Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 06-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
dragtruk
Banned

Member Number: 6950
Default Re: Patriot arrested, then aids drug sting

oxycontin aka "hillbilly heroin" is basically perscription heroin in a time released pill form. if crushed up it delivers immediate and powerful effects. some people inject it, and from what i understand the effects are pretty much exact to shooting hey ron[/QUOTE]

Tony is right. I live and work in oxytown USA- a.k.a. Boston. I know many guys at work who have blown their entire retirement annuities on the stuff. The job steward on my job went through $42,000 in six months. From what I understand, once you get in the grips, it's almost impossible to get out of. The government will surely ban it's production just like they did with quaaludes way back when. Evil stuff, even if you use it the right way.
dragtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragtruk View Post
oxycontin aka "hillbilly heroin" is basically perscription heroin in a time released pill form. if crushed up it delivers immediate and powerful effects. some people inject it, and from what i understand the effects are pretty much exact to shooting hey ron
Tony is right. I live and work in oxytown USA- a.k.a. Boston. I know many guys at work who have blown their entire retirement annuities on the stuff. The job steward on my job went through $42,000 in six months. From what I understand, once you get in the grips, it's almost impossible to get out of. The government will surely ban it's production just like they did with quaaludes way back when. Evil stuff, even if you use it the right way.[/quote]

When I had my knee surgery, they gave me that crap. I took one the night of the operation... and never took another. Those things are way to strong... and i hate feeling like I have no control of my reality.

I just dealt with the pain... took some tylenol, and through the rest out a few months later.

You're right. Evil stuff.

I think it should be kept legal for IN-HOUSE USE in hospitals. But not to be taken home.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,969 Times in 3,411 Posts

Bostocontin Oxychusettes

if used and not abused it is almost a miracle drug. there are many people who will always need oxycodone, tylenol 3, or percocets just to make it through the day. the benefits of oxycontin is that you take much less and dont get the long term liver damage.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,969 Times in 3,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
sure do seem to know a lot about dope hipchest .......

i dont know if this is the proper verbage or appropriate slang, but ive "crunched a few oxies/hitched my yoke to oxen to plow the field" (probably not, i just made it up in a speedball induced stupor )

unfortunately i lost my coolest uncle to an oxy/scotch od. he was the black sheep of the family and known to party. he also was in chronic pain, going through a divorce, and had a legal prescription for oxy. anyways, he hooked me up with a few 10mgs (whiteys?) when i last saw him, for my plane ride home. he said to just take one and chew it up to get profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltered up. we laughed.

with 3 hours of sleep and a 6 am flight i crunched one and had a bloody mary. for the first time, i was able to sleep on a flight. i was out and used the other ones recreationally at a later date.

but i tell you what, somebody hooked me up with 4 of the pink 20's a about 6-7 years ago, and i still got 2 of em in a pill jar.

i crunched one and drank a brew or 2 and i was freaking wasted and floating (and felt like i might puke).

i would never shoot anything in my arm but i felt like i was on the high you see heroin junkies on, on tv. and i laughed.

i was like "whoa, this shit is intense." (which is why i still have 2 that i may or may not only use for an emergency pain management situation).

anyways, last i read, the street value of the shit was $1 a milligram which means the whiteys were $10 and the pinkies $20. oxicontin is manufactured in up to 160 mg pills.

i got a root canal in mexico about 5 years ago. i went into a physicians office and told him i needed a script for oxy. (i consider a root canal an emergency pain management situation) he asked why, and i told him i was getting a root canal and needed it for the pain. he looked at me as if i were a smuggler/dealer, and wrote me the script for the $15 office visit. all 5 of the pharmacies in the small boardertown were out, although one of the clerks hooked me up with a 20 wrapped in cig cellophane and told me the towns pharmaceutical deliveries wouldnt be til monday. the physician was kind enough to write me a script for tylenol 3 free of charge when i explained the whole town was out.

so kids.... the moral of the story is dont do drugs. that shit'll fuk u up.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 06-05-2008 at 10:55 PM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #25
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

A local radio personality here in Cleveland (Maxwell on 100.7 WMMS in the afternoon) was addicted to Oxy.

I also knew someone who was addicted to it. It wrecked his entire life...caused him to blow his life's savings on the stuff, caused him a divorce and his kids, caused him his job. Finally, he ended up in detox and he's now clean. But his ex-wife and kids hate him. I really feel bad for the guy.

So please, to everyone out there...stay away from this stuff, it's really bad news.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #26
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Pats now RATS

The House of Tape that Bill built now turns out to be a rat ship too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3496481

Nick Kaczur gets collared with a few - okay a few too many -painkillers and what does he do? Does he take the honorable path and hire a great lawyer to have the bribes errr charges dropped?

NO. In a classic Bill Belichickie style he turns into a BIG FAT RAT.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:55 AM   #27
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Truly the Great Patriots are on the fast track to Bunglehood.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #28
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

Oxycontin is messed up. As Tony has said, it's basically legal heroin/morphine. I live in Indiana, and painkillers in general are a huge problem.

Problem around here at least is one of economics, it makes sense...you can buy 10/7.5 mg worth of vicodin for $6/$5 a pill in Southern Indiana and still not be completely booted, or $10 worth of Oxycontin and be lights out for the night. When a community is already hurting from the present economy, it's a good time to be a dealer for this sort of thing. It's awful, but my brother and many of my friends from HS were/are into it to the point they'll immediately ask you for $20 and have no shame about it. Painkillers are a huge problem everywhere anymore, but it's just depressing how prevalent it is in the Midwest.

Thank god for influential teachers and sports or I'd probably be with them and not 2 years away from a bachelors in Informatics Easy to dismiss Kaczur as a worthless junky, and as someone who has walked away from that when I was broke, 20 miles from anything, and in that scene anyways, I have little patience for someone who has the money and resources this guy does and doesn't seek help. Still, it's a very entangling thing that can be hard to step away from. I hope Kaczur takes it serious and realizes it's time to get a hold of his life.

As a Steelers fan though, F that Pats
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #29
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
I'm wondering if we'll go a week without hearing a Patriot or Bengal involved in some dubious activity
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #30
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,406 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
They will be ranked right up there with the bungholes before long.