Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 AM   #21
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Pens v. Redwings 6/2/08 - Who Gets Your Game Puck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im not one who thinks a gameball (puck) always goes to the best, most important, or outstanding player of a game. i think it is a great way to show appreciation and reward an unsung hero sometimes.

if i were fleury and the team gave me the puck, i would walk over to talbot and hand it to him. if the pens can pull this off, none of this (especially fleury's OT heroics, would be possible.

after all, it is easier to block a shot, than it is to score a goal.

as for BOTH goalies in this series, they have both been amazing. ive watched plenty of roy, hasek, and brodeur in the playoffs/finals (and even fuhr back in the day) and i must say that osgood is playing as well as any goalie i can remember.

fleury has been great, and i understand osgood is the beneficiary of a superb defense, but he has stopped some awesome firepower that the pens possess.
fleury has outplayed osgood overall in this series.. in the first two games you could count on one hand the number of good scoring chances the pens got. after that, the pens have picked it up and are getting some great chances. with those chances came goals. osgood has looked rather ordinary to me from game 3 on. most of our great scoring chances have resulted in the pens shooting themselves in the foot rather than a spectacular save from osgood.. mishandling the puck, errant passes, and missed shots have all kept us from scoring.

i think marian hossa has been the best player on the ice for us aside from fleury.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #22
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,307 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Not according to some of the red wings fans on Fark. The refs stole the game.

I guess high-sticking someone in the face and drawing blood is a ticky-tacky foul that should have been waved off.
Not to mention that the fashionable thing nowadays seems to be the pussies that insist on bitching about the refs to account for the failings of their teams within pretty much every fanbase of every sport.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 AM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not to mention that the fashionable thing nowadays seems to be the pussies that insist on bitching about the refs to account for the failings of their teams within pretty much every fanbase of every sport.
You really have NO idea how sick to death I am of hearing this, especially concerning the Pens. If it isn't the refs giving them "preferential treatment", it's the "Bettman wants the Pens and Crosby to win" conspiracy theory. It's downright disgusting. And if you look at the average ages of most of these "fans," I guarantee you it's between 14-25, though it certainly isn't limited to that age group. If the Wings win, I'd have no problem acknowledging their win and that they were the better team. Too bad most "fans" today can't do the same.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
fleury has outplayed osgood overall in this series.. in the first two games you could count on one hand the number of good scoring chances the pens got. after that, the pens have picked it up and are getting some great chances. with those chances came goals. osgood has looked rather ordinary to me from game 3 on. most of our great scoring chances have resulted in the pens shooting themselves in the foot rather than a spectacular save from osgood.. mishandling the puck, errant passes, and missed shots have all kept us from scoring.

i think marian hossa has been the best player on the ice for us aside from fleury.
I have to agree with you, jjpro, on Fleury outplaying Osgood in this series, though both goalies have played pretty much at the top of their respective games. Fleury has faced a lot more pressure overall and some of the saves he has made throughout the series have been phenomenal.

I have to give a lot of credit to the Wings D, however, for the Pens' inability to utilize their offensive firepower to the fullest extent. They are right there as soon as one of our guys touches the puck and they block shots as well as any team out there. Since Game 3, we are finding ways to battle them head on and are taking advantage of scoring opportunities and a couple of mistakes on their part which is what quality teams do. All I kept hearing from the 3 stooges on NBC on Monday night was how low our SOG totals were compared to the Wings. Doesn't matter how many or how few shots are taken - what matters is how many of those shots are put in the net.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think the refs have been really inconsistent during this whole series and most of the playoffs. I hate ticky tack fouls but to think a foul should be waived off - especially if it draws blood is ridiculous. Lord knows if the roles were reversed, they would have been calling for the "hand" to go up.

Did anyone else notice anytime a red wing player got hit the fans were standing and mimicking a penalty (hand in the air)? What the heck do they want the cup hand delivered?

Someone, please someone, anyone, remind these people that they play the game for a reason!!!

LETS GO PENS

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote