Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Michelle Obama and "Whitey" video....

Rumor has it that there is a video out there of MO denouncing "Whitey" at Trinity Church, and that the Republicans are saving it for an October surprise.

Now, I've been thinking about this for a few days.

1) I don't think such a thing exists. Mostly because if it did, we'd have seen it by now. You can't keep something that rich hidden; lots of people can keep secrets, but not EVERYONE can keep a secret. That's not to say she did or didn't do it... but I just don't think it's documented.

2) So, where is the rumor coming from? A) Hillary? There's nothing she wouldn't try to get this nomination, including planting the doubt through innuendo that Obama is unelectable (and if this surfaces, believe me, he is unelectable... ever). B) Right wing (not the same as Republican or conservative) smear machine? Sure, it's possible; get it out there early, let it fester. C) She really said it, but there's no video? I wouldn't doubt it. Personally it doesn't matter to me if she said it or didn't; I'm holding my own counsel on who I'll vote for.

3) Of course, there really might be such a video. Still... say what you will about Obama, I think he understands that the only way to counter either the rumor of a video (or the reality of a video) is to do so early, before it can do real damage. I don't think the power of his message of change is strong enough to overcome the history of America as a country deeply divided by race, class, and culture; if he knows that the video is out there, and is betting that his message will trump it, he is wrong and he will lose.

In the end, I think that whomever started the rumor decided that the rumor would be just as damaging as if the video really existed. And we all know the power of rumor.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Michelle Obama and "Whitey" video....

Rumor has it that the video of it was amongst the tapes Goodell destroyed.

On a serious note, if such a video did exist, it would have surfaced long before now.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Rumor has it that the video of it was amongst the tapes Goodell destroyed.

On a serious note, if such a video did exist, it would have surfaced long before now.
Not to worry...Goodell fined Michelle $3.45 and took away one of their political advisors in the upcoming McCain/Obama debates.

However it has been said that Michelle may have done a walkthrough of the Republican National Convention in 2007 and was coached on what to say if caught....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

well, Obama quit the church so doesn't that make it ok that he doesn't like "whitey"?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

If the video existed, Hillary would have already used it. NOBODY slimes up politics like the Clinton's. Hell, Dick Nixon was a rank amateur by comparison!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
If the video existed, Hillary would have already used it. NOBODY slimes up politics like the Clinton's. Hell, Dick Nixon was a rank amateur by comparison!
Couldn't agree more revs.

There is no video. Michelle Obama wears the pants in that family and there is no way she would jeopardize her current status as a Senator's wife or her future status as the President of the United States. Ooops - sorry - I meant as a future First Lady.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,204 Times in 3,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Rev hits the bullseye as to the source.

Had to come out of posting sabbatical to comment on what apparently is a last gasp slur from the Clinton campaign's bunker

The alleged racial slurs are as follows:

Apparently, if the tape ever comes to light, her words will sound something like:

Whitey cut folks off Medicaid?
Whitey let New Orleans drown?
Whitey do nothing about Jena?
Whitey put us in Iraq for no reason?*

...when the intended message is,

Why'd he cut folks off Medicaid?
Why'd he let New Orleans drown?
Why'd he do nothing about Jena?
Why'd he put us in Iraq for no reason?

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/

The video probably does not exist but no shock as to who is pushing this bullshit:

what are we left with? Larry Johnson, a vehemently pro-Hillary and anti-Obama blogger, who in the past was running around telling people Karl Rove was about to be indicted. Republican political consultant Roger Stone, saying he believes it exists. I'm hearing from other reporters that their (secondhand, of course) sources are calling back and adding that they saw Louis Farrakhan on the tape, a detail that they didn't mention before Johnson's update of 9 this morning. Does the presence of Farrakhan seem like a detail that's easy to forget?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But right now I think the evidence suggests this is a hoax, and that we will never see tape of Michelle Obama saying these particular controversial remarks. The timing of this rumor's surfacing is conveniently perfect to scare superdelegates, and the idea that it's in the hands of sinister Republicans explains why fans of Hillary are eager to talk about it but unable to produce it.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.c...I5OWVjZGNiNDI=
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Note to Hill: "Hey, toots, it's over! Now go make me a chicken pot pie!"

(Alright, alright, slightly misogynistic, but y'all know that I keed, I keed!)
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,204 Times in 3,231 Posts

Maybe Barack or Michelle are lurkers on Steelers Fever Forum and he is responding to this thread LOL

Obama denies a rumor and questions the question

Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday batted down rumors circulating on the Internet and mentioned on some cable news shows of the existence of a video of his wife using a derogatory term for white people, and criticized a reporter for asking him about the rumor, which has not a shred of evidence to support it.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Louis Farrakhan now that is a name i hadnt heard in awhile.

i have to agree with another poster. i dont think she would ruin her status as a senators wife or the future first lady. but who knows, we could be wrong and a tape does exsist. talk about the crap hitting the fan then...

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote