Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 05-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default The Jason Taylor Situation

Miami is in shambles, and Bill Parcells & Co. sure are not helping the situation.

Jason Taylor is the only star on the Miami Dolphins. He's the only recognizable face, the only pro-bowl player.

This offseason, he did Dancing with the Stars, his appearance in that kept him from the OTA's the Dolphins had.

He came in to talk with Parcells and see some teammates after the Dancing thing was over, and Parcells acted as if Taylor wasn't even in the room.

Parcells is out to make Taylor into an example, so the rest of the team will "fear" him.

It's recently been reported that Jason Taylor will not be attending any offseason workouts that the Dolphins hold, including training camp. This info didn't come from Taylor, but from the Dolphins head coach. This makes me wonder if it was Taylor refusing to attend or Parcells telling Taylor he's not wanted and to stay away.

So who is at fault here, Taylor for doing Dancing with the Stars...or Parcells for being a dictator?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Jason Taylor Situation

That's how Parcell's works. He believes that he can show up the "best player" on the team he takes over, break the team down, and rebuild it. There is not a single player on the roster of the 07 season that Parcells won't cut. There are financial reasons to keep some of the guys around, but Bill P is there to do one thing, tear down, and rebuild. So if Taylor is the guy that gets the team's attention, that's who's he's going to use as an example. its just his way. I hope JT ends up playing on a team we don't see too often, like Arizona or Seattle or something. I don't want him in the AFC north or on a true contender's roster. Well unless its our Roster, but i don't know if he fits into our scheme and he is beyond our salary cap.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
So who is at fault here, Taylor for doing Dancing with the Stars...or Parcells for being a dictator?
I think it's a little of both, taylor is obviously tired of the dolphins so he found something else to do. parcells is doing his job, and like dino said there is not a single player on the roster of the 07 season that Parcells won't cut.

taylor has even threatened to retire if he's not traded. apparently parcells won't accept anything but a 1st round pick. yes, a 1st! for a 34 years old player. they should accept a 3rd, let taylor go to a contender for the 1st time in his career, and miami rebuild with youth
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Keisel at DE...he isn't the prototypical 3-4 DE but he'd definatly take up a blocker.

I know that's how Parcells works, but JT doesn't deserve the treatment he's gotten. He's a class act, and he would have been a good vet guy to help the younger guys learn a thing or two from.

I don't think Parcells is going to do much for the Dolphins. He's gonna do more damage than good, IMHO. His act worked as a HC, but now he's strictly front office, and that's not how a front office should work.

If he doesn't want JT there, then he should have traded him for what he could have gotten in the draft. Instead he held out thinking a team was going to give up a first-rounder for him when nobody was gonna do that. Now his only options are trading him for another player or straight up cutting him.

And the only viable trade I can even see happening is Taylor to the Giants for Shockey...and that's only if Strahan retires.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

if i was him i would get the hell out of there

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
if i was him i would get the hell out of there
He's under contract with the team. His only ways out are trade, outright release, or retirment.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

He should demand a trade and not play

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #8
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
He should demand a trade and not play
He wants to be traded. Not because he wants out of Miami due to them sucking...but due to the fact that Parcells is a jerkoff. But Parcells doesn't want anything less than a 1st round pick, and nobody is gonna give that up for a 34 year old DE.

And I don't think he said he's gonna hold out, I think Parcells did that just to drag his name through the mud.

Also, if he doesn't play he doesn't get paid. Realisticly, you can't just not play. It's just not possible because in the end you signed a contract that legally you must adhere to. He could play bad, he could get himself benched, but he cannot just not show up.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Jason Taylor should tell Parcells to shove his God-like complex where the sun don't shine.

Personally, I'd love to continue watching Jason shaking that bootay.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #10
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364
Thumbs up Re: The Jason Taylor Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Jason Taylor should tell Parcells to shove his God-like complex where the sun don't shine.

Personally, I'd love to continue watching Jason shaking that bootay.
Your bad hometown.LOL
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote