Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Canucks' Bourdon Dies in Motorcycle Crash

Another reminder of just how lucky Ben really was about two years ago. Thoughts and prayers to Luc Bourdon's family and friends.

Quote:
Canucks’ Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash

Shippagan, New Brunswick (AP)—Luc Bourdon, a promising rookie defenseman with the Vancouver Canucks, was killed Thursday when his motorcycle struck a tractor-trailer in a crash near his hometown. He was 21.

His death was confirmed by sister Eve Bourdon and stepmother Maryse Godin. Both declined further comment when reached at the family’s home in Shippagan.

Police wouldn’t confirm the identity of the victim but said a motorcyclist was killed in the early afternoon on a road between Shippagan and Lameque.

“Luc was an extremely talented player with a bright future,” Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said in a statement. “He brought great passion to the game and was a valued team member on and off the ice.”

Bourdon’s agent, Kent Hughes, called his client a winner and a competitor.

“There was no quit in him,” said Hughes, who knew Bourdon since the player was 15. “He persevered through a lot. He was a great guy and a great teammate.”

Bourdon was the first-round draft pick of the Canucks in 2005, selected 10th overall. He split time this season with the Canucks and the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League. In 27 games with the Canucks, he scored twice and had no assists.

“Through hard work and perseverance, Luc was able to realize his dream of becoming an NHL player,” Paul Kelly, executive director of the players’ union. “Luc had a promising life and career ahead of him and he will certainly be missed.”

Bourdon played on the Canadian team that won the gold medal at the 2007 world junior hockey championship in Vancouver and made the tournament’s all-star team. He helped Canada win another gold at the 2007 tournament in Sweden.

Bourdon played for Val d’Or, Moncton and Cape Breton of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before turning pro.
Canucks' Bourdon Dies in Motorcycle Crash
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Canucks' Bourdon Dies in Motorcycle Crash

Quote:
Another reminder of just how lucky Ben really was about two years ago. Thoughts and prayers to Luc Bourdon's family and friends.
you are so right there '76. and i am with you on the thoughts and prayer to his family and friends. its always ashame to see someone so young taken away.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Canucks Defenseman Bourdon Killed in a Motorcycle Crash

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360241,00.html

Quote:
Luc Bourdon, a promising rookie defenseman with the Vancouver Canucks, was killed Thursday when his motorcycle struck a tractor-trailer in a crash near his hometown. He was 21.
His death was confirmed by sister Eve Bourdon and stepmother Maryse Godin. Both declined further comment when reached at the family's home in Shippagan.
"Luc was a winner; he was a competitor," said Kent Hughes, his agent. "There was no quit in him. He persevered through a lot. He was a great guy and a great teammate."
Police in Shippagan wouldn't confirm the identity of the victim but said a motorcyclist was killed in the early afternoon on a road between Shippagan and Lemeque.
Bourdon was the first-round draft pick of the Canucks in 2005, selected 10th overall. He split time this season with the Canucks and the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League. In 27 games with the Canucks, he scored twice and had no assists.
He played on the Canadian team that won the gold medal at the 2007 world junior hockey championship in Vancouver and made the tournament's all-star team. He helped Canada win another gold at the 2007 tournament in Sweden.
/**/
Bourdon played for Val d'Or, Moncton and Cape Breton of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before turning pro.

Sure is sad.

Also makes you think about Ben. . .

So much to live for. How hard is it to keep four wheels on the ground until you retire?

My heart and prayers go out to his family.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,292 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Canucks Defenseman Bourdon Killed in a Motorcycle Crash

That is a sad story sounds like he had a promising carrer and now gone at an early age.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Man, that's a shame. He was going to be a really good D-man and was to have a major role with the Canucks next season. My condolences to his family, and I agree Preacher - why don't these young athletes avoid motorcycles or any other dangerous activities until after they retire? It doesn't make any sense to put your life at risk when you have so much to live for.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Man, that's a shame. He was going to be a really good D-man and was to have a major role with the Canucks next season. My condolences to his family, and I agree Preacher - why don't these young athletes avoid motorcycles or any other dangerous activities until after they retire? It doesn't make any sense to put your life at risk when you have so much to live for.
Especially when you're the guy who helps keep the core together.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote