Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-15-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Heritage Not Hate

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoun...erate_Flag.htm

Just want everyone to know that there is a good website that describes alot about the Rebel Flag and why it was created. I am not for or against anyone until they do something to me.. southerner or yankee.. you are yourself and that is all that matters to me. I am a southerner therefore I will fly my flag.. does it mean I hate northerners? No.. it doesnt.. it just shows that I have pride in where I live.
I hope truthfuly that my flag doesnt offend anyone, but it is my freedom to show pride in my place of living.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default Re: Heritage Not Hate

Save your confederate money the south will rise again. That is what my room mate at Boys Town always said and we had others of color in our house and we all got along.
It wasn't until about 15 years ago that I remember all of a sudden the Stars and Bars became something that some say stands for hatred. I think it was Louis Farrakhan that started that diatribe. It was him or the Rev. Jesse Jackson Or Rev. Al Sharpton none of whom have a church they preach in, to my knowledge. They preach to the media and the media listens and propagates what they say until it become a fact.
It was Lennon that said tell a lie long enough and soon people will believe it to be the truth.

The Stars and Bars is part of the of American history. An important part of American history that schools and people now want to disregard. People need to judge people by their actions and not their color or the clothes they wear or if they have Stars and Bars flying or The Gadsden Flag "Don't Tread On Me" (my personal favorite of historical flags)

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?

Last edited by TroysBadDawg; 06-15-2008 at 08:40 AM.
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Thank you Dawg.. very nice
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

PArdon me and not to start a fight... but GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!

Anyone flying a confederate flag north of the mason-dixon line and ESPECIALLY if you were born north of the mason-dixon line HAS NO SOUTHERN HERITAGE! Around here, the heavy duty racists all wear it and fly it. And the one who claim some kind of convoluted "heritage not hate" crap... well just stand around them a few minutes and listen to the n-bombs flying out of their mouth.

I'll continue to light em up!

I have German heritage... dont see me flying a swazi. Thats part of American history as well.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
It wasn't until about 15 years ago that I remember all of a sudden the Stars and Bars became something that some say stands for hatred. I think it was Louis Farrakhan that started that diatribe. It was him or the Rev. Jesse Jackson Or Rev. Al Sharpton none of whom have a church they preach in, to my knowledge. They preach to the media and the media listens and propagates what they say until it become a fact.
It was Lennon that said tell a lie long enough and soon people will believe it to be the truth.
Not quite accurate. The segregationists flew the rebel flag to protest the civil rights movement and that's the group you can blame for saddling the rebel flag (unfairly) with the negative associations. look up when Southern state legislatures started flying it over the statehouse or incorporating it into the state flag.

I know a guy who lives near Baton Rouge and found a house he liked...until he went into the back yard and saw a giant Stars and Bars on the other side of the fence. He decided to buy a different house because he didn't want the owner of that flag for a neighbor--and the guy I know is a Southern good ole boy.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Here's an example--Georgia put the Confederate battle flag (which is not the same thing as the official flag of the CSA) on its state flag in 1956.

http://sos.georgia.gov/museum/html/g...g_history.html
Old 06-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,850 Times in 4,095 Posts

i say let the southerners fly their flag. its kinda cute, like brownsfans bragging about all their dominance of the past and hanging championship banners in their driveway.

every region can be proud of its heritage. i can be proud of new mexicos "buffalo soldiers". and i can still rip on the texans who think they are their own country.

it woulda been interesting to see how things woulda worked out if the south woulda won their war. could they still run a slavery operation in the 21'st century? i doubt it. my feeling is that the south should be thankful of the yankees for not letting them foolishly leave the union and for saving them from themselves.

as far as flying the flag, the germans who rent MY airspace to train their air force pilots had 3 flags flying infront of their headquarters building. the us flag, german flag, and that of the state of new mexico.

we had to correct them because they tried to fly theirs at even staff with ours. they were forced to lower it even if it was just a few inches.

no flag flies higher than the stars and stripes in america.

if you dont like it, declare war and get your ass kicked once again. thats how i feel.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #8
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
it woulda been interesting to see how things woulda worked out if the south woulda won their war.
We'd have had it made
Old 06-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

I guess the Confederate flag is better than friggin' Nazi flag.

U guys should've seen some of those idiots here that fly Nazi-like flags in my country. The thing is those guys think that it represents only nationalistic ideas. But I think it represents far more things than just nationalistic idea. Hatred & stupidity, to be exact.

I've seen cars with those flags, & people who used Nazi flag as their avatars. When I tried to argue with some of them online, they think they have the right to use them just because some of the early Mongols had used them, long before Hitler's nazis. What they don't understand is when those early Mongols used them it had different meaning into it. And now the swastika has whole different meaning in the eyes of the whole world thanks to Hitler.

Huge confusion over being nationalistic vs. patriotic.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #10
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,160 Times in 457 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

YEE HAW now all we need is Budwiser , NASCAR, loose a few teeth and hate every one whose not white. Thats what that flag means these days.
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote