassinated was definitely breathtaking and gave me goosebumps. it is surreal how it takes you back in time and really solidifies the reality of the matter. standing on the grassy knoll behind the wooden fence was quite a trip.

also standing on the white "X" in the middle of the road (where the 1st bullet struck the president), looking up into the 6th story window is undescribable. and seeing the 2nd "X" where his soul expired, and the national landmark plaque rested besides the sidewalk like a gravestone was chilling.

no matter what you believe, its hard to think something like that could happen in front of the whole world to see.

I went there once....why the heck didn't I think of that????

Dealy was something. Hasn't changed (at least up to 1993) since the assassination. I was all over that place "investigating." Dallas looks pretty cool at night, eh?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I went there once....why the heck didn't I think of that????

Dealy was something. Hasn't changed (at least up to 1993) since the assassination. I was all over that place "investigating." Dallas looks pretty cool at night, eh?
actually we stayed uptown in addington(?) and i didnt get to see the nighttime skyline which was kinda disappointing. we were at the bookstore museum after closing (6pm) and tipped some bum looking dude for his quicky freelance "conspiracy tour" of the outside area.

he was going home, didnt want to leave us hanging, said we didnt have to pay, but that this was how he "fed his family" (sounded like latrell spreewell or terrell owens).
he was knowledgable, and defended oswald as a scapegoat. made a helluva lot of sense.

we drove to "deep ellum" downtown to see if we were gonna go clubbing. talk about a dive. most of the bars have been zoned out and closed, and definitely looks like a place you are likely get shot or mugged.

no thanks.

so yeah, we hit the stadium at sunset and missed the nightime skyline.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Absolutely ridiculous, Tony...

I love it.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
TheWarDen86
Supporter

Quote:
actually we stayed uptown in addington(?) and i didnt get to see the nighttime skyline which was kinda disappointing. we were at the bookstore museum after closing (6pm) and tipped some bum looking dude for his quicky freelance "conspiracy tour" of the outside area.

he was going home, didnt want to leave us hanging, said we didnt have to pay, but that this was how he "fed his family" (sounded like latrell spreewell or terrell owens).
he was knowledgable, and defended oswald as a scapegoat. made a helluva lot of sense.

we drove to "deep ellum" downtown to see if we were gonna go clubbing. talk about a dive. most of the bars have been zoned out and closed, and definitely looks like a place you are likely get shot or mugged.

no thanks.

so yeah, we hit the stadium at sunset and missed the nightime skyline.
I was bang...er dating a girl from Plano. I always made fun of Texas/Texans until I went there. I really liked it.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I was bang...er dating a girl from Plano. I always made fun of Texas/Texans until I went there. I really liked it.
there was all this weird green stuff. i think they call it trees and grass.

id hate to see the watering bill to make it all grow.

we stayed next to the galleria mall, which is very nice and ritzy.

its strange, looking at the mall and airport (lots of hot girls), it seems that even grandmas have fake boobs. implants must be a hobby there.

i liked it, but i other than all the sporting events, i think i like san antonio (and the riverwalk) better.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
TheWarDen86
Supporter

Quote:
there was all this weird green stuff. i think they call it trees and grass.

id hate to see the watering bill to make it all grow.

we stayed next to the galleria mall, which is very nice and ritzy.

its strange, looking at the mall and airport (lots of hot girls), it seems that even grandmas have fake boobs. implants must be a hobby there.

i liked it, but i other than all the sporting events, i think i like san antonio (and the riverwalk) better.
LOL. Dated a chick from San Antonio too (she moved to NJ) but I never made it down there. That mall is pretty cool (the one with the skating rink right?). I do recall big beautiful houses with yellow grass and lots of hot girls.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #9
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

th....

I read the header before I clicked on it and I said to myself, "I bet he pissed on it."

AND YOU DID!!!!!!

Good job, man!
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #10
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I was gonna chew your ass out for even thinking of visiting the Cowgirls stadium, but when you said you pissed on it.... well... That I can understand. Well done. ;) Rep headed your way.