Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,203 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: LeCharles Bentley making a comeback with Browns

he just gave an interview to sirius. hes 100% and ready to go. he's running 20 40's for conditionning drills. he hasnt scheduled any individual workouts, but can do anything they will throw at him and he asked t. ryan and p. kirwan, "what do they want me to do? Lift weighs? heck, ive never had to do this before"?

tim ryans opinion is that there are 20 teams that could be upgraded by his services.
kirwan told him he would offer him a nice backloaded contract with minimum up front, to protect the club if he coudlnt get through camp.

one problem, they directly asked him if he was eager to get into cam or wait for an injury to happen to another teams starter to increase his stock.

while he didnt say much his answer reflected that this is in his agents hands, meaning he will take it slowly and probably wait...

unless a team with mega cap space still remaining made an knee jerk reaction and gave him an above market deal.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Wow...Cleveland was robbed big time. Either that or it's horrible luck.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This isn't Maurice Clarett. If the guys in shape, he has camp plus preseason to get back into form. And, like I said before in another thread, Pro Bowl Centers don't just grow on trees....
Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #24
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This isn't Maurice Clarett. If the guys in shape, he has camp plus preseason to get back into form. And, like I said before in another thread, Pro Bowl Centers don't just grow on trees....
I absolutely agree.

You know, when I started posting in this thread, I couldn't understand why we would want to bring him in.

Then I found out about his age, he is quite a bit younger than I thought he was.

Then I found out about his injury being fully healed.

Now... I think it would definitely be worth it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #25
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

If he can pass a physical by the Steelers medical staff, I would love to have him.

But I would want to be sure that he's 100% healed. I am not 100% in belief that he'd be able to make it through an entire season.

However, if I were in his place coming off of what happened to him...I wouldn't want to have to face Big Snack twice a year either.

I remember when this happened, the Browns held an open tryout for centers at their practice facility in Berea, Ohio which is literally 15 minutes down the road from me. My brother played center in high school and I told him that he should go try out. He's a Browns fan, and hell it'd be fun to watch.

His words were, "f--k that, if I won Casey Hampton would eat me in the first quarter and s--t me out at half time!"

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,203 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
If he can pass a physical by the Steelers medical staff, I would love to have him.

But I would want to be sure that he's 100% healed. I am not 100% in belief that he'd be able to make it through an entire season.
is anything 100% certain? the steelers gambled on heath miller coming off an injury.

look at this years draft.

sweed, hills, and dixon, all fel to us (and the steelers were willing to shake the dice) because of injury doubts.

pats and cowboys are favorites because they take a "no balls, no glory" approach.

the steelers taking a serious look at bentley is high risk, high reward but there are defintely ways to limit the risk and maqximize the reward.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #27
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:

However, if I were in his place coming off of what happened to him...I wouldn't want to have to face Big Snack twice a year either.

I remember when this happened, the Browns held an open tryout for centers at their practice facility in Berea, Ohio which is literally 15 minutes down the road from me. My brother played center in high school and I told him that he should go try out. He's a Browns fan, and hell it'd be fun to watch.

His words were, "f--k that, if I won Casey Hampton would eat me in the first quarter and s--t me out at half time!"
Wow, you bros a browns fan? Thats gotta be weird when you guys play each other.

if I had any talent as a Browns fan, I'd try out, I'd highly doubt I'd start though, but just to say you played or tried out for the Browns would be something I'd be proud to tell my kids.

As you can tell I've watched "invincible" a lot ;).
Old 06-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #28
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
is anything 100% certain? the steelers gambled on heath miller coming off an injury.

look at this years draft.

sweed, hills, and dixon, all fel to us (and the steelers were willing to shake the dice) because of injury doubts.

pats and cowboys are favorites because they take a "no balls, no glory" approach.

the steelers taking a serious look at bentley is high risk, high reward but there are defintely ways to limit the risk and maqximize the reward.
Sweed, Hills, and Dixon are coming off of injuries that guys routinley have come back from. Neither of them were near death or damn near had a limb cut off due to the injury.

Not to mention it isn't going to take them two full seasons to recover and be able to even practice.

Quote:
Wow, you bros a browns fan? Thats gotta be weird when you guys play each other.

if I had any talent as a Browns fan, I'd try out, I'd highly doubt I'd start though, but just to say you played or tried out for the Browns would be something I'd be proud to tell my kids.

As you can tell I've watched "invincible" a lot ;).
It's not as wierd as you'd think. He's not as rabid of a Browns fan as I am a Steelers fan. It's my (step)dad where things get wierd, because he used to ground me for a week when I was a kid and the Steelers won, so I was a bit releaved when the Browns moved lol.

Invincible, great movie...except that it deals with the Eagles.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #29
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
It's not as wierd as you'd think. He's not as rabid of a Browns fan as I am a Steelers fan. It's my (step)dad where things get wierd, because he used to ground me for a week when I was a kid and the Steelers won, so I was a bit releaved when the Browns moved lol.

Invincible, great movie...except that it deals with the Eagles.

Grounded..Yeesh..Yeah can't blame ya there in regards to the move there bro lol.

Yup, Invincible is one of my top favs. ever. Saw it my Junior year of High School and I could relate to Vince Papale as I felt like I was the underdog on my HS Football team. (I was far from a starter.). I do like some of the igggles players though, Concrete Charlie, Reggie White, and Randall Cunnigham are some of my all time favs. in regards to Football players. Also thought the team that Buddy Ryan had in the late 80's-early 90's was pretty cool as well.