Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Truth about Obama

Some have seen videos, others talk radio...vote with the knowledge you know and research. not what others say....

obama isn't a muslim... his dad was an atheist...obama is a christian...... he wears the flag pin sometimes and other times he doesn't.... john mccain wears it sometimes and sometimes he doesn't... why don't we question him?..... obama attended a christian school when he was a child... not a muslim school. I think it is sad that republicans can't win on the issues ... so they have to invent absolute falsehoods in order to attack a man. Nothing in that video was true...nothing.... not even the hand on the heart while the national anthem played.. As any American would know. It is not customary to put your hand on your heart during the national antem.... you could do it.. but it is also customary to fold you hand in front of you... only during the pledge of allegence is it customary to put your hand on your heart. Worryin about flag pins...religion, and other non issue things such as this has gotton us into a war that we didn't have to fight.... a broken ecomony... and disaster in New Orleans... and the list goes on and on.... I'm so tired of people misleading others... and then we get people who can't do the job. McCain is a true American Hero... no doubt........... i'm sure he would be an effective prez..... but he will be in his mid 70's.... and he has a95% voting record with bush... and i can't have another bush like term.... things are too bad.... I hope people don't just watch this without researching the fact and learn the truth. Rush Limbaugh has been saying for weeks that obama's wife said "Whitey" in some speech...and that there was a tape of it... turns out it was made up..there is no tape... and it was never said..... people can say anything.... doesn't make it true....
Old 06-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Truth about Obama

What EXACTLY are the reasons you will be voting for Obama? What issues are most important to you and what exactly are Obama's positions/solutions on these issues that you agree with?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Some have seen videos, others talk radio...vote with the knowledge you know and research. not what others say....

obama isn't a muslim... his dad was an atheist...obama is a christian...... he wears the flag pin sometimes and other times he doesn't.... john mccain wears it sometimes and sometimes he doesn't... why don't we question him?..... obama attended a christian school when he was a child... not a muslim school. I think it is sad that republicans can't win on the issues ... so they have to invent absolute falsehoods in order to attack a man. Nothing in that video was true...nothing.... not even the hand on the heart while the national anthem played.. As any American would know. It is not customary to put your hand on your heart during the national antem.... you could do it.. but it is also customary to fold you hand in front of you... only during the pledge of allegence is it customary to put your hand on your heart. Worryin about flag pins...religion, and other non issue things such as this has gotton us into a war that we didn't have to fight.... a broken ecomony... and disaster in New Orleans... and the list goes on and on.... I'm so tired of people misleading others... and then we get people who can't do the job. McCain is a true American Hero... no doubt........... i'm sure he would be an effective prez..... but he will be in his mid 70's.... and he has a95% voting record with bush... and i can't have another bush like term.... things are too bad.... I hope people don't just watch this without researching the fact and learn the truth. Rush Limbaugh has been saying for weeks that obama's wife said "Whitey" in some speech...and that there was a tape of it... turns out it was made up..there is no tape... and it was never said..... people can say anything.... doesn't make it true....
If you feel it is justified to negatively affiliate McCain's voting record with that of GWB, I think it is more than justified to negatively affiliate Obama's morals, ethics and ideals to those of the Rev. Wright.

Ronald Reagan was a month shy of 71 years of age when he took office and held office for 2 terms, yet is regarded by many as one of the greatest Presidents of all time. Personally, I'd rather support an older, wiser and more experienced candidate than a candidate who has barely scratched the surface.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
What EXACTLY are the reasons you will be voting for Obama? I mean what is it about Obama - his track record, experience, and positions that you agree with?
here a the issues i agree with...you may not...

Health Care..... We have a totally broken system... we need universal health care just like every other civilized government... it is ashame someone could get into a car accident on the way to work... and yet still have to go to work.... yes this is an exaggeration.. but true at the same time... I like that he does not mandate universal health care... but makes it a choice.... it is the same health care that senators and congressman have.... why not us?..... they aren't willing to give it up and have the insurance plans we do.... cause they aren't dumb...

Abortion.... I am a man..so this issue doen't affect me... however i don't think the government should tell a woman what to do with their body.... and lets be honest... if some fat cat senator little girl got pregnant and it was illegal here...they can afford to take their kid to another country and get the abortion if they wanted.. we don't have the money to do that... I do however think that late term abortions are wrong... and so does obama.

Taxes... Why is it that the 1% of americans who have more than over 90% of the rest of use pay less percentage in taxes... one of the architects of the bush tax cut has recently addmited that it doesn't work and that the clinton version of taxation does... Ben Stine... was on CNN the other day and was advocating raisning Taxes on the rich because there is no other way to pay down the debt and therefore help the falling dollar... and if the dollare is stronger.. it offsets how much.. food...gas and everything else is here...

Education.... No Child Left Behind is a sad mistake... 100% (all students) must pass the test by 2014... come on... that is statistically impossible.... you can't have 100% of anything... it sounds good.. and is well intentioned.. but really.... Not teaching science or History.... becuase it isn't tested... kids not even getting recess... at all... I agree with alot of NCLB... but Obama wants to make the goals more realistic... McCain... who i really do like... wants to keep it the same or basically the same...

The War... I was against the war from day one... I read and researched... and never say a reason to go to Iraq. They didn't attack us.. had no weapons to threaten us.. and had nothing to do with 9/11.... I really don't think Obama is going to get us totally out right away... i don't think anyone could.... but i think McCain is on the same page as bush and wants to spend billions...hundreds of billions on their schools... bridges... and hospitals...for what seems like forever.. even McCain said decades... if not 50 or 100 years.... which is ridiculious..... we can't afford it.... we have record gas prices... and everything is more expensive.... and the dollar is worth less than the euro... and it is tired to the record amount of money we are spending in iraq. THis war has gon on longer than WW1 or 2... We need to leave.!!

Environment.... although McCain at least addits that climate change is real... he sticks to the same old drill for more oil montra... if we drilled alaska...and off our cost.. it would take around 15 years to get everything set up.... and get the oil... and it would bring the price of oil down only a few cents.... we need immediate solutions.... and new technologies... and renewable energies...

Religion.... I like him because he has been exposed to many religions and cultures..yet he chooses to be a christian.. and love America... he wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't for his faith and his country.... and he always say that he knows this...

Veterans... he wants real health care..and real bennefits for the veterans... not this government hypocracy....

there are more issues and reason... but...

I think what is best is to go to http://www.barackobama.com and actually read his stand on the issues and make up your own mind..... but watching propoganda videos that have no truth... isn't the way.... you are just voting against yourself if you vote repubican this time around... go to the website.. read his background and his stand on the issues.. and if u still want to vote McCain.... that's great... just voting is truely an american act.... but passing on lies and confussin the issue... isn't the way....
Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
What EXACTLY are the reasons you will be voting for Obama? What issues are most important to you and what exactly are Obama's positions/solutions on these issues that you agree with?
May be because Obama is a Steelers' fan?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
If you feel it is justified to negatively affiliate McCain's voting record with that of GWB, I think it is more than justified to negatively affiliate Obama's morals, ethics and ideals to those of the Rev. Wright.

Ronald Reagan was a month shy of 71 years of age when he took office and held office for 2 terms, yet is regarded by many as one of the greatest Presidents of all time. Personally, I'd rather support an older, wiser and more experienced candidate than a candidate who has barely scratched the surface.
the thing is that there is facts to support that McCain has a 95% voting record that agrees with bush.... obama has not run a campain that in anyway has used the race card..or shown any way that he agrees with wright.. and he has broken ties with the man.... what more can he do..... McCain will be 72 if he wins.... and 76 at the end of the first term.... look how much bush and clinton aged during there time in office.... what will happen to McCain.... we need change and a new way of thinking.. and a new leader.. not a guy who has 100's of millions of dollars...and has been in DC for decades.... again... if you like McCAin vote for him... he's a good guy.. i like him... but i feel he is too much like bush on the war and ecomony ..(2 major blunders under bush) and he is too old... my opinion... sorry... i respect yours...

Last edited by BIGBENFASTWILLIE; 06-17-2008 at 10:10 PM.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:

Interestingly you say that Republicans can't win on issues, so they invent falsehoods. Then you go on to list falsehoods, such as worrying about flagpins and religion got us into a war. Falsehood. Saying with absolute fact that it was a war we didn't have to fight is a falsehood. Do you know? Were you there at all the briefings? Do you know what would have happened if we didn't go to war?

You talk about a "Broken Economy" yet it is far from broken. Broken is an economy out of control. Please see the Wiemar republic for a broken economy. We are not even in a recession yet (2 quarters of negative growth), so that is a falsehood. It is a weak economy. An anemic economy. it is not broken.

Then you state the disaster in New Orleans, completely forgetting that there is a federal law PROHIBITING the fed. govt. from stepping in until the state governor OFFICIALLY asks for help... unless the president declares the state in rebellion (please see the civil rights and use of national guards). By only discussing the presidency, you, by association lay the disaster of New Orleans at the foot of the president, when the state and local govt. screwed up AT LEAST just as much. So again, Falsehood.

Then, you finish with this, "I'm so tired of people misleading others." That was just after you did so many times in this very post.

What is my point?

It is that in truth, you probably didn't try to mislead anyone. Instead, you are speaking the misleadings of your party.

Do you condemn Michael Moore for all of his work?

Do you condemn John Kerry for misleading America about Bush missing Osama at Tora Bora to place troops in iraq? (Tora Bora happened in late 2001, the first time Iraq was MENTIONED was in Jan. of 2002, and then, it went through the UN. THus, it was MONTHS after ToraBora. Oh yeah, and don't forget, General Franks was the decision maker on troops on the ground. Furthermore, he recognized his error, and STARTED putting American troops at the front of these battles after Tora Bora. So do you condemn Kerry for misleading America in an election cycle?

Do you condemn the Democrats in the 199(4?) cycle for telling constituents that republicans want to starve little children?

It is time to take the democrat rose-colored glasses off. Dems play a very nasty game. Republicans play a very nasty game. They both lie to get one thing.... power.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #8
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Interestingly you say that Republicans can't win on issues, so they invent falsehoods. Then you go on to list falsehoods, such as worrying about flagpins and religion got us into a war. Falsehood. Saying with absolute fact that it was a war we didn't have to fight is a falsehood. Do you know? Were you there at all the briefings? Do you know what would have happened if we didn't go to war?

You talk about a "Broken Economy" yet it is far from broken. Broken is an economy out of control. Please see the Wiemar republic for a broken economy. We are not even in a recession yet (2 quarters of negative growth), so that is a falsehood. It is a weak economy. An anemic economy. it is not broken.

Then you state the disaster in New Orleans, completely forgetting that there is a federal law PROHIBITING the fed. govt. from stepping in until the state governor OFFICIALLY asks for help... unless the president declares the state in rebellion (please see the civil rights and use of national guards). By only discussing the presidency, you, by association lay the disaster of New Orleans at the foot of the president, when the state and local govt. screwed up AT LEAST just as much. So again, Falsehood.

Then, you finish with this, "I'm so tired of people misleading others." That was just after you did so many times in this very post.

What is my point?

It is that in truth, you probably didn't try to mislead anyone. Instead, you are speaking the misleadings of your party.

Do you condemn Michael Moore for all of his work?

Do you condemn John Kerry for misleading America about Bush missing Osama at Tora Bora to place troops in iraq? (Tora Bora happened in late 2001, the first time Iraq was MENTIONED was in Jan. of 2002, and then, it went through the UN. THus, it was MONTHS after ToraBora. Oh yeah, and don't forget, General Franks was the decision maker on troops on the ground. Furthermore, he recognized his error, and STARTED putting American troops at the front of these battles after Tora Bora. So do you condemn Kerry for misleading America in an election cycle?

Do you condemn the Democrats in the 199(4?) cycle for telling constituents that republicans want to starve little children?

It is time to take the democrat rose-colored glasses off. Dems play a very nasty game. Republicans play a very nasty game. They both lie to get one thing.... power.
Democrats are no angles...... I'm an independant thinker.... and bush needed a DVD made of news coverage cause he wasn't sure what was goin on in new orleans.... and ya..i think most people KNOW that the war was a mistake... that is why like 13 different bush poeple have written books basically saying so. Hey did you know Dick Cheney gets a paycheck from the oil companies.... and that he a had secret meeting that he refuses to let people know what was said with the oil compainies that pay him when he first got in office... Funny how the VP gets more money the more gas goes up....hmmmm... look vote for the republicans if you want.... it's obviously worked for us the last 8 years.... my vote will undo yours.....lol.... and i think more people will vote democrate this time... not oly for prez... but the house and senate.... and if the dems screw up as bad as bush...i;ll vote for the republican next time... unlike you i love america...not a party!!

Last edited by BIGBENFASTWILLIE; 06-17-2008 at 11:34 PM.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
unlike you i love america...not a party!!
Interesting.

I was going to comment on the rest of your post... until I saw this.

Now, let me go back to what I said...

Quote:
yet you have to personally attack my patriotism, after just posting this statement,

Quote:
so they have to invent absolute falsehoods in order to attack a man
You have just shown yourself to be a hypocrite.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

Amen to that HTG.

In case people(THIS INCLUDES SEN. OBAMA) have forgotten, the more he calls McCain a 3rd term Bush, we will continue to associate him with Rev. Wright.

Right now I'd much rather have someone with McCain's experience ESPECIALLY IN A WAR TIME ERA and one who has actually seen America succeed and knows that it can rise again. Also McCain is one of the few Congressmen/Senators who actually vote in a "Bi-Partisan" manner. He does not always vote with his fellow Republicans, he does side with Democrats to. Right now considering the shape of our country, WE NEED A MODERATE MIND who knows what the hell he is doing and can move America in the right direction.

If Democrats wanted someone that was so badly experienced, they would have had Bill Richardson as their candidate. Obama will have his time in the spot light as president one day, but now we need a guy who can lead a country in a time that we are in and actually knows what it's like to have to experience a war and knows that costs and tragedy and what it takes to finish it off.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote